SASS Wire Forum

Americans foil gunman, on French train

From

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/22/world/europe/americans-foil-gunman-on-french-train-officials-say.html?emc=edit_th_20150822&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=30446431&_r=0

PARIS — A heavily armed gunman opened fire aboard a packed high-speed train traveling from Amsterdam to Paris late Friday afternoon, wounding several passengers before he was tackled and subdued by two Americans, according to French officials, who said the pair had averted a mass killing.

News reports said the Americans were members of the armed services, although the Pentagon confirmed only that one service member had been on the train and had been wounded. Later reports said that a third American had also helped stop the gunman.

The assault was described by the Belgian prime minister as a terrorist attack.

Amazing how quickly they were awarded medals...! :)

Almost as if they had 'em in stock, just waiting for such an opportunity! ^_^

Well hey... at least the French were appreciative.

I've been told by more than one foreign soldier, that if you are in a trench, the man you want beside you is an American.

Or a Legionnaire.

Could be the same thing. ;)

Apparently the first person to confront the killer was a Frenchmam who was shot. And an English businessman helped. Looks like an International effort. Well done.

One of the servicemen mentioned applying finger pressure to a wounded man's neck to stop what sounded like arterial bleeding. So they not only saved the masses, but an individual as well.

I just heard they will be awarded the French Legion of Honor tomorrow.

I would hope that the Army and Air Force will follow up with appropriate recognition. I would think BSV at the least. And a PH for A1C Stone.

I just heard they will be awarded the French Legion of Honor tomorrow.

I would hope that the Army and Air Force will follow up with appropriate recognition. I would think BSV at the least. And a PH for A1C Stone.

Bet Obama says nothing about it

Bet Obama says nothing about it

He already called them on the phone. As far as awards, that's up to the DOD.

:FlagAm: What was fascinating to me was that all the news outlets accredited it to a US Marine at first. Only later was he identified as USAF. Of course I may be prejudiced after 30 years AF service.

The news media's first reports on an incident like this are always off base. But they gotta get the story out there...whether it's accurate or not.

He already called them on the phone. As far as awards, that's up to the DOD.

Actually any award that Anthony Sadler gets from the US will have to come either from Congress or the President as he is a civilian.

Howdy,

Not Army. Not Marines. Not Rangers or Seals; National Guard, drill sergeant.

OUTSTANDING.

With a little support from......the Air Force.

Best

CR

Actually any award that Anthony Sadler gets from the US will have to come either from Congress or the President as he is a civilian.

I know. I wasn't addressing Sadler, just the two military personnel.

I know. I wasn't addressing Sadler, just the two military personnel.

I was pretty sure you did.

Saw on this mornings news that the three Americans and the Brit were awarded the French Legion of Honor and made Knights of the Order.

The French National and French/American will also be receiving the Medal later this week and are trying very hard to stay out of the lime light

Yeah, but what does the poor terrorist get?

The virgins are gone, he has lost status in the terrorist community,

and his lip is swollen, and his rifle was confiscated.

Surly we can conjure up some sympathy for

this poor soul. :blink: Well, maybe not!

I watched a few minutes of cnn. They are trying to cheapen and discredit the whole thing by saying that the guy was not a terrorist ... just a misguided robber. Remember: the left does not encourage self responsibility. That should be left up to the government. What in the world was I doing on cnn?? Sorry.

Seeing how he was on the radar as a potential Jihadist in 3 countries, his "I was robbing the train" spiel is a bit hard to swallow.

Archived