SASS Wire Forum

2015 SASS Texas State Championship

Agarita Annie

Well it is only twenty-five days until the 2015 SASS Texas State Championship being held at the Agarita Ranch (near Lockhart) and hosted by the Plum Creek Shooting Society.

We are now up to 220 shooters, do I hear 250 from anyone?????

We are going to have a great Sutter's Row with about 18 vendors: Aspen Filly Engraving, Bill Stout, Blanco's Brass, Boomstick Arms, Chili Petin Hats, Circle M Saddlery and Leatherworks, Earthwalker, JM Leather, Klassic Laser Works, Lonestar Bullets, Long Hunter Shooting Supplies, Major Photography, Michael Elledge Gun Boxes, Old Scyene, PBR Ammo, Ranger Star's Old West Collectibles, State Mountain Mercantile and Texas Hatters.

We've got a couple of amazing food trucks that will be parked on site for shooter food starting on Thursday.

The real FUN gets started on Thursday, April 30th with some great Side Match activity, a Plainsman side match and a Wild Bunch side match. Thanks to all of you that I have reached out to to help waddie these events, you are the best!

Main Match fun gets started on Friday the 1st of May. With 220+ shooters we will have am and pm flights so the place will be a jumpin'.

If you haven't already registered, what are you waiting for?

Texas State is shaping up to be a fine match! We shot 6 stages there this weekend and the range and target placement look great! Can't wait to shoot 10 stages!

Don't miss out on the fun!

Whiskey Kid

Texas State is shaping up to be a fine match! We shot 6 stages there this weekend and the range and target placement look great! Can't wait to shoot 10 stages!

Don't miss out on the fun!

Whiskey Kid

+1

Diablo-glad you can make it. Passing your info on to Long Juan so he knows to watch for it and he can plan for your posse assignment.

Got another vendor coming-Gold by Linda-bringing us to around 20.

Range is looking really good and Whiskey Kid is right-it will be fun! Whiskey Kid has been hard at work designing some great Side Matches so be sure to show up a day early and spend Thursday with us shooting Side Matches. Two Gun Johnny has been hard at work on the Plainsman Match and yes, we will give an award for both male and female Plainsmen. Joe Darter has a four stage Wild Bunch match planned that will keep your 1911's busy.

If you haven't gotten your registration form in, why not? No more excuses, you know you want to come and play, so just send in that form and head toward Central Texas.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. this is starting to sound like a big deal. Wait--it is a big deal! Don't delay if you were on the fence about coming to the Texas State match. You are about out of time, so don't delay. And I think we might have another vendor coming as well, something for the whole family, but we will have to wait and see. Even if you can't shoot the match, come out and take a look and maybe find a few bargains and some additions to your costume, leather or guns.

OK Dragon Hill Dave, the Ghost (oldest Classic Cowboy still shootin' at age of 72) is callin' ya out! :angry: Get ready for some HOT LEAD headed down range. :)

Folks, the Ghost sent DHD packin' at TRAILHEAD ;) , but can he beat him on his home range? :(

Ghost :ph34r:

OK Dragon Hill Dave, the Ghost (oldest Classic Cowboy still shootin' at age of 72) is callin' ya out! :angry: Get ready for some HOT LEAD headed down range. :)

Folks, the Ghost sent DHD packin' at TRAILHEAD ;) , but can he beat him on his home range? :(

Nice....good luck to you Grampa! Leave your derringer at home...you wont need it!

Nice....good luck to you Grampa! Leave your derringer at home...you wont need it!

:o

I'm with you Anvil Al. The trail drive was successful, the cattle are in the pin.......... and now the trail hands are talking trash in the saloon! Keep your eyes open! :lol:

Man! I am out of town for a few days and suddenly everybody is going crazy. Ghost--we will know this weekend after the shoot-thru what your chances are. I only hope I am as competitive as you when I am your age.

I will watch with interest as the Derringer and Pocket Pistol side matches go on. They will be "declare" matches. Run as many times as you like to practice, but then you must "declare" your run and try to make that your fastest. Interesting to see how that plays out.

Dang...I signed up just so I can be beaten by the likes of Anvil Al...Dragon Hill...Diablo...and Ghost. Gonna be a blast. Just seeing these guys shoot is worth it and we have Artiman and Lefty Leo shooting Patience, their field piece. They rattled the windows of Downtown Austin with two blasts at the Texas Ranger dedication of Farr Rangers great great grandfathers grave DW Farr at Oakwood Cemetary last Saturday. To cool for school. Patience should not be underestimated.Those boys are something else to see in action. YeeHaw...Jim

Man! I am out of town for a few days and suddenly everybody is going crazy. Ghost--we will know this weekend after the shoot-thru what your chances are. I only hope I am as competitive as you when I am your age.

I will watch with interest as the Derringer and Pocket Pistol side matches go on. They will be "declare" matches. Run as many times as you like to practice, but then you must "declare" your run and try to make that your fastest. Interesting to see how that plays out.

It's your turn Ghost....................... :P:lol: :lol:

The crew at Plum Creek have put a wagon train load of effort in to setting up this State match. Sunny and I are really looking forward to a great time.

The Ghost is coming off with a 1st Place Classic Cowboy win at Comancheria Days finishing over all in 21st place. Not too bad for an old duelist. Won "Fastest Derringer" with a .57 on a "cold" (first shot counts) shot. Had a .48 on the second try that did not count. Been getting some off in .37 here at the house, but still not consist. Bring your best game Colorado. :)

The Ghost is coming off with a 1st Place Classic Cowboy win at Comancheria Days finishing over all in 21st place. Not too bad for an old duelist. Won "Fastest Derringer" with a .57 on a "cold" (first shot counts) shot. Had a .48 on the second try that did not count. Been getting some off in .37 here at the house, but still not consist. Bring your best game Colorado. :)

You bragging again Ghost :D:D:D:D

Hey Ghost was you using my derringer?

See you at Plum Creek.

Waaaa, Haaa!

Jackrabbit, your derringer is not slow. In fact, it's a pretty good shooter. See ya at PC.

My family and I will be attending but not shooting. I'll be huntin for a deal on a scattergun. Really looking forward to it. Good luck to all you shooters.

My family and I will be attending but not shooting. I'll be huntin for a deal on a scattergun. Really looking forward to it. Good luck to all you shooters.

From one Hoss to another, welcome to the wire! Where are you located?

I

From one Hoss to another, welcome to the wire! Where are you located?

I

I'm in Karnes County, Texas. I figured out the site! Profile updated. Thanks for the welcome!

Finally mailed in my registration. "Here goes nothin," I thought. Better to keep my expectations on that end of the spectrum!

Guaranteed good time!

BEWARE OF JOE DARTER, when entering the "FASTEST DERRINGER" side match. That's all I can say.

Ghost

BEWARE OF JOE DARTER, when entering the "FASTEST DERRINGER" side match. That's all I can say.

Ghost

Who's he?

Woohoo! It's here!

Loaded up my guns, ammo, gear, clothes, headed out about 0615 to Lockhart! Can't wait to shoot, see old friends, make new friends, hit up vendor row, maybe do some gun swapping.

Believe it or not, bringing 13 guns! ( a couple are trade bait)

We're here and camping out on the range. I can tell you a lot of work has been done to make this the best match in TEXAS! The weather is great and I can not wait to see who is the "Fastest Derringer" in TEXAS and maybe the WORLD!

Ghost

Archived