SASS Wire Forum

Just looked out the door

Utah Bob #35998

13°. Just looked out the door. Snow seems to have stopped...maybe. Can't tell how much came down. I think I'll just go back to bed. It would be nice to see the sun today.

YEEE HAAAAAW

it be a heat wave , got 23* right now , chance of snow and Freezing rain :o

Buddy , (the wonder mutt) , looked out the door and went back to bed :lol:

critter is smarter than I am

CB :unsure:

How did you get 23? I've only got 17. No more snow in forecast. 8" or so of ski powder.

A friend of ours called yesterday to tell Buick he has an extra ticket for today's Donkeys game....for some strange reason Buick turned down the offer....sumthin' about single digit temps..... :wacko:

15 here this am Bob. Sittin here drinking my coffee (with a small amount of Baileys dontcha no). Probably 4 or 5" of the white stuff now and not much sun at all yesterday.

Just got an email from Boston Annie from Yuma about next months annual Territorial Prison shoot and she says the weather was cold yesterday am....40 and was up to 65. Damnation...can't wait to get down there and do a little shootin in that heat wave. Me and Awful Ernie were the only ones to show up at last Sundays shoot, Saturday was a bust too. Freezing fog and could barely see the targets. Least I didn't have to clean the guns.

- - - "looked out the door" - - - :huh:

. . . . . . . Ya did ? :o

That can be a dangerous thing'r to do. Did you hav a gun in your hand ? There might have been a grizzly bear out there . . . or a pack of wolves . . . or a slew of bandids . . . . gotta be careful aboot these things. ;)

All of the trees are sagging to the ground from the weight of the ice clinging to them. 28 degrees and some folks are without power, including Hatfield.

If the power holds out long enough to fix breakfast, I think I'll go to town and do a little shopping. I gots to get a new battery for my watch.

If the power goes out I'll go to town for breakfast!!

We've got about 8 inches on the ground. More expected through the day. The temperature is hovering around 10 degrees. Supposed to get below zero tonight. I've got heaters in all the water troughs to keep them from freezing, plenty of hay in the barn, a full woodshed, and a fire going in the stove. I guess it's time to sit in the ol' rocker by the stove with a good book and watch the snow pile up outside the window.

15 here this am Bob. Sittin here drinking my coffee (with a small amount of Baileys dontcha no). Probably 4 or 5" of the white stuff now and not much sun at all yesterday.

Just got an email from Boston Annie from Yuma about next months annual Territorial Prison shoot and she says the weather was cold yesterday am....40 and was up to 65. Damnation...can't wait to get down there and do a little shootin in that heat wave. Me and Awful Ernie were the only ones to show up at last Sundays shoot, Saturday was a bust too. Freezing fog and could barely see the targets. Least I didn't have to clean the guns.

Not a good BP day for sure. I was getting tires on Saturday. I figured tha fog would lift by Sunday and I'd go shoot. But you could hardly see down to the shed from the house by Sunday and I wasn't about to get out on Satan's highway for 35 miles. Maybe global warming will set in for next month's shoot. :rolleyes:

Not a good BP day for sure. I was getting tires on Saturday. I figured tha fog would lift by Sunday and I'd go shoot. But you could hardly see down to the shed from the house by Sunday and I wasn't about to get out on Satan's highway for 35 miles. Maybe global warming will set in for next month's shoot. :rolleyes:

Isn't this unusual cold and snow caused by global warming?

Isn't this unusual cold and snow caused by global warming?

Oh yeah, I forgot. Everything bad is caused by global warming. :rolleyes:

Could be worse UB....ya could be in Philly right now..... :blink:

I just got back in from plowing and turned the game on. Wow! You can stay fairly warm while you're playing. But to sit in the stands and watch. Now you know what Fan is short for. Oy!

That global warming stuff moves around, apparently. None in Missouri or Washington, DC today, but at least a team from Missouri has found someone they can beat! <_<

All of the trees are sagging to the ground from the weight of the ice clinging to them. 28 degrees and some folks are without power, including Hatfield.

If the power holds out long enough to fix breakfast, I think I'll go to town and do a little shopping. I gots to get a new battery for my watch.

If the power goes out I'll go to town for breakfast!!

Electricity is hand stuff . . . . but I sure would not like to be dependent upon it. Not to be trusted. Propane stove . . . . wood stove for heat. A generator for necessary electric power during extended electrical outages. Self seficiency.

Too many cold winter bivouacs in Germany. I don't care to see another snowflake in my life. Except pictures of course. Utah Bob's pictures are pretty but they don't make my ears, nose, hands, or feet hurt.

A Birdgun Quail axiom:

Hot weather can be real uncomfortable.

Cold weather can hurt!

Archived