SASS Wire Forum

It's almost Mason-Dixon Time

Chicken Scratch

getting things ready for the long trek North. So hows the weather up thar? Are the Natives friendly? Will I be shot wearing my Confedrate Uniform carrying the Stars and Bars. Enquiring minds want to know.

Scratch

We are ready, willing and able to accept our visitors from everywhere.

Weather has been hanging in the mid to upper 70's with cool nights.

Long range forecast says low 70s day and low 50s high 40s night for the shoot. As for the people more are good than bad ( I regularly fit into both categories). Stars and bars are polarizing these days but it is the Mason Dixon Stampede and as of last year the confederate flag was on the buckle so have at it. It should be a great time.

getting things ready for the long trek North. So hows the weather up thar? Are the Natives friendly? Will I be shot wearing my Confedrate Uniform carrying the Stars and Bars. Enquiring minds want to know.

Scratch

I'd be proud of ya. The South WILL rise again..........

The 10 day forecast looks shows a chance of rain Sunday. It gonna be a good one. We're just north of the Potomac you'll be fine. Hope to meet ya there.

Will I be shot wearing my Confedrate Uniform carrying the Stars and Bars. Enquiring minds want to know.

Scratch

Only if you venture into Baltimore, but then you can get shot in Baltimore just for being in Baltimore.

Most of us are friendly sorts and believe it or not, Maryland has a split personality concerning the War. Many of us have ties to both the North and the South but technically Maryland is a Southern state as the Mason-Dixon line separates Maryland from Pennsylvania. It's less than a half hour from the range if you feel the need to step on the other side!

Hey Scratch..... Head on down to the camp'n area keeping a sharp lookout on the flags fly'n, If ya know your flags, and I'm sure ya do, you'll find your happy place ..

You'll also be extremely happy when you see the cornhole boards at said location !

BW

You can wear your confederate uniform, hell I am wearing a dress on side match day.

Scratch

Scratch,

FWIW, it takes me 12 hours to get to Saint Augustine from my home and I'm an hour south of the Thurmont range.

I think Gray Squirrel was in more danger wearing his Union blues at Givhans Ferry the other year than you'll be up here. :-)

Have a safe trip up,

Dutch

To all our Pards heading into the Mason-Dixon Stampede, Safe Travels!

Setup starts tomorrow and it looks to be a Great Match! Weather is shaping up nicely, things are all coming together, but I do need to give you all fair warning......

THE FRY GUY IS COMING! THE FRY GUY IS COMING!

french-fries1.jpg

I figure if I stop eating now, and don't start up again until Wednesday, I will break even by the end of the Match!

Ain't Florida the southernmost county of New York? :D

<runnin and duckin />

cept we get to keep our guns :P

FYI - I'm having a hands-on shotgun reloading seminar at the Stampede on Thursday at 11 am and 2 pm. Loading 3/4 oz. lite loads using Clays/Clay Dot on a MEC Jr. Sign-up is at registration. You can roll your own and try them at the speed shotgun side match. Will quickly cover the basics; I'll provide all the shells, powder, primers, and shot. It's a $5 donation to the SASS Scholarship Fund.

Church Key (NRA Certified Shotgun Shell Reloading Instructor)

I'm really excited about this match! First time at Thurmont! Been through more lead preparing for this match than ever before! Looking forward to seeing old friends, making new ones! We will be open for business - custom ear plugs, bullets and accessories Thursday morning!

Safe travels everyone!

Looks like long range forecasts are calling for the possibility of some rain. It's still almost a week away, but be prepared anyway. If you all are like me, and pack your cold weather, wet weather gear, it will be garennteed to be warm and dry with lots of sunshine.

See Yao all soon!

FYI - I'm having a hands-on shotgun reloading seminar at the Stampede on Thursday at 11 am and 2 pm. Loading 3/4 oz. lite loads using Clays/Clay Dot on a MEC Jr. Sign-up is at registration. You can roll your own and try them at the speed shotgun side match. Will quickly cover the basics; I'll provide all the shells, powder, primers, and shot. It's a $5 donation to the SASS Scholarship Fund.

Church Key (NRA Certified Shotgun Shell Reloading Instructor)

Count me IN !!!

I bounced my posness warren against the wall before I got rid of it.

need to learn how to make BP loads

Scratch

To all our Pards heading into the Mason-Dixon Stampede, Safe Travels!

Setup starts tomorrow and it looks to be a Great Match! Weather is shaping up nicely, things are all coming together, but I do need to give you all fair warning......

THE FRY GUY IS COMING! THE FRY GUY IS COMING!

french-fries1.jpg

I figure if I stop eating now, and don't start up again until Wednesday, I will break even by the end of the Match!

LPL and I are looking forward to our yearly fix of Fry Guys fry's :) :)

Nawlis

Don't know The Fry Guy...YET! Can't wait to meet him!

Archived