SASS Wire Forum

Captain Jack Cajun

Capt. Jack, a.k.a. Jack Jenkins, had a bad fall Wednesday night, hitting his head very hard on the floor in his home. He was air flighted to Houston Methodist Hospital where they initially used shunts to drain fluids off his brain and relieve the swelling. When this did not work very well they operated on him Thursday night and relieved the pressure and repaired a , constricted artery that was believed to be the cause of his "blacking out" and falling. The doctors are optimistic he will recover but cautioned the next 3-5 days are critical to his recovery. Jack is strong willed and I believe he will be ok with time. He was really excited about attending his first End Of Trail this year and will be disappointed at not being able to do so. Please keep Jack in your thoughts and prayers.

Prayers up for a complete healing and comfort for him and his family and friends.

Very unfortunate accident to a really great guy. Always liked to see his smile when I got to posse with him. I wish him the best possible recovery.

Besides hoping him the best recovery I thought I would remind you to call sass and let them know so that they can maybe mail him his shooter packet or maybe even refund part if not all of the fee.

We add our prayers.

Update on Jack from Miss Donnies daughter this morning.

Tuesday morning report on Jack--just got off the phone with Don who went in to see Jack just now while they were checking responses as sedation was lightened a bit. He did respond to pinches, etc, and opened his eyes and looked aggravated at the indignities. Otherwise not much change since yesterday as far as Don could tell. Donnie is still in with Jack and is supposed to talk to doctor this morning, so we may know more later. Don thinks they will be doing more scans, etc, today. Thanks for praying.

Thursday update on Jack from Miss Donnie

Thursday update on Jack--his condition is still unchanged. The tracheotomy scheduled for yesterday was postponed, but was done successfully this morning. We are looking at a longer recuperation and rehab time than originally expected. Jack will probably be here at Methodist Hospital for a few more weeks. Thank you for your continued prayers.

First post for me but I wanted to pass on some information on Capt. Jack. The paragraph copied below is information from his daughter-in-law.

"Update on Jack (June 24--day14)--More good news!! Jack was alert Tuesday once he awoke from the sedation. He was able to respond by nodding or shaking his head when asked questions, and he answered correctly. He moves his lips but can't talk yet because of the tracheotomy. The fever recurs sometimes, and they are keeping it down with Tylenol. Donnie asked if his head hurt and he nodded. Our God is truly awesome and we thank Him for bringing Jack this far!! The next step is making arrangements for rehab there in Houston--not sure how long that will take. Thank you for your continued prayers."

I've known Jack since the early '90s from Church and we have ridden motorcycles together in the past, reloaded together and shot together for the last couple of years. Must say I don't know a more genuine couple than Jack and Donnie and couldn't ask better friends.

Went down to see him last Wednesday and again today but can't add much to the excerpt copied above. Please keep the whole Jenkins family in your prayers.

• 3 months later...

Got a call from Donnie about 9:00 this evening. She is planning to bring Jack home Saturday. It's been a long haul for Jack and Miz Donnie for the last 4+ months with still a long recovery ahead.

Please keep Donnie and Jack in your prayers as they continue to travel along the difficult road ahead.

Archived