SASS Wire Forum

Redneck history

Utah Bob #35998

Holding your beer since 1886. :D

f8xa.jpg

Oh, c'mon... look at those disco platform heels, the bell bottom cords, the vest and the hair - that pic was taken in the late 60's or early 70's and he was running away from a hallucination.

Oh, c'mon... look at those disco platform heels, the bell bottom cords, the vest and the hair - that pic was taken in the late 60's or early 70's and he was running away from a hallucination.

Peyote, the acid of the Old West. ;)

The point isn't that the gap is eminently jumpable..it is the consequences of failing!

It's like the old experiment with a narrow beam... when it is placed on the ground just about everyone can succesfully walk along it without any problems... put it twenty feet up and that all changes!

If you use his body as a measure, that gap is only about 6 or 7 feet at the most. Even an out of shape, fat old fart like me could make it.

An old phart like you should be smart enough not to try.

;)

Bob, you crack me up. Acutally, that is a picture of Stand Rock near Wisconsin Dells, WI. It is pretty famous around these parts. There is a more recent but still old picture of a German Shepard jumping across the gap. It is a neat formation by the Wisconsin River. I think it is a sacred place by the ancient indians.

Hold my beer. Too funny. Hey, y'all watch this.

That's not a rock. That's a petrified prehistoric cave shark. See that nice pointy shark nose and that half-open mouth fulla white teeth.

Looks like the trees have grown a bit since '86. :)

It's funny how the term "redneck" has changed meaning. When I was a kid, a redneck wad a country boy who had a well tanned neck due to driving a tractor all day while wearing a ball cap. (no tractor cab in those days!) then Foxworthy made it an idiot country boy. Now it seems it's a racist KKK type.

Who could forget the great Johnny Russell song "Redneck, White Socks and Blue Ribbon Beer"!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived