SASS Wire Forum

What the heck was wrong with that?

Clay Mosby

Can someone please explain what was wrong with an FYI post about what that idiot Napolitano was proposing regarding illegals and UC?

I posted it as an fyi and yet when I checked a couple hours later, POOF! it was gone. No warning, no notice of "this is why" or "you really shouldn't" just an arbitrary deletion.

Silly me, I thought the saloon was our forum for discussing non-shooting topics.

What was I thinking?

Can someone please explain what was wrong with an FYI post about what that idiot Napolitano was proposing regarding illegals and UC?

I posted it as an fyi and yet when I checked a couple hours later, POOF! it was gone. No warning, no notice of "this is why" or "you really shouldn't" just an arbitrary deletion.

Silly me, I thought the saloon was our forum for discussing non-shooting topics.

What was I thinking?

Basically Allie said it. There was a time when a political cartoon or even info was posted..and that was fine..BUT as human nature has it the post spurred political DISCUSSION... which is frowned upon. Now no political posting can happen and all 2nd Amendment posts must be put on the SASS TEAM Wire. Took me awhile to learn too...:)

GG

Ya know Allie, I tried to find the guidelines a few days ago, after about 10 screens or so I found them mentioned a couple times, but nothing I could point at and say There they are!

Everything I post has a political life? Really? "You know you're getting old when...." was a political post?

"Get it now?" Well, that was a classy reply.

Tell me, where's the Allie Mo I used to know, and what have you done with her?

Basically Allie said it. There was a time when a political cartoon or even info was posted..and that was fine..BUT as human nature has it the post spurred political DISCUSSION... which is frowned upon. Now no political posting can happen and all 2nd Amendment must be put on the SASS Wire. Took me awhile to learn too... :)

GG

Thank you for explaining, GG.

My take on this is that folks are so irate over the current administration that anything with any political connotation tends to get abusive. The last post on Clay's thread was, "She's a commie pinko liberal!!!"

Regards,

Allie Mo

Ya know Allie, I tried to find the guidelines a few days ago, after about 10 screens or so I found them mentioned a couple times, but nothing I could point at and say There they are!

Everything I post has a political life? Really? "You know you're getting old when...." was a political post?

"Get it now?" Well, that was a classy reply.

Tell me, where's the Allie Mo I used to know, and what have you done with her?

That last sentence is WAY out of line and plain RUDE! <_<

LG

So there they are. Tell me, is there any way the webmasters could have made that mess any harder to read? I don't think so. I had to get out a straight edge to keep from skipping sentences.

I never saw any of the replies to my thread, but I'm responsible for other folks?

OK, I think I have it. Posts about rainbows, sunsets, old age and incontinence are good. Anything else, bad. Kum-bye-yah and goodnight.

"Can't we all just get along?" , Rodney King.

There are other forums with rants on all types of topics - political being the most popular. I've been a long time member of one forum that has an exclusive, hidden section just for such topics but there are still guidelines to curb profanity or personal attacks, etc. I don't find such discussion of benefit to me as I have already heard the news and have my opinion made up. So I just keep my two cents to myself. Well, most of the time.

Kum-bye-yah and goodnight.

You can add "good bye" while you're at it if you don't like it here.

There are plenty of places on the Internet where folks can hide behind aliases and avatars and rant about things they don't like about government, society, public life, religions, politics, income gap, levels of melanin, and anything else they wish to rant and argue about about.

I come to the Saloon (ACS) to laugh about old age and incontinence, and to enjoy rainbows and sunset.

Allie and the other moderators have my vote of confidence for how they keep the Wire and Saloon (ACS) going forward.

Disagree with this post. We maybe should try to help each other undetstand what is or maybe what isn't allowed to be posted instead of driving them from the Wire.

GG

Hi Gunner, I like your sentiment.

The following is to everyone.

When someone uses sarcasm and rude comments when they could have politely asked a question, folks loose patience with it.

Before posting on any Website, folks are expected to read and follow the Guidelines. You see it everywhere online. You can't find them, ask. If they are hard to read, increase the view on your Window. I do this all of the time when Hubby wants to see something on the Internet.

About notifying folks, if it is in the Guidelines, it should be obvious. Following is a statement from the Guidelines, "SASS reserves the right to remove and delete any malicious, demeaning, instigating or threatening posts without notice." I believe that political subjects turn " malicious, demeaning, instigating" quickly in the current political climate. This was true with the former Political Forum too.

Please don't think we disagree with everything we, Moderators, hide or lock. The problem is that the derogatory comments just add to the Wire's negative reputation. They make us look like "haters."

I had a lovely conversation with a friend yesterday. When I told her I was a Moderator here, she indicated I was :wacko: as she had ugly comments made here about one of her articles in the Chronicle. There was no need to treat her like that. She has a good heart and has done much to promote SASS and provide entertainment at SASS events.

I'd really hoped to help folks enjoy a new, friendlier climate on the Wire. However, it seems that I've just become the "bad guy."

Regards,

Allie Mo

The formatting of the guidelines should be cleaned up. It's like trying to read the fine print on a prescription medicine bottle.

I understand the guidelines, but for some folks and especially newbies, I think SASS would be well served in taking a look at the way the FAQs and other info is presented to make it more reader friendly. And I would also suggest it be in Bold face at the top rather than thye bottom of the page. I understand that this new boilerplate format from Intuit I think, need some fine tuning.

The formatting of the guidelines should be cleaned up. It's like trying to read the fine print on a prescription medicine bottle.

I understand the guidelines, but for some folks and especially newbies, I think SASS would be well served in taking a look at the way the FAQs and other info is presented to make it more reader friendly. And I would also suggest it be in Bold face at the top rather than thye bottom of the page. I understand that this new boilerplate format from Intuit I think, need some fine tuning.

Hi Bobby,

I agree. The following is absolutely not directed at you. It is just an excuse for why I may not jump up in agreement.

As an unpaid volunteer, I'm not going to say "somebody outta" about something like this. I worked with a guy once who was always suggesting work for others, when most of us had twice his workload.

Regards,

Allie

Kum-bye-yah and goodnight.

You can add "good bye" while you're at it if you don't like it here.

There are plenty of places on the Internet where folks can hide behind aliases and avatars and rant about things they don't like about government, society, public life, religions, politics, income gap, levels of melanin, and anything else they wish to rant and argue about about.

I come to the Saloon (ACS) to laugh about old age and incontinence, and to enjoy rainbows and sunset.

Allie and the other moderators have my vote of confidence for how they keep the Wire and Saloon (ACS) going forward.

Fine with me.

Good bye

Just for the record, My name is Dan Snow, I'm a Veteran, a conservative, a hunter, married with wife and grown kids.

Live in Sacramento, passionate about my home state, California, and my country. So I don't believe I'm hiding behind any avatar. I was posting things that I thought other folks might like to know about because I feel we need to keep such things out there so folks don't forget and think things are peachy.

I will never, ever, apologize for being an American, or for speaking out when I thiink those who are supposed to be leading have a bad agenda.

I have learned that this is not the place I should do that, and that's fine. As Lumpy Grits suggested I was willing to let it be and move along. Apparently others were not.

Just seems to me it's something that can be corrected fairly easily.

I'd do it if it was in my power

Fine with me.

Good bye

Just for the record, My name is Dan Snow, I'm a Veteran, a conservative, a hunter, married with wife and grown kids.

Live in Sacramento, passionate about my home state, California, and my country. So I don't believe I'm hiding behind any avatar. I was posting things that I thought other folks might like to know about because I feel we need to keep such things out there so folks don't forget and think things are peachy.

I will never, ever, apologize for being an American, or for speaking out when I thiink those who are supposed to be leading have a bad agenda.

I have learned that this is not the place I should do that, and that's fine. As Lumpy Grits suggested I was willing to let it be and move along. Apparently others were not.

Please reconsider pard on the 'good bye' thing...hope you stay around.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I have stayed out of this thread for many reasons. I totally respect and support everything Clay has written here. There is nothing that can be done when someone misinterprets something written and chooses to take their own spin on it especially when they "think" what has been written appears to not follow the "guidelines". That is the risk of the written word. Many of you folks have known us for years, Allie Mo included. Allie, you have taken this as a personal vendetta and that is really sad. You act as though Clay was "out to get you". Really? Asking questions like "Get it now?" You treat Clay like you have never known him and talk down to him like he is a child. I understand that being a moderator can at times be a thankless job, but when you brush off a friendship over a post on a board such as this and talk down to that person like they are ignorant, that is pathetic.

Like Clay wrote much earlier in this post, "Tell me, where's the Allie Mo we used to know, and what have you done with her?"

I, too, am saying GOODBYE and shaking my head as I go..................my name is Linda Snow and I too will never apologize for what I believe in.

Dear Dan Snow,

I removed my post and apologize for letting my own emotions get the best of me.

I too am a veteran, a politically passionate moderate, an outdoorsman who doesn't hunt much any more, and also happily married with four grown kids. One is an ensign in the US Navy.

I respect your desire to do what is right for our country and to encourage others to stay engaged in the process of moving us forward, or at least to try and stem the tide of reversal that seems to be so prevalent these days. Having read your posts for a while, I know they come from a good heart and a desire to help your fellow citizens.

I'm also active in such activities within my community and a few on-line forums. The Saloon (ACS) is one of the on-line places I go to avoid such activities when I need a break, and sometimes I get wrankled when it gets brought in here too.

Sacramento is a long way from eastern Tennessee, but if we ever cross paths I'd like to buy the first round for you. I have a feeling we are much more alike than different, and I should not let my keyboard get to moving faster than my sense of common decency will allow.

Have yourself a good weekend, as shall I.

Sincerely,

Dan Howett (aka: Charlie Van Bowen Harley)

Dear Dan Snow,

I removed my post and apologize for letting my own emotions get the best of me.

I too am a veteran, a politically passionate moderate, an outdoorsman who doesn't hunt much any more, and also happily married with four grown kids. One is an ensign in the US Navy.

I respect your desire to do what is right for our country and to encourage others to stay engaged in the process of moving us forward, or at least to try and stem the tide of reversal that seems to be so prevalent these days. Having read your posts for a while, I know they come from a good heart and a desire to help your fellow citizens.

I'm also active in such activities within my community and a few on-line forums. The Saloon (ACS) is one of the on-line places I go to avoid such activities when I need a break, and sometimes I get wrankled when it gets brought in here too.

Sacramento is a long way from eastern Tennessee, but if we ever cross paths I'd like to buy the first round for you. I have a feeling we are much more alike than different, and I should not let my keyboard get to moving faster than my sense of common decency will allow.

Have yourself a good weekend, as shall I.

Sincerely,

Dan Howett (aka: Charlie Van Bowen Harley)

Thank you for thinking about this and apologizing to Clay Mosby (Dan Snow).

Cat Brules

Archived