SASS Wire Forum

NEVER FORGET!

Smoken D

I got three buddies who's names are on/in that wall. I miss them a lot !

Got can't get the nerve to visit the one in DC. Just too many feelings to deal with !

Got can't get the nerve to visit the one in DC. Just too many feelings to deal with !

Yep, when I walked by that photo today, I just stopped and still have a few tears. Don't think I could ever visit the "WALL".

Yep, when I walked by that photo today, I just stopped and still have a few tears. Don't think I could ever visit the "WALL".

When I think about the stuff my buddies and I did, damn con fusser screen gets all blurry !

Some where good times..........most where hell !

I know, I got close enough to see it, just couldn,t go any closer.

A few years ago Ellen got to go to DC for a week, had her bring me postcards of it. I would have preferred actual pictures, but it wasn't on the list of places the group she was with was scheduled to go... <_<

A few years ago Ellen got to go to DC for a week, had her bring me postcards of it. I would have preferred actual pictures, but it wasn't on the list of places the group she was with was scheduled to go... <_<

And that's a damned shame.

Yes, but they had a really full schedule as is, and it's got to be time consuming to attempt to herd a couple hundred teenagers anywhere...they didn't get to go to Arlington either, and I would have loved for her to see both places. :FlagAm:

Yes, but they had a really full schedule as is, and it's got to be time consuming to attempt to herd a couple hundred teenagers anywhere...they didn't get to go to Arlington either, and I would have loved for her to see both places. :FlagAm:

That's the problem with teachers these days. Some of them are not old enough to know what Nam was.

Still others that do know, care not to teach it. Or can not because of the school system.

Honoring fallen héros and Nam Vets should be on the top of every teacher's trip to DC no matter how much times it take the teachers to herd the kids.

Yessir - ALWAYS WILL.

GOD has blessed us with THEM....

Thank you Marines, Navy, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard...and all those that supports them.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Well, it wasn't a school trip, no teachers involved. It was a youth leadership conference, and most of the week was taken up with seminars, their only field trips were to the Capital, some media group, and the Smithsonian.

Well, it wasn't a school trip, no teachers involved. It was a youth leadership conference, and most of the week was taken up with seminars, their only field trips were to the Capital, some media group, and the Smithsonian.

I stand corrected Calico......many apologies.

Still, those folks running the show should have included The Wall and Arlington.

I'm just voicing my opinion, that I have fought to protect.

And thank you for voicing you're opinion as well.

I stand corrected Calico......many apologies.

Still, those folks running the show should have included The Wall and Arlington.

I'm just voicing my opinion, that I have fought to protect.

And thank you for voicing you're opinion as well.

No apology necessary. Hey, I think that if they really wanted to show the kids what leadership is, they should have skipped the Capital and the media thing and went to the Wall and Arlington too. That's where our TRUE leaders are!! She did enjoy the Smithsonian though. But we didn't get a choice, and it still was a good experience for her. Maybe one of these days she'll get to go out there again, and can see what she missed before.

No apology necessary. Hey, I think that if they really wanted to show the kids what leadership is, they should have skipped the Capital and the media thing and went to the Wall and Arlington too. That's where our TRUE leaders are!! She did enjoy the Smithsonian though. But we didn't get a choice, and it still was a good experience for her. Maybe one of these days she'll get to go out there again, and can see what she missed before.

I hope so.

But then, I anit got the guts to see The Wall myself.......

Damn computer screen going fuzzy on me again.......... Bottles....fresh bottle of takillya here......need to dull myself .

Put it on my own tab.

No, tomorrow is Veteran's Day, and today is the Marine Corp's birthday, you drink on MY tab tonight!

Semper Fi :FlagAm:

Thank ya kindly Calico !

And my buddies thank ya too !

I've been to The Wall on two occasions and in MHO it is the most moving experience a person from the Vietnam war era could experience. Thank you to all who served.

I've been to The Wall on two occasions and in MHO it is the most moving experience a person from the Vietnam war era could experience. Thank you to all who served.

From one who has.......You are most welcome, Sir.

Hawk...My dad and I talked once about going to see it. We decided to go elsewhere at the time and I now regret not going.

I talked to him the other day about maybe planning a trip there in the near future. If you'd like to come along should we get it planned you are more than welcome. I'd be proud to have ya along.

.......might give dad a call tomorrow and talk more about it with him.

As for me, I will never forget the sacrifices made by those that have been lost and those still fighting for our freedom.

God bless them all with safety and courage just as you've bless us with their protection and honor.

:FlagAm:

~EE Taft~

Funny that pic was posted today, My wife and I went to Sonoma California where they had the traveling wall on display. They also had a Huey and one of those river boats from V N. I took some pics of the Huey, river boat and defiantly pics of the wall. They had a Boy Scout Band there and I must say they were very good. As my Wife and I were standing there listening to the band play, looking at the wall I could see a tear roll down my Wife check so I knew it was time to leave. As we left I stop to take one more pic of the Huey, there was a gentleman a few years older then me of latin decent sitting in the door gunners seat with a mock M 60 for display, having his pic taken. I heard him say to his family/friends it was a lot easier back then. As he walk past me I said in a voice loud enough for him to hear, I simple said THANK YOU, You could see him hesitate for the small little moment, never saying a word then he keep walking. We turn and started walking away my wife said to me I started crying back there when we were looking at the wall. All I could say to my wife was, yes Dear I know.

I was 16 when Viet Nam ended in 1975 and there was never a dought in my mind that I would have gone when I turned 18

:FlagAm:

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

"MORS ANTE INFAMIAM."

GOD BLESS THE USA ! .

THANK YOU ALL !

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

I know, I got close enough to see it, just couldn,t go any closer.

Me too. I'm a bit ashamed I didn't have the courage to go and honor my friends. I had my wife and son(he was 8 at the time) with me and guess I didn't want to break down in front of them. :(

When the traveling wall came to our town it was very moving for me. I could not go near it for the longest time, then getting my courage up I went closer, found the names I was looking for and located them on the wall. At this time I want to thank all that served with me, before me and after me to protect this great country. May God bless and protect us.

Me too. I'm a bit ashamed I didn't have the courage to go and honor my friends. I had my wife and son(he was 8 at the time) with me and guess I didn't want to break down in front of them. :(

To me it's the lack of courage to break down in front of those on the WALL.

Been to The Wall and the travelling Wall as well.

The Wall was an experience that I barely made it thru. I had my wife with me and I visited my friend's name and the name of the Naval aviator whose MIA bracelet I wore and it was time for me to leave. I had to lean on my wife to make it out of there.

One of the most moving experiences of my entire life.

My most heartfelt thanks to all my brother and sister Vets.

Archived