SASS Wire Forum

It's my birthday

A day late and a..................

Well; you get the idea.

Happy Birthday, Forty Rod!

Only those who choose to be offended will have issues with your 110 truths.

If Ben Franklin thought it worth while to write down his truths; all of us should do so .

To quote a person that I highly respect: " I don't care what you believe as long as you know why you believe it".

Okay, you convinced me.

You gonna wear the Tights and Cape to the next Grumpy Lunch Bunch Forty Rod? I'm bringing a Camera for this'n. I'll make ya famous. Just sayin'

Jake

No Bennies that I know of. The girl acolytes are all transgender so, noooo no I don't see any Benefits.

Pay is pretty much over too. But you don't get to act like a cassock but you get to wear a cassock.

So, is there an up side to this? Maybe I'll just form my own group, give better service and lower prices and in a few years I'll take you over in a leveraged buyout. Then I'll hire you back as an executive consultant and make you a VP in charge of Ugly and we can corner the market until the Chinese get involved .

I hope I did, too.

Oh,wait! I did. I had a wonderful day on Friday and another yesterday.

Me and Ma went out on Friday to a Mexican place that makes great food...if you have the time to wait whilst they make it...and if you don't mind eating in a phone booth size dining room. Then we went and bought me a new shirt and some new dress boots because mine finally gave up the ghost while I was putting them on. Side seam came apart form the ankle to an inch or so from the top. Also got a new winter coat. Now that the temps are in the high 80s-low 90s I'll save it for next winter.

Daughter and son-in-law came yesterday (He retired from the Marine Corps in September and can't handle idleness, so he's working week days again.) and we went to get fish and chips at the Black Watch Pub. Came home and ate apple pie and watched a movie on the DVD gizmo. They gave me a new Rod Stewart CD and (for you fans of Top Gear) a book written by the original Stig. Looks like a good read.

I'll bring a camera with me to the "OLD SHIP" for the next Grumpy Lunch Bunch" I'll post them after and see if Forty Rod wears tights and cape.

Jake

Well said!

The older I get the more excited I get at "stepping outside my comfort zone"....and the less I worry about what others might think about it.

....eating Rocky Road Ice Cream and calling it supper, shooting guns, dressing like a saloon girl, or wearing purple chinks ...just to name a few

Cheers!

A belated happy birthday 4T!! I too find myself becoming more intolerant of rudeness and stupidity. I also am less impressed with office and position. My recent response to those who are impressed with their own accomplishments is, "Walk on the moon, or maybe water. Then I'll be impressed." and I find myself more enthralled with simple elegance in things.

May you have as many more birthdays as you can wish for and may I be here to congratulate you on each of them.

Keep on keeping on, my friend!!

So I'm a-wonderin' if ya had a birthday cake! And if ya did, was it big enough for all the candles...? Were there a BUNCH o' candles? or maybe one big one...? Mebbe a highway flare...? :) :)

Like I said, if you're offering enough...but you ain't.

OK, I'll let you use the Sharps Derringer for 8 weeks. Wear Tights and a Cape for the Pictures, then change to regular duds for chowing down.

Jake

So I'm a-wonderin' if ya had a birthday cake! And if ya did, was it big enough for all the candles...? Were there a BUNCH o' candles? or maybe one big one...? Mebbe a highway flare...? :) :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I saw a group of those German dancers, an umpa band, and lots of German employees at a rooftop nightclub in Hiroshima in 1974. My conversational English class took the instructors up there and I can't remember ever having so much fun.

40... you know where I come down on this conversation,.,, I would have thought you were writing this about me... 8-) At any rate, Happy Birthday my good friend... I wish you only the best on this side of the sod... I miss our conversations... You take care... and remember... If you need me, I'm only a phone call away...

Vaya con Dios

Flint

Amigo... I'm sorry I'm late fore some congratulations for your time around ol' sol.... I've talked to you many times on the phone and I know that much of what you believe in and say is pretty much what would come out of my mouth as well... I wish you and Shawna the best... may you have many, many more...

Vaya con Dios

Archived