SASS Wire Forum

Everybody knows that

Sparky Nelson

King David rode a motorcycle.

His Triumph was heard throughout the land.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read a list of silly laws some years ago.

No person shall back any motor vehicle into any traveled thoroughfare.

(Pull in parking is perfectly legal, you just can't reverse out of it, at least not legally)

No horse shall wear any but a plain black harness on Sunday.

(Wilbur, have you seen my Sunday go to meetin' harness?)

No drunkard may drive any but a wheelbarrow on any public thoroughfare.

(Which makes sense. If he's too drunk to drive, he just climbs in and wheels himself home)

Australian rock band AC/DC are known as "The Thunder from Down Under" and are the pride and joy of Australia, but only one of the current five members, and another one of the five most recent ex-members, are native Australians. All the rest were born in the UK. Other previous members include an Italian immigrant and a native American (not a Native American).

Robert Lincoln once fell onto the railroad tracks and into the path of an arriving train after being jostled on the crowded platform. A quick-acting man reached down and pulled him to safety. That Good Samaritan was Edwin Booth, brother of John Wilkes Booth, assassin of Robert's father, Abraham.

A gallon of fresh water weighs 8.34 pounds. A gallon of seawater weighs approximately 8.53 pounds. A gallon of honey weighs about 12 pounds, and tastes much better than plain water or seawater. (Fermented to make mead, it tastes even better.)

Honey makes a good preservative and antibacterial agent for treating cuts because the sugar in it draws the water out of any microorganism it contacts, killing it.

Teak would be a bad choice for most boats. Unless it is a large boat where you'd use it in trim and decking, teak doesn't float. When It is harvested they float it down river on balsa rafts!! :o

Teak would float wonderfully on honey.

(And I gleaned that tidbit from reading this whole thread).

Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton were all born within a fourteen month time span in close proximity to London, England.

At one time Eric Clapton lived in Columbus Ohio, and Peter Frampton lived in Cincinnati.

As far as I know, Eric Clapton still owns a home in Columbus, or just outside. His current wife is from Columbus as I recall.

Joe Walsh also lived in Columbus growing up.

As far as I know, Eric Clapton still owns a home in Columbus, or just outside. His current wife is from Columbus as I recall.

Joe Walsh also lived in Columbus growing up.

I thought I saw someplace that Clapton's house was for sale. I didn't know if he still lived there. I also didn't know that about Joe Walsh. But I do know Joe is a licensed ham radio operator and collects old radios.

I thought I saw someplace that Clapton's house was for sale. I didn't know if he still lived there. I also didn't know that about Joe Walsh. But I do know Joe is a licensed ham radio operator and collects old radios.

I found out about Joe Walsh when he was being interviewed by QFM96 (a rock radio station) in Columbus. As I recall, he only lived in Columbus for a few years.

Also, Jimmy Page got his "No. 1" Sunburst Les Paul from Joe Walsh.

An actress named "Haji" appeared in Russ Meyer movies. When not in front of the camera she did makeup on the other actors and actresses.

When doing makeup she wore tennis shoes. .. . .

( nothing else . . . just tennis shoes.)

I know y'all know that New York is called the Big Apple, Las Vegas is called Sin City, Nawlins is called the Big easy. Did you know that Sacramento is sometimes called the Big Tomato (AKA Sacratomato).

Look here for more fun city nicknames. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_city_nicknames_in_California

Wikipedia also has a list of US city nicknames; but I couldn't open it.

Regards,

Allie

Polar bears are black.

their hair is clear ( and the hairs are hollow ).

They only appear white . . . . . the sunlight goes thru the clear hairs and is absorbed by the black skin to warm them. The hollow hairs make better insulation than hairs that are not hollow.

The V8 engine in a top fuel dragster makes approximately 10,000 horsepower. That means one of it's cylinders produces almost double the horsepower of an entire NASCAR V8 engine.

Archived