SASS Wire Forum

Cowtown Range, not again !

Lefty Dude, SASS # 51223

It looks like we got hit again with flood waters. A work party is scheduled for this Saturday.

A front loader rental will be delivered tomorrow so that the Dry wash can be repaired again this Year.

I am sure some one will post some pictures. I saw some on my E-mail today.

Not as bad as last year, but still some stages got washed out.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully, not near as bad... All that work, but... practice makes perfect they say!

Cowtown is in a tough location in that gulley. No place for water to flow except that ditch and with some of the rains that come, there's not enough ditch.

Hope you pards get it all fixed with minimal loss. Good luck.

The dry wash was roaring pretty good again. ;)

the new stage fronts are all set in concrete and they are all still there. :) Some sand, dirt, and rock has been washed and piled on the surface and some areas cut --- the whole range needs to be leveled and cleaned up. Looked like there may have been a few targets go down stream. The best long term solution would, of course, be a small retaining wall with rip-rap but I don't know if that is do-able and a wall of flowing water has a loy of force.. Seems like 100 year events have started happening every few years <_<

Sorry to hear this news...good luck....Jim

It looks like we got hit again with flood waters. A work party is scheduled for this Saturday.

A front loader rental will be delivered tomorrow so that the Dry wash can be repaired again this Year.

I am sure some one will post some pictures. I saw some on my E-mail today.

Not as bad as last year, but still some stages got washed out.

When did the storm hit?

DC

I was involved in a water control project some years back. There is a product called a Gabian basket. You've probably seen some and didn't think about them. They are a wire basket, square, about the size of a square haybale. You put the basket where you want it then fill them with rocks and wire the top shut. Put them in a row to divert water, etc. There's some labor involved but I doubt the baskets cost much. And I'm assuming you can scrape up the rock!

Sorry to hear that.

It was my first match at Cowtown this year juste before WR.

Nice place to shoot with very nice people. Just loved it.

A bit far from home though ....

Hope you all can get it clean ASAP.

Wish you all the best

Well just to let you all know Cowtown has the greatest members around. With 2 days of lots of elbow grease and a john deer tractor we are back up and running. Had a great match today with 44 shooters. All is well on the range. have 7 working stages with new target placement and will have the other four up by the end of the week. only damage was dirt work and we lost no steel or props. thank you all for your great comments and hope to see you soon. we will hold the fire & ice match before winter range and it is pre-register only due to popularity. can accomedate 220 shooters. so thanks again and see ya on the range . good idea about the wire baskets, will considered need something to baffle the water to slow down the flow speed.

Great news, Barb

I'm not Barb but yes it is. I think I found it on their website. Mines already in although they haven't cashed my check yet.

Guess they've been busy rebuilding the range again.

Marshal Stone

Archived