SASS Wire Forum

AMBUSH 2012?

Little Bertha will meet her demise at Guns of Autumn-----what next for Ambush 2012?

I'll tell ya exactly what's next, and its a mighty tall order for the North Alabama Regulators and Posse #1. We have to work our tails off to make Ambush 2012 an even bigger, better event with a wider reach than ever. We had shooters from fifteen states at Ambush this year (at last count) and very close to 200 shooters. We actually reached 200, but had some last-minute cancellations that dropped us back down. I don't want to steal Lawman Mark's thunder (a great club president and a prince of a fine fella ;):rolleyes: ), so I'll quit now, but I know we can do it again next year!!

Still cleaning all my firearms. 2012 I'll probable shoot long range 45-70, so looks as if 2012 will be more firearms.

What can one say about 2012, but each year the staff makes em better then the last, and this years was great, especially stage 10 with movement downrange with shotgun and pistols, awsome, I want more of this.

As to 2011 Ambush, the hardest thing was saying good-by's. I hope each one will be there for the next ones, and those that couldn't be here, will be. MT

Attention: Quigley WON THE MIDGET TOSSIN' CONTEST so I challenge him to come to GUNS OF AUTUMN to Little Bertha's ceremony. She will no longer be with us.

Tossin' is out, mud wrasslin' is out ,midget wrasslin is out, ticklin' is out so please hep melk. I have to come up with something. I need help.

I know, I know, I know-------naa, it wouldn't work. :unsure:

Attention: Quigley WON THE MIDGET TOSSIN' CONTEST so I challenge him to come to GUNS OF AUTUMN to Little Bertha's ceremony. She will no longer be with us.

Tossin' is out, mud wrasslin' is out ,midget wrasslin is out, ticklin' is out so please hep melk. I have to come up with something. I need help.

CC,

If anybody needs help it be you fer sure. So I'm thinking here give me a minute or two. :lol:

BW, I was so sleepy when I wrote that article it is no telling what I said. But I could sure use the help. Don't forget that you and ole' LSC are suppose to come over to Guns Of Autumn Oct. 29th. HTF and DI are coming and so is Lawman Mark. I would like to also challenge any of the rest of the Alabama folks to come to our little shoot. We support Ambush and it shows by the number of Georgia folks who show up at the awards table. Please come visit us if you can work it into your busy schedule.

CC Di's and my registration is one the way to Tom. Room reserved at Holiday INN.

CC Di's and my registration is one the way to Tom. Room reserved at Holiday INN.

Fantastic!!!! :):):)

Thanks to MT and BJ

I'm thinkin' about skillet tossin' for the ladies.... the men of their choice go down range and the lady will throw the skillet at the target...

I need volunteers---------------------------------------- :unsure:

I volunteer Bucky. I'll even supply the iron skillet.

(Tapping on Bucky's shoulder...)

Bucky, I got tree words fer ya.........

RUN MAN,.....RUN !!!! :wacko::blink:

CC I can't make Guns of Autum as I'll be deep in the woods of the Sipsey Wilderness on a walkabout. Dying to do my winter hiking and I'm got a trip planned that weekend! ;)

Give ol'Bertha a big ol' sloppy kiss for me and send her on her way. :o:lol::lol:

OKB I ain't signing up for that skillet thang! To many women would love to get skillets after my head! :o:P:lol:

Whiskey Business,

It looks like Buckey is going to be the only volunteer we have so I will go ahead and sign him up. Have him report to me at Ambush on Thursday morning (I don't know the dates yet) and I will show him where to stand and I will provide the skillets. BTW you get the first throw free.

And thank you for your service to the sidematch program.

Quigly,

I have already been to see a welder about building me a target for next year's 22 sidematch. If it works out we will have resetting knock down silhouette targets to shoot at. There will be no question as to whether you hit them or not. If it's down, it's a hit. If it's up, it's not. Depending on the size he comes up with will determine the yardage. Yeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

CC Holiday Inn gave me a confirmation Number and soon as I clean the guns we will be there. Should get in Friday afternoon. Can you call di tonight? Who else from Al. is coming?

Mt looking into Valdosta will let you know asap.

Little Bertha will meet her demise at Guns of Autumn-----what next for Ambush 2012?

CC It has gotta be huge!!!!! After the midget red light district, Blue Wolf tossing, and passing kidney stones. You are going to have to get creative to top this year!!!!!!

"SKILLET TOSS'N" Hope ya'll ain't gettin any ideas bout toss'n Ol LICK(SKILLET)sides i'm too big to toss i'd just roll. LSC

After seeing that rimfire steel with the hanging targets in the middle along with them little chickens that Uncle Frank put together; I bet he could rig us up a catapult to move ole Lickskillet pretty far. Might could use Bertha's swimming pool as a target....see if we can get ole Lickskillet to make a big splash :) Leastin' that way we could recycle a part of Bertha's estate in memory of her....what say ya'll?

"SKILLET TOSS'N" Hope ya'll ain't gettin any ideas bout toss'n Ol LICK(SKILLET)sides i'm too big to toss i'd just roll. LSC

I guess we could use..............oh say a canon err maybe a chair and something like dynamite. After carefully calculating mass and weight, I'd say maybe 3/4 of a stick should give a pretty fair launch. To get precise though, need distance. Wind and elevation, yeah I believe someone said that. I figure about three tries and we should be on target. Ya know fire for effect kinda thing. What ya say LSC ya should be up fer it. :lol::lol::lol:

Bein' shot out of a cannon is well, it's almost like,er, heck--well, I'll bet it's just as bad as bein' hit by a truck. Don't ya think? :unsure::unsure:

:lol::lol::lol: (I can't believe I said that)

Well that did not take long to brainstorm some fantastic new idea's for next year. We have to get to work on the "Skillet-pult" and the wading pool :D

I guess we could use..............oh say a canon err maybe a chair and something like dynamite. After carefully calculating mass and weight, I'd say maybe 3/4 of a stick should give a pretty fair launch. To get precise though, need distance. Wind and elevation, yeah I believe someone said that. I figure about three tries and we should be on target. Ya know fire for effect kinda thing. What ya say LSC ya should be up fer it. :lol::lol::lol:

BW, don't we know somebody who might'n give us a hand in kakalatin' all that teknikal stuff? I'ma thinkin ole Hairtrigger Floyd fit the bill!

Dang, can't understand those Cajuns, seenin as they don't tawk the kings English. Comment ca va, KK? See ya at Guns of Autumn!

Bon, et vous, Whiskey?

Danged ole Cajuns....can't tawk king's English worf a hoot and don't even get me started on dat ole Cajun Frenchy thang they tawk in!! Mais you'd tink dey was from dat foreign land yeah!

Looking forward to seeing you and Bucky at Guns of Autumn. Ole Badlands Bob got me on a special mission to make the spotters more accurate....or at least expose them for what they are!! See ya'll there mon chere!

BW,Heck yea i'm up for it,only if i can use CC's calculations of figgering the altitude from GA.TO Al.to get on target or i might need some one spotting for me.

CC,Naw at least being launched out of a cannon ya can be expectin the fuse to burn down a little.With the other it's kinda like Road Kill,ya never know what hit ya.

Kraaaaazy Kajun,BLB got ya on a mission Huh? For a minute there thought ya was gonna borrow Rubiducks big orange outfit complete with brass pickers and trash bag.BTW ya never got back to me on the challenge for next year.Whats up ye ain't growing feathers are ya.HE HE HE LSC (Road Kill 2)

Ya don't need no cannon. Well just borrow one of Anderson Fords trucks. I hear one of them big old trucks can launch two at a time.

Archived