SASS Wire Forum

News from U.S. Open?

Ozarks Monte, SASS #66019

I shoulda' been there, but the doctor said I couldn't go! :angry::angry::angry:

I did hear from Judge 'em All Duncan and he said it was a good match a'goin' on, but it was purty hot weather-wise.

Wish I was there, DANGIT!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Hope everybody has a great time. Thanks to Mose and Bella and the folks at WSRC for putting this one on. The best of the best were all invited, so times should be amazin!!!

Every time I've shot in Sparta there's been wind. Where did it go? It's been HOT and muggy!!

Great stages and lots of fun. Its been great to see so many pards.

Ringer

Every time I've shot in Sparta there's been wind. Where did it go? It's been HOT and muggy!!

Great stages and lots of fun. Its been great to see so many pards.

Ringer

Thanks Ringer,Bet That Made Shootin the Dark Side Really Fun!!

T'is Fri morning,,,,bout 9:40 cst, a small thunderstorm jus past o'er,,,still a bit of thunder, little rain, but then I'm in the camper about 1 1/4 east of the range itself, yes, yesterdey was hot an muggy,,,, I'm on a great posse,,,good workers and excellent spotters.....

we may have to dodge rain latter today too....hopefully we'll get done before it rains hard...

Yesterday just after the range closed we had high winds and a gully warsher come thru, dint last long tho,,,,here comes a lil more rain,,,,hmmm the Good Lord may be making fools of the weatherman agin <_<

it's nice having wi fi in the campground..... :)

later,

Cheyenne B)

T'is Fri morning,,,,bout 9:40 cst, a small thunderstorm jus past o'er,,,still a bit of thunder, little rain, but then I'm in the camper about 1 1/4 east of the range itself, yes, yesterdey was hot an muggy,,,, I'm on a great posse,,,good workers and excellent spotters.....

we may have to dodge rain latter today too....hopefully we'll get done before it rains hard...

Yesterday just after the range closed we had high winds and a gully warsher come thru, dint last long tho,,,,here comes a lil more rain,,,,hmmm the Good Lord may be making fools of the weatherman agin dry.gif

it's nice having wi fi in the campground..... :)

later,

Cheyenne B)

Thanks For The Update Cheyenne Culpepper,Yes It Is Nice To have WI-FI.. Welll Keep Your Powder Dry And May All Your Shootin Be Fun And No Misses. Thanks For The Update. OM

My impression after one day of main match is: FANTIATIC!!!

Targets are all close but, extremely good mix of size. Scenarios give shooters a TON of latitude. Guns in any order on some stages, targets in any order as long as they get hit the correct number of times on other stages, shoot from whatever location works best for you, movement from right to left OR left to right. It's absolutely fair for every shooter in every category. And as good as the shooting is, the hospitality is even better. WONDERFUL match so far.

My impression after one day of main match is: FANTIATIC!!!

Targets are all close but, extremely good mix of size. Scenarios give shooters a TON of latitude. Guns in any order on some stages, targets in any order as long as they get hit the correct number of times on other stages, shoot from whatever location works best for you, movement from right to left OR left to right. It's absolutely fair for every shooter in every category. And as good as the shooting is, the hospitality is even better. WONDERFUL match so far.

Sounds Like Almost As Easy As Shooting Fish In a Barrel!! hehehe. Sounds Fun,Thanks For the Report Slim. OM

Unless the base pin backs out of one of your pistols on the very first stage = 55 second stage. :(

Rest of the stages went MUCH better. ;)

Arrrrrrggg,Sounds Like The Gremlins Got Ya. But That Beats Having Your Magazine Spring Launch Downrange On The First Shot!!:angry:

OM, it'd be better if you were here!

As always it's great to see folks you haven't seen in a while and it's great to meet some new folks, some that you already "know" from the Wire. For example, We met Philly Slim and Sour Kraut all the way from Nevader, uh, Nevada. :) I had the opportunity to see Wolf Wind Walker, but he was busy teaching us how to use them new fangled score recording devices. I hope to actually meet him later. I still haven't been able to track down John Barleycorn or my-brother-from-another-mother-what-I-ain't-ever-met, John E. Law. I need to check out the shooter's list and see who else I need to track.

I almost forgot, the shootin's good too!

Deacon ,Watch Them Vendors,They Will take Your Money!!

Buck,Sounds like a family Reunion. There Are About a Half Dozen Cowboys And Cowgirls From This part of the Woods Running Loose Up There. Cooler Weather Is Just Getting Here In The Form Of Thunder Bangers. Sure Hope Ya Did Well And Say hey to Sugah For Me..OM

Unless the base pin backs out of one of your pistols on the very first stage = 55 second stage. :(

Rest of the stages went MUCH better. ;)

That's why they sell stronger springs!

The worst of the weather seems to have gone north of us, wild looking clouds north...we got heavy rain, but it came after we were up at the club house....

much cooler tonite,,,

A very good mixture of targets, orders and all! Targets may seem close to some, but no 4 yarders yet, thou I haven't shot the barn burner stages yet,,,you do have to think a bit,,,but it's not a 2-1-2, match either....I rank The Last Stand 2012 as the best match I've ever shot,,,this is coming in as one of the tops also...

I only wish this was closer to home....

I haven't seen Philly Slim, Noz, but iwl kepe lukin...

cheyenne :)

For those of you looking for more goings on, here is a link to the scores after the second day of shooting. Thanks to the new ACES electronic scoring system we are using the scores are available to you before they are posted at the shoot. This scoring system is really cool. :D

https://acesscoring.com/scores/match/B74F0B1A-C8E6-4B89-828F-CBA413ADDF21

Everything is running smoothly and the weather is beautiful. Sunny and 75. Sure wish you all could be here.

Bella :FlagAm:

Thanks To All. Sounds Like All Is Well in Sparta. Just back From The Arkansas Lead Slingers Monthly Match. We Had 14 Shooters Left After The Posse Went North to US Open. But We Had a Wondermus Day To Shoot. Sunny,70 Degrees And a Light Breeze All day.. Be looking Forward To results. Which I See Mose Has Posted A Link To. Happy Trails...OM :FlagAm:

For those of you looking for more goings on, here is a link to the scores after the second day of shooting. Thanks to the new ACES electronic scoring system we are using the scores are available to you before they are posted at the shoot. This scoring system is really cool. :D

https://acesscoring.com/scores/match/B74F0B1A-C8E6-4B89-828F-CBA413ADDF21

Everything is running smoothly and the weather is beautiful. Sunny and 75. Sure wish you all could be here.

Bella :FlagAm:

I'm only seeing the first day of scores there. Am I doing something wrong??

Howdy everyone,

Seems that I misplaced my Camera n camera bag at the range on Saturday.

It is a Red Kodak camera and leather bag with round Indian beading on the front.

I really miss that camera, it had some great shots of friends on it.

Please let me know if it turns up, and I'll buy ya a Beer r 2 r 6

Thanks,

Alamo Kid

I understand that Copperhead Joe has found the aforementioned Camera n bag.

Please contact me at ALAMOKID43@AOL.COM or give it to Mose r Bella

Thanks in advance

It means a lot to me......

It was a great shoot, fun target orders, some different sizes then we see at some big matches. As Mose kept saying this was a championship some things should be different.

Posse 27 rocked, one of the best posses I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Thanks to everyone who made being PM easy.

Mose and Bella, you all out did yourselves again. I think you should have a new saying for your events...Go Big or Go Home.

Many thanks to TN Tombstone who was by far the best Posse Marshal at the Open. After shooting one of the hot days he bought the whole posse ice cream. :) It almost brought me back to my Little League days. ;)

Tab, can you think back that fore?

Archived