SASS Wire Forum

Retired

Grumpy Old Man

Congratulations. If you have plans, get on with 'em. Don't put off those trips, big matches, whatever. Things can change very quickly.

Remember there may be a "Period of Adjustment" to your new schedule. It took me 20 seconds to adjust to fewer responsibilities.

Excellent!

For the rest of us staring this development in the face, what kinds of plans do you have? Every time I think about it, my idea changes - travel? Shoot? Sail? Build a kit car? Hammock? Fish? So much to do, so little time left.

Just depends on how much money you got

LL

10 years ago I faced the same question - what to do? well, built 3 cars (1 from scratch) rebuilt the house and landscaped it, moved to a new state, did a whole bunch of fishing - and shooting, and I still don't have enough time in the day to do what I want to do. I can't seem to find time to be bored.

Congratulations on a new stage of life! It's a state of mind as much as anything.

Congratulations. Now you can get busy on YOUR PROJECTS.

One word of advise. Guard your time carefully. Don't let others steal it from you.

When the word gets out, you will have friends that you didn't know about.

Congratulation! & Enjoy! I've been retired 15 years now, haven't had a day off or a vacation since.

Howdy,

Congrats. Watch Your Health.

If you haven't been seeing a doc, DO IT.

Same with a dentist.

THEN go full speed ahead on yer favorite hobby.

Assuming you only have one.....

Best

CR

ps and CELEBRATE ever year retired.

Twice the wife, half of the money and none of the time to get anything done. On the bright side you get 6 Saturdays and a Sunday every week.

10 years ago I faced the same question - what to do? well, built 3 cars (1 from scratch) rebuilt the house and landscaped it, moved to a new state, did a whole bunch of fishing - and shooting, and I still don't have enough time in the day to do what I want to do. I can't seem to find time to be bored.

Congratulations on a new stage of life! It's a state of mind as much as anything.

Yep. Been 15 years for me next month and I've loved every minute of it! We travel in our RV, do some foreign travel, lots of shooting, hunting fishing & boating. Never been bored!

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

I retired 14 years ago and have loved every minute of it. You got some good advice; do not sit still on the couch! Get out and GO; DO SOMETHING! Stay busy and try to travel to places you always want to see. Life is short; Eat Desert First!

Cheers ,Hoss

Archived