SASS Wire Forum

Guns you love

Rye Miles #13621

I have several guns I own that I hardly ever shoot, some never. Every time I pull 'em out to think about gettin rid of 'em I just love 'em so much that I put 'em back in the safe.:lol:

Guns I hardly shoot: Bushmaster AR15,

Pederosli .58 caliber "Zouave" muzzleloader,

Colt 1903 .32 auto,

Colt Police positive, 38 Colt,

S&W .38 S&W "Victory" model.

Colt model 1917 revolver .45acp

How's about yuns?

All of 'em.

But right now, I have three that I have NEVER fired. One that has been retired because of age and condition, Four that are safe queens, Two that are BP and I don't want to shoot any more, four cowboy guns for matches, and a trap gun.

Since I started CAS, I have neglected most of my other guns. Shooting paper targets at the range just isn't that fun anymore.

I only have one gun that I have never shot- a mostly matching Gew98 (made in 1906) with a unit disc from the Somme. It is in great shape and has never been refurbished (receiver and bolt still in the white like the early imperial rifles were made). I have no concerns about it working correctly, but I have other Mausers (K98's) to shoot when I want. I figured that it is OK to have one safe queen.

20 gauge mossberg pump. My dad bought it for me when I was 14 to go pheasant hunting with him.

Chili Pepper Kid

My favorite of many seldom fired guns is an Erma Baby Luger in .380.

Its good for nothing but it’s a real jewel the fit and finish are truly superb.

There is also a Ruger 50th anniversary Model 77 in .264 mag. that lives in the safe. My wife bought it for me on my 50th birthday and it will never be fired. Its one of only a thousand ever made, the 50th anniversary Bearcat and Mark II are resting next to it also unfired and also birthday presents from my wife

Then there is the Luger that my dad brought back from the bulge it has been fired but very seldom and the man I called granpa's Colt Police Positive service revolver, and the Model 10 that was my first service revolver. I could go on but you get the picture. I rarely sell a gun and of those few I have sold most I regret

I shoot everything I have.

The only one I don't shoot is a Hopkins & Allen suicide special.

If I had any 38rf ammo I'd dang sure shoot it too. :D

I have several guns I own that I hardly ever shoot, some never. Every time I pull 'em out to think about gettin rid of 'em I just love 'em so much that I put 'em back in the safe.:lol:

Guns I hardly shoot: Bushmaster AR15,

Pederosli .58 caliber "Zouave" muzzleloader,

Colt 1903 .32 auto,

Colt Police positive, 38 Colt,

S&W .38 S&W "Victory" model.

Colt model 1917 revolver .45acp

How's about yuns?

Several that I don't shoot for lack of time, not cuz they are particularly collectable or anything.

Colt Delta Elite Gold Cup - 10mm

Colt Delta Elite Government - 10mm - a project gun I converted to unlimited class (Eotech sight, one piece barrel/compensator etc)

Kimber Stainless Target II - 10mm

Glock - 10mm

Wyoming Arms Government - 10mm

See any trends in this list? :)

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway (who loves the 10mm) Kid

I too have neglected shooting some of my non-CAS guns since I got involved in CAS in '06, especially the muzzle loaders. One that has languised longest in the back of the safe is the 1863 pattern S. Norris & W.T. Clement .58 caliber contract musket made for the state of Massachusetts during The War Of Northern Aggression.

Another is the 1869 Tower (Enfield) .577 two-band short rifle that was a basket case when I got it, but was restored to shootable condition. From the look of it when I got it, I'd say it had been knocking around in India or the 'Stans since the days when the sun never set on the British Empire. Both rifles have a been-there-done-that look to them, and I would love the hear the stories they could tell if they could only talk.

The Garand, the No4 MK2 and my Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70 are the ones I like to shoot, but are in the safe but don't get shot much, mostly because shooting paper is boring and with ammo costs so high, I am reluctant to shoot off my remaining ammo.

And I am WAY behind in my reloading.

The Garand, the No4 MK2 and my Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70 are the ones I like to shoot, but are in the safe but don't get shot much, mostly because shooting paper is boring and with ammo costs so high, I am reluctant to shoot off my remaining ammo.

And I am WAY behind in my reloading.

=========================================================

I used one of these hot days to stay home and tumble all my accumulated non-CAS brass. Once I get done shooting CAS for the year, I'll attack them and should be able to knock them all out in a weekend.

Para-Ordnance P-10, P-14

Two AR-15s - an Olympia Arms carbine and a DPMS rifle (the latter never fired, the former never fired by me)

A pair of engraved Uberti Cattlemans (Cattlemen?) in .45 LC

An SKS and several other pistols neglected since taking up CAS

and the Savage .22/.410 over/under my Daddy gave me when I was 10 ;)

Never fired: A '94 Winchester 1866-1966 Centennial Commemorative with whats left of the box, a gift from a friend/co-worker 25 years ago.

An unfired '73 vintage Colt Python complete with hang tags. 6-inch nickel finish. Bought it a couple of years ago from a feller selling off his collection, always thought that was the most handsome revolver ever made.

Everything else has been neglected since finding CAS...seems to be a common story

Rye, I also have a 1903 Colt 32. It was my grandfathers. He carried it in the war and would never talk about anything that he did. As these were the guns of choice for the OSS, I often wonder!!!!. So it has a special place in the safe. j-r

pre 64 model 12 trap, wedding present from my wife,

Browning BLR 308 made by TRW in Cleveland (they tried for the contract to build them but didn't get it, got this one with the box, unfired after it left the factory,

model 29 smith 8 3/8, was my brother's, with wood box and original cardboard box as well

may be more...

cheyenne

Archived