SASS Wire Forum

I finally decided to watch Red Tails

Utah Bob #35998

I thought I could stand watching it without being critical, numerous mistakes, etc. The final straw, when the scene were the B17 dropping the bombs, has the pilot push the #4 Mixture lever all the way up. Like they needed to somehow indicated this dropped the bombs from a plane. Most mistake riddled flick I ever saw. MT

I fund out the screenwriter primarily wrote comic books. That explains a lot. The director either had no technical advisors or ignored them, and had never read a history book. A great story given a very incompetent presentation. Worst Lucasfilm production ever.

I fund out the screenwriter primarily wrote comic books. That explains a lot. The director either had no technical advisors or ignored them, and had never read a history book. A great story given a very incompetent presentation. Worst Lucasfilm production ever.

From what I read on the technical advisors, there were some, the advise and corrections were ignored. MT

Read Yeagers book , he has an opinion on them

Which one...?

Book, that is...

Not by a longshot.

"Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace"

My Dad was shot down in a P-47. I have the utmost respect for a fighter pilot.

The film may be flawed, but those guys put their butts on the line, every time they took off.

:FlagAm:

Knarley

My Dad was shot down in a P-47. I have the utmost respect for a fighter pilot.

The film may be flawed, but those guys put their butts on the line, every time they took off.

:FlagAm:

Knarley

Nobody is arguing that. We're saying that this particular film does not do a competent job of telling the story. Ridden with cliches, terrible dialog and directing.

Flying Leathernecks. Now there was a movie!

12 O'clock High! Now there was a movie!

Memphis Belle. Not bad either.

The Hunters.

Flying Tigers.

The Bridges at Toko Ri

The Dam Busters

Tora Tora Tora

Air Force

Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo

633 Squadron

Just sayin

Bad film, about GREAT Americans :excl::FlagAm:

LG

That pretty much sums it up.

I've heard rumors that there is going to be a new military film detailing the military and leadership experience of the current POTUS....wonder who the liars....er I mean technical advisers for that movie will be?

Still better than the most recent Lone Ranger "film"

Depends. I had no high expectations for that one, so there was no disappointment.

I've heard rumors that there is going to be a new military film detailing the military and leadership experience of the current POTUS....wonder who the liars....er I mean technical advisers for that movie will be?

:wacko:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Holly weird can really mess up a good story :blush:

that sums it up too! Dint bother with this one but like the others on UB's list

It should be a very short story!

You shouldn't listen to rumors started by Pelosi. :rolleyes:

Archived