SASS Wire Forum

In this heat, watch out for our best friends

This heat in the deep south is horendous! My Black Lab "Sam" enjoyed chasing my dauhters on my golf cart until yesterday. The Vet did all he could do, but my friend, my five year old Lab died this morning of a heat stroke. Yes, dogs, can have a heat stroke.

Let's not forget our friends.

Sorry for your loss, Tuco. A pet can be like family. I know that Captain Jack is part of ours.

Thanks pard,

My daughters are having a tuff time with the loss of their pal, I will miss my huntin friend as well.

I know what you mean. I have a couple waiting for me at the bridge. I guess the only thing that helps at all is to remember them and how glad they were to see you and how much fun they were to have around. Best friend is a real good description of them.

When Jack sticks his nose under my arm and wags his tail, that about as good as it gets.

My dog "Flag" that I wrote about in the Chronicle a few months ago, hunted at my side more than a few years.

Just before the article came out, he just couldn't make it any more. The drive to the vet was the hardest few miles I ever had in a car.

I believe that when anyone arrives in heaven they will be greeted by every happy tail that was ever in their lives.

Tuco, you can take some comfort in knowing that when your time comes, Sam will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Sam doesn't need our prayers anymore, but I'll sure send a batch up for you and your daughters and the rest of Sam's family. God Bless, Pard.

My condolences Tuco.

Afraid we'll be facing that before too long, our Murphy is 13, which for a giant breed dog is getting up there. In his mind he's a puppy, but watching him get up in the morning you know he's an old man.

My sympathies, compadre. It is a hard thing to endure.

For others who may have "water" dogs, a kiddy wading pool is a great addition to the back yard in hot weather. Not for the kids, of course.

Buena suerte,

eGG

Tuco, sorry for your family's loss. You are right, in this heat you have to especially watch out for heat related problems with your pets.

Thanks Pard's, I think the hardest part is watching "Fred", my 15 year old Lab looking for his son, "Sam". He's old and deaf, but he still patrol's our property. He's coming in the house tonight and sleeping in the bedroom with me.

Only one thing to do when you loose a dog . . . .... get another dog.

I love :wub: all the dogs I've had . . . and missed them all terribly when I lost each one, . . .....

. . but have a wonderful one now,.... Dogs are wonderful companions. :)

Our sincere condolences, Tuco. The furkids are part of the family.

Thanks for posting this warning. It couldn't have been easy.

Archived