SASS Wire Forum

Newest Grandbaby

Bama Red

Didn't want to horn in on anyone else's thread, but we are very blessed this Christmas, and I just had to share it with you folks!

Our youngest and her husband have wanted to be foster parents for some time, so earlier this year, they took a state sponsored class thru their church and in July, started fostering Braxton. His father signed away parental rights as soon as he could get his hands on the paperwork, and has shown no further interest or contact in almost five months. His mother is a drug-using prostitute who cannot hold even a minimum wage fast food job (and doesn't show any interest in doing so), and has zero parenting skills and an anger management problem. The mother's father (the boy's grandfather) is a registered sex offender. Two weeks ago the mother called our daughter and said she realized that she could never be a proper parent and was signing over her parental rights as well. Her ten day cooling off period was over the 20th, and the kids only have to wait one more month before they can officially adopt Braxton!

Here's a pic of Mother and soon-to-be son!

Mother and Son

CONGRATS ARE IN ORDER BAMA !

Da poor kid wouldn't stand a chance if yur daughter hadn't stepped in to help him.....

Good on dim both !

You're right about that, Grizz! I've been swinging back and forth between immeasurable joy for him, my daughter and her husband, and their two girls and absolute despair over the situation he was in for a year (he's eighteen months old). Sometimes I don't even know if my tears are of joy or sadness. Given a choice, I've decided to come down on the side of joy!!!

When y'all have time today, I'd be most grateful if you could say a quick prayer for a babe who has been given the greatest gift of all - the chance to start life all over.

An especially Merry Christmas to each and every one of you!

You're right about that, Grizz! I've been swinging back and forth between immeasurable joy for him, my daughter and her husband, and their two girls and absolute despair over the situation he was in for a year (he's eighteen months old). Sometimes I don't even know if my tears are of joy or sadness. Given a choice, I've decided to come down on the side of joy!!!

When y'all have time today, I'd be most grateful if you could say a quick prayer for a babe who has been given the greatest gift of all - the chance to start life all over.

An especially Merry Christmas to each and every one of you!

Consider the talkin' wif my Lord done Bama !

Merry Christmas to you and yurs !

Congrats Bama Red, he's adorable! Your daughter and son-in-law must be very special people to have opened their hearts and home like that, not everybody could (or should). I'm glad things worked out for them. You should be proud of your little girl Bama, she done good! And I hope you enjoy your time with your new grandson.

Buick's best friend is this guy named Terry, they've known each other almost all their lives, and refer to each other as brother. I've always called him my brother-in-law, and my kids were actually shocked when they found out their "Uncle" Terry wasn't really their uncle. Well, anyway, Terry and his wife Karri did the same thing, they were foster parents for a few years, mostly for short periods of time. Then came along a little girl that needed a real family, so they adopted Julea a couple of years ago. Got a picture of her with the Christmas card, and she's getting big! And she's a cute little bugger too!

May God Bless your daughter and SIL and Braxton the way he's blessed Terry and Karri and Julea. Such families are a very special thing!

Prayers up for the whole family.He has found love.

Bama, I am just speechless. And for Badger, that is something to behold.

Blessings on your family and on your new Grandson. I am thinking that you

should start thinking about what guns, and alias, and maybe even a pony.

Hmmmm, Well, hold off on the pony.

God works in many ways, and I think He has just touched your family.

Thanks for sharing.

A Christmas Miracle.

Thank you and your family.

Now I've got to find out why the monitor is all blurry.

Well done, well done. Now, since your a new Grandpa an all, here are some words of advice. Your daughter would really appreciate it if when you have the tike you let them drink lots of Mountain Dew. It will cut down on the amount of exercise required in a gym. Oh, and DRUMS! Get a set of DRUMS and send it home with them. They will appreciate you advancing their exposure to interesting music!

Bama! You got my e-mail the other day, (or was it a PM?) and you didn't mention this in your reply! Let me now extend the congratulations to you and your family. I didn't know. I just spent the holiday with my grandchildren and there is nothing more joyful and rewarding. Let those tears forever be tears of joy, and know that we share them with you!

Archived