SASS Wire Forum

its hard to stay mad when they are cute

Trigger Mike

my 2 year old is mr independent and goes and turns on the hot tub water to fill his cup or tries to use the water in the fridge door, or the water cooler, only he makes a mess every time. He leaves water on the floor and then fills his cup, goes to the den and dumps the water and goes gets more. I scolded him for it and told him to ask for now on, he happily points at the water cooler and jabbers, I tell him again to leave it alone, he points at it and jabbers happily some more. I asked him, "am I getting through to you?" to which he happily says, "No". I had to laugh. All the others always said yes sir and still did the opposite of what I said. At least he is honest and happy about it.

gotta love children

The independent ones are the most fun. They're also the most work!

The youngest grandson was walking by 9 1/2 months. My son has one of the refrigerators with the big shelves on the bottom. The little one loves his chocolate milk. We're all sitting around after supper at his house one night when the grandson (one year old at the time) comes marching into the living room with a gallon of milk in one hand and the Hersheys chocolate sauce and his sippy cup in the other. He's three and a half now and he will try to fix his own cereal and he can feed my son' dogs with little or no help and just a little supervision.

The drawback is that he has to be watched or you'll find him jumping off of the roof of the house. He climbs anything that he can get a hand or foot hold on and will jump off of anything! :unsure:

Shortly after we moved into our current house with the kitchen with the nice oak parquet flooring, our then 1-2 year old daughter got into the pantry closet, and managed to get the lid off the 5 gallon tupperware of flour. By the time we noticed she was covered head to foot and flour was all over the floor. Miz Grizz was afraid I would be furious, all I could do was laugh and go get a camera. I'll try and hunt up the picture and post it.

My granddaughter is 2..Independent and talk about a handful...I call her "Monkey" There is nothing she will not try to clime on or get into always at 100mph...she will not let anyone feed her she will pitch a fit if you try...well I take that back she will let grandpa feed her ice cream but that's it....She understands English whens its to her advantage...She is a real pain in the butt....I would not trade her for anything in the world I love her so much :rolleyes:

You can find lots of photos of me & her on my facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1333843324

That is a great picture, Noz!

My cousin went to the parts store one time to get some solvent to remove the glued on rearview mirror from his windshield. The parts guy didn't have anything suitable, but asked if he had any kids...

Yeah, two...

How old?...

Four and six...

Go out and tell them not to touch that mirror and come on back in for about ten minutes...

:lol:

That is a great picture, Noz!

My cousin went to the parts store one time to get some solvent to remove the glued on rearview mirror from his windshield. The parts guy didn't have anything suitable, but asked if he had any kids...

Yeah, two...

How old?...

Four and six...

Go out and tell them not to touch that mirror and come on back in for about ten minutes...

:lol:

I'm pretty proud of her. She's thru college in 3.5 years with a triple major/double minor while working two jobs and managing a young husband.

Her husband brought an orphan calf home from his grandparents farm. They kept it in the garage and allowed it to go from garage to back yard daily for 4 months. The only way to go from garage to back yard was thru the kitchen.

Very special young lady.

and she likes her Grandpa.

AHHH. DOn't you both look proud to be together. ain't it grand to love and be loved?

It is!

Archived