SASS Wire Forum

GRUMP! Still don't know if I have to go into work today!

Subdeacon Joe

Work has been slow for a week. Friday we were told that there MIGHT be parts to work on today. The company that makes the parts we work on is being slow in getting them to us. So........GRUMBLE! GRUMP-GRUMP!

I DESPISE having to wait like this. Half the day gone! Burnin' daylight! Can't plan on what to do until I know if or when I go to work!

(calm down, Joe...have a 4th cup of coffee)

Got a call about 4 p.m. yesterday, do have work today. AND
"I tried to call you at 9:30, but your phone doesn't take messages. We had work today."

"Um...yes, it does take messages. Can you try calling me back to check?"

I let the phone ring and take the message "I guess I misdialed, that's a different message."

GRUMP!

But, I should have given in to my gut feeling and called about 10 yesterday morning.

Daughter was told yesterday not to come in to work (Federal employee) until she is notified

If it wasn't for her and son-in-law I could care less if the Feds ever open our doors again

We were discussing this at lunch today and one of the gals in my office had what we thought was a briliant idea.

1) Stop the paychecks for the politicians. That will start to get their attention.

2) The politicians have to go to jail instead of "home" for every day they don't come to some kind of an agreement. Punish them instead of the employees who won't get paid.

3) Stop acting like spoiled little children and get back to work!!!

There was a lot less traffic today.

We were discussing this at lunch today and one of the gals in my office had what we thought was a briliant idea.

1) Stop the paychecks for the politicians. That will start to get their attention.

2) The politicians have to go to jail instead of "home" for every day they don't come to some kind of an agreement. Punish them instead of the employees who won't get paid.

3) Stop acting like spoiled little children and get back to work!!!

4) Loss of a years pay for every day of the shut down.

5) Ineligible to run for reelection or any other elected office for life.

I find it interesting that around central Texas, one Republican Senator is not taking pay, the other is donating to charity, All the Republican Congressmen are donating to charity. The only Congressman that is taking his pay is the Democrat. Now isnt that special.

Archived