SASS Wire Forum

Today's Gossip on the gridiron

Love him or hate him Peyton's been good for the game, no bar fights, drugs or other bad press. I'm thinking he'll be in the front office somewhere, someday just like Elway.

Peyton is the reason I became a bit of a Bronco fan for the last few years. It was an effort because I have never like Elway in any shape or form.

Peyton is the reason I became a bit of a Bronco fan for the last few years. It was an effort because I have never like Elway in any shape or form.

Not particularly fond of Seabiscuit myself. I was not aBronco fan when he was playing. He knows his stuff though.

Peyton is definitely one of the good guys. He'll have success either in management or broadcasting if he retires.

Watched a press conference with John Elway this morning on ESPN.

He talked a bit about Fox's exit and what he did for the team. He also

touched on Peyton's issues. Aside from the inane questions by the press,

he made the point, that the decision about Mannings future was Peytons

to make, and not the Bronco's. I have to agree with that. One thing I did

learn is that John Elway is not a public speaker. But I guess that is an unfair

assessment of John and the press conference.

They are giving him money to do that. I still don't understand the OMAHA

routine though. But hey. I don't need to understand it.

Given that Peyton was damaged going into the game, what was wrong with

the other 10 players. They looked like they were sleep walking most of the game.

Isn't Elway related to Gary Busey, I think they are siblings. Same toothy grin.

The courts deemed the NFL as entertainment, Therefore, if it's fixed it's not illegal. Too much money, too many thugs, too many ways to change the outcome of a game. My opinion. I quit watching football and have alot more time to do constructive stuff.

Let's play baseball!

Watched a press conference with John Elway this morning on ESPN.

He talked a bit about Fox's exit and what he did for the team. He also

touched on Peyton's issues. Aside from the inane questions by the press,

he made the point, that the decision about Mannings future was Peytons

to make, and not the Bronco's. I have to agree with that. One thing I did

learn is that John Elway is not a public speaker. But I guess that is an unfair

assessment of John and the press conference.

They still have Elways picture on all of their helmets.

He was a spoiled little girl. He wasn't going to play for Baltimore and wangled a trade. If I had had him in the draft he would never have played in the NFL unless and until he played for me! I wish every player he drafts does the same thing to him and drives his sorry A$$ over the salary cap!!

As far as being Busey's brother, Gary got the personality and looks in the family!!

He was a spoiled little girl. He wasn't going to play for Baltimore and wangled a trade. If I had had him in the draft he would never have played in the NFL unless and until he played for me! I wish every player he drafts does the same thing to him and drives his sorry A$$ over the salary cap!!

As far as being Busey's brother, Gary got the personality and looks in the family!!

Wow. Did he kick yore dog? :D

Wow. Did he kick yore dog? :D

Nah! I just don't like him, and the shenanigan he pulled as a drafted player coming out of college was just wrong. So many kids don't get a chance to play and he thumbs his nose at the whole process! There was probably a young man who was ignored who could have been much better for the game than Elway ever thought of being.

Well, I don't think Elway will be playing any games as QB, at least not in the near future.

Looks to me like Denver will be doing some rebuilding for the next year or so.

Along with a lot of other teams.

Nah! I just don't like him, and the shenanigan he pulled as a drafted player coming out of college was just wrong. So many kids don't get a chance to play and he thumbs his nose at the whole process! There was probably a young man who was ignored who could have been much better for the game than Elway ever thought of being.

I don't blame him for not wanting to play for Baltimore. The Colts owner Ersay was an idiot and so is his son. Baltimore had one of the best arms in the NFL in Bert Jones, they let him get physically beaten every game, and he retired early after a trade to the Rams.

Smart move for Elway. Most people in Denver like him except the women that hate him for cheating on his wife when she was battling cancer. I really don't care about football anymore but it is good conversation.

Del Rio to the hated Raiders. Gase lost out on the 49ers job and has interviewed for the Broncs. Fox looking good for Da Bearss.

Del Rio to the hated Raiders. Gase lost out on the 49ers job and has interviewed for the Broncs. Fox looking good for Da Bearss.

Never like the Raiders. BUT. I am a Jack Del Rio fan. So might have to start watching them more.

Good young team.

If Fox had trouble in Denver, it is going to be a cluster f--k in Chicago.

Fox didn't really have any trouble in Denver other than not winning the Super Bowl.

Division champs each year. Just couldn't win the biggun.

Peyton may even be interested in coaching, but I'd bet on announcing or studio commentary...After he's done.

He may be back for one more try next year.

Peyton may even be interested in coaching, but I'd bet on announcing or studio commentary...After he's done.

He may be back for one more try next year.

He has repeatedly expressed interest in being an owner or being part of an ownership group.

I don't know if broadcasting would keep him as close to the game as he wants to be. We'll see.

Wish he'd figure out how to buy the Titans and start firing people.

Yeah! Mettenberger and what's his name, the head coach to start with. I just hope the Titans' organization doesn't fall for another Vince Young like J. Winston looks to be. I'd go for Cooper from Alabama and all the O line I could get my hands on!!

Archived