SASS Wire Forum

Is it just me, or...

are there other people growing tired of all this 'Sky is Falling' crap? It seems every time you tune in the news, political stations,Conservative websites, etc. our Nation is going to crumble within the next few hours.

Now, I'm not one to bury my head in the sand about issues that affect this great country of ours, but jeesh - this is getting a little tedious - don'tcha think?

are there other people growing tired of all this 'Sky is Falling' crap? It seems every time you tune in the news, political stations,Conservative websites, etc. our Nation is going to crumble within the next few hours.

Now, I'm not one to bury my head in the sand about issues that affect this great country of ours, but jeesh - this is getting a little tedious - don'tcha think?

GREAT POINT! I can't tell you the number of times I heard that 1) The country is gonna fall apart. 2) there's gonna be a revolution with blood in the streets. 3) The whole entire power grid is gonna fail and there will be total chaos. 4) The zombies are real and they'll be here soon! etc. etc. etc.................groooaaan

Gimme a break!

Rye

And don't forget about the boogy man in the closet and monsters under the bed. LOL

When I was a kid, we got 30 minutes of local news and 30 minutes of national news from one of the big 3 networks. Now we have about a dozen news channels reporting 24 hours a day. Without a disaster or controversy, there would be nothing to talk about.

I find that after a while, I get numb to it.

...and you should see those liberal websites that blame the conservatives for all the oppression, calamity, and global warming :lol:

Basically - it's been the same since the beginning of time I reckon....

Get used to it - it ain't ever going away :rolleyes:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

The whole political arena is a joke-----but I'm still concerned about the zombies.

I don't believe the world will crumble, nor do I hear the "nation will crumble within the hours". But looking at how our youngster are, and whats being taught in government school, many who maybe future leaders. It may make you think. How standards are lowered, and what is being taught, and by who. Its not hours, rather how many decades.

Seems that during the 60s, things changed, and its not nor ever will be the same, carefree, self-reliance and independent people we once were. More So on government support, and acceptance of their rulings, and handouts. Everyone, from poor to rich, had a budget to live off, even the goverment. Now?

I remember our first trip to Germany, Tiegel airport in Berlin, Russian soldier walking around with machine guns, being bodily searched, as our luggage. Passports constantly being asked for and checked. Then saying to myself, this isn't done in America? Guess what!

One thing good about the trip, we watched the wall come down.

As to "Zombies"? I believe their the goverment, draining our lives, slowly, but surely, little at a time. MT

I don't believe the world will crumble, nor do I hear the "nation will crumble within the hours". But looking at how our youngster are, and whats being taught in government school, many who maybe future leaders. It may make you think. How standards are lowered, and what is being taught, and by who. Its not hours, rather how many decades.

Seems that during the 60s, things changed, and its not nor ever will be the same, carefree, self-reliance and independent people we once were. More So on government support, and acceptance of their rulings, and handouts. Everyone, from poor to rich, had a budget to live off, even the goverment. Now?

I remember our first trip to Germany, Tiegel airport in Berlin, Russian soldier walking around with machine guns, being bodily searched, as our luggage. Passports constantly being asked for and checked. Then saying to myself, this isn't done in America? Guess what!

One thing good about the trip, we watched the wall come down.

As to "Zombies"? I believe their the goverment, draining our lives, slowly, but surely, little at a time. MT

I agree with you 100% Marshal. Me thinks the problem lies in a prevelant feeling within our Country that came to light to me when I visited the Holocost Museum this month. AH's propaganda machine was able to sell the entire Third Reich bundle to the people of Germany through 'Political and Social Indifference' among other things. Looks to me like that's how we got to where we are today. The sheep just let things happen, and choose to not get involved for a number of reasons - primarily because of the above stated indifference.

I guess my point of the post was that trying to stay informed can be mentally taxing at times, especially with all of the aforementioned 'atmosphereic crumbling' that seems to prevail today. And, BTW - regarding your question about my political leanings - I think that the Republican party is getting WAY too liberal.... JMHO.

Anybody heard any good jokes lately? :rolleyes:

I agree with you 100% Marshal. Me thinks the problem lies in a prevelant feeling within our Country that came to light to me when I visited the Holocost Museum this month. AH's propaganda machine was able to sell the entire Third Reich bundle to the people of Germany through 'Political and Social Indifference' among other things. Looks to me like that's how we got to where we are today. The sheep just let things happen, and choose to not get involved for a number of reasons - primarily because of the above stated indifference.

I guess my point of the post was that trying to stay informed can be mentally taxing at times, especially with all of the aforementioned 'atmosphereic crumbling' that seems to prevail today. And, BTW - regarding your question about my political leanings - I think that the Republican party is getting WAY too liberal.... JMHO.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191669

I think that the Republican party is getting WAY too liberal.... JMHO.

:lol: :lol: I agree. I always wonder why they spend millions on their elections, yet it pays so little. That tells you in one word, corruption, both sides. Its no longer. "We the people---", because "we" depend to much on "them" and their promises. Thanks for straightening me out.

Our Fore-Fathers would be appalled at the size of government, something they never conceived would happen. Maybe it was all for nothing. because its happening from within.

I agree on your statement on the Republican Party also. MT

I think this is also a good discussion, not political, rather History, and Historical.

:lol: :lol: I agree. I always wonder why they spend millions on their elections, yet it pays so little. That tells you in one word, corruption, both sides. Its no longer. "We the people---", because "we" depend to much on "them" and their promises. Thanks for straightening me out.

Our Fore-Fathers would be appalled at the size of government, something they never conceived would happen. Maybe it was all for nothing. because its happening from within.

I agree on your statement on the Republican Party also. MT

I think this is also a good discussion, not political, rather History, and Historical.

I stil vote toward the Republican side of things when it's beween the two parties - oh well...can't win 'em all I guess ;)

Me thinks the problem lies in a prevelant feeling within our Country that came to light to me when I visited the Holocost Museum this month. AH's propaganda machine was able to sell the entire Third Reich bundle to the people of Germany through 'Political and Social Indifference.

Remember the saying, "History has a way of repeating itself"? Remember Hitler used the Jewish community to blame everything on, the world was struggling from a depression. He used this hate as a political way of winning. Today, history repeating itself?, the social issue is not of a religious differences to blame, but rather a economic class of people, "The Rich".

Good observation. MT

Remember the saying, "History has a way of repeating itself"? Remember Hitler used the Jewish community to blame everything on, the world was struggling from a depression. He used this hate as a political way of winning. Today, history repeating itself?, the social issue is not of a religious differences to blame, but rather a economic class of people, "The Rich".

Good observation. MT

Well if that's the case, I certainly won't be on anyone's radar. There are still times where there's too much month at the end of the money.... :rolleyes: I do consider myself rich, though - for knowing y'all in my SASS family. :FlagAm:

Yeah, but some say they are offended by em and go crying to the moderators to get em pulled. Dunno what this world is coming to. :lol:

GREAT POINT! I can't tell you the number of times I heard that 1) The country is gonna fall apart. 2) there's gonna be a revolution with blood in the streets. 3) The whole entire power grid is gonna fail and there will be total chaos. 4) The zombies are real and they'll be here soon! etc. etc. etc.................groooaaan

Gimme a break!

Rye

Ummm....you mean like that little power interruption in India....600,000,000 plus with no electricity? I agree that the media, in general, over-sensationalizes for the sake of trying to draw an audience. But I also believe that we are, on a national and international level, outstripping our ability to provide and/or pay for the resources and infrastructure required to support our way of life. I expect some rude awakenings involving water, energy and food over the next few years. That's not fear-mongering - if you don't consider these issues, you cannot plan to meet them. And I might as well endear myself to the audience - I have come to believe that global warming is real, and that human activity contributes to it. So do a lot of other things, from natural forces to cow flatulence. But we still need to recognize it and plan for it.

LL

LL

Archived