SASS Wire Forum

Jeepers - I must be sooooo insensitive....

But I just don't get the problem here... :huh:

Did Steve Martin Tweet a Racist Joke?

Huh! What if he'd been asked about Lutefisk...? :)

Steve Martin found himself in hot water when he tweeted a post that some followers viewed offensive.

According to TMZ the 68-year-old comedian was having fun with grammar jokes on Twitter when a follower asked him, "is this how you spell lasonia?"

"The Father of the Bride," actor responded, "It depends. Are you in an African-American restaurant or at an Italian restaurant."

Seconds later he deleted the tweet and apologized but alas it was too late. The original tweet had already gone viral and Martin once again asked for forgiveness. "I did apologize. But again, a second later I realized what an offensive thing I'd done ... In retrospect, bad joke."

Well, some nobody who was an ad exec was on the news today for being fired, for doing nearly the same thing. As was noted on the news, .. with tweets or fb, you can ruin your career instantly, world wide, with just one tweet. And, as far as SM goes, idk, I never did like his form of humor.

What ever happened to "Sticks & stones will break your bones but words will never hurt you"?

I know a guy named Lasonie, so this strikes me as very funny! Nothing offensive about it at all, even if I didnt know him. The whole world today is too sensitive to the point that they need to lather up with ointment before they even leave the house! But considering that NO ONE should ever find that joke to be offensive, I wonder just how dumb the world is getting to be offended by that.

This is happening because the government gives/recognizes small specialty groups who then think they can censor whom every they please and the government/media will back them up.

PC = Political Correctness = People Control = B*** S***!

We have now entered the 1930's with high tech . . . in the USA.

We have become Europe. More to come. . . .unfortunately.

Guest Maker-Wright

Maybe the only thing that's offensive is that Mr. Martin felt he needed to apologize at all... Makes me wonder if it would've been that big a deal if he'd have just let it go and not apologized... Do ya 'spose it's kinda like how a little kid with a skinned knee will often cry louder when you give them attention?

"Prince Ruprecht" in; Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, my favorite Steve Martin role... "Why is the cork on the fork?"

Whats this country coming to? Maybe the PC people will ban all words and use sign language!!! OH wait that wont work either.

A few years ago, (well maybe more than a few) a Judge told me I couldnt arrest someone for giving me the finger as it was covered under freedom of ecpression!!

Regarding what that judge told me... there was always something I could give them a traffic citation for... :D

Wait a minute here folks. We are feeding the issue. Just ignore the PC crowd. They are insignificant.

We are a free people. If we chain ourselves to their ideology we are doomed to slavery.

Say what you will. If others are offended, well, that is their problem. Tell them to put on their big people pants and get over it.

Oh yeah, and bye the way...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

:D

Wait a minute here folks. We are feeding the issue. Just ignore the PC crowd. They are insignificant.

We are a free people. If we chain ourselves to their ideology we are doomed to slavery.

Say what you will. If others are offended, well, that is their problem. Tell them to put on their big people pants and get over it.

Oh yeah, and bye the way...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

:D

I'm offended by that!

NOT.

Merry Christmas to all.

So how does one describe Santa with out using "colors"?

Lets see,

His suit is ###,

His belt is #####

His beard is white, ( I can say that 'cuz I am)

and some of the presents are ######.

Tell that to the cops when describing the guy who slid down yer chiminey

:blink:

What ever happened to "Sticks & stones will break your bones but words will never hurt you"?

It's now become "Sticks & stones will break your bones but words will net me a fortune when I sue your racist bigoted ass!"

Archived