SASS Wire Forum

OT Ruger SR762 Anybody get one? Hands on evaluation?

Fireball #7709 Life

Curious if any cowboy's have picked one up and what your personal, "hands on" opinion is? Also curious about actual street prices and if anybodies seen one in a gun shop...so far not around here. I like the idea behind reasonably priced, "non-proprietary" mags, that was one thing that always irked me about my Armalites..

Oh, and I've read the online reviews and know where Gunbroker is...thanks.

Saw one in a store here, looked quite nice. They're not giving the away though at $1999.00. Everything looked well done but the stock looked rather...shall I say, cheap! I'd rather have the Ruger Scout bolt gun with the magazine. There is something for everyone, just got to love that.

Saw 2 of them at a gun show in Camp Verde a week ago. One for $1650 & one for $1550.

$1550 is getting down towards a 'somewhat' reasonable price.

If I ever see one around $1200, it'll be mine. I've got plenty of time to wait.

I got two of these rifles in about 5 weeks ago. Sold them both as they were being delivered. The customer and I took his back to my 100 yard berm. The gun is not as large as the DPM's and Armalites. More of a AR-15 size. It has a little more kick than the others but was accurate and worked great!. I do have my questions about durability because of it's size but only time will tell............Luther

I work at a gun shop one just came in. so i was going to by it when look at the gas system found out the gas rod was not working some one at ruger put the extend rod in backwards and jam thr gun os the sing shot is on its way back to ruger !!!!!!!!

That's what I was interested to hear KingSnake, street prices. $1550 new seems pretty reasonable compared to the list price. This area needs some good gun shows. :(

The size is one of the other things that is attracting me to it Luther Justice. Even the non "T" armalites are quite heavy. And Sigs 716 weighs in close to a pound more. Ruger stuff is usually built like a tank, so this is an interesting twist.

I got it I shot it I love it!! Mine is flawless. I'm not sure what someone means about them looking cheap because to me the look and feel is way above the average AR platform gun. It is a tack driver too! Recoil was not horrible at all in fact it was a pleasure to shoot. Pricing on these guns are very reasonable for a piston gun and all you get with it. I am quite pleased. Expect to pay in the upper $1,700 range out the door. I ended up with a good deal on this one as it came from people I deal with all the time. I payed $1,539 plus tax. Now I have both the Ruger 556 and the 762 I'm quite pleased with both!!!

Saw one in a store here, looked quite nice. They're not giving the away though at $1999.00. Everything looked well done but the stock looked rather...shall I say, cheap! I'd rather have the Ruger Scout bolt gun with the magazine. There is something for everyone, just got to love that.

On-Topic response:

I like the looks of that new Ruger SR762....BUT since I don;t have one and have another firearm in my sights for purchase I can only dream about it.

Off-Topic response:

I DO have the Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle and LOVE LOVE LOVE it :D Also, these magazines work great in them - holds (10) but staggers them so the mag doesn't protrude as muct as the stock one...http://www.alphaindmfg.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I bought my T&E version after putting 50 or so rounds through it. My plan is to shoot Heavy Metal class in 3-Gun next season. I love this gun...ever more than my Colt 901!

I like the weight; I like the Ruger "stripped" fore end better than the railed Colt " monolithic" upper. I think the Ruger piston system shoots "soft" -- yes, a .308's going to hit you, but the Colt has less subjective recoil than my FAL, and the Ruger has less subjective recoil than the Colt. The softest shooting .308 battle rifle I've ever shot is the SCAR Heavy, but MAN it is expensive! I'll be doing the accuracy testing over the winter...I've been shooting 147-gr Winchester ball, but my competition load is Federal 168-gr match

Of course I'm changing stuff...have replaced the sucky Ruger trigger with Giselle 3-Gun trigger, which is one of mt favorites. I'm considering going to a MagPul PRS stock and JP Captured Spring system. Plus a muzzle brake rather than the supplied flash hider.

Hope this helps!

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

Archived