SASS Wire Forum

OK, I'll admit I'm a Redneck

Long Branch Louie

Wife says I am, so I might as well admit it. BTW, rednecks do NOT exist only in the South. But I have to admit, I like to hear an engine run with a big ol' honkin' camshaft in it, I can truthfully say I've done a few of these "Hey watch this" things when I was younger and I'm certainly not above doing some of the things Larry the Cable Guy talks about. I DO go to work everyday and don't get into trouble if I can help it. So, we got any other good ol' boy rednecks out there??? :D

SAME HERE!!

Proud to be a redneck:

You might be a redneck if. . .

•It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God. . "

•You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

•You still say "Christmas" instead of "The Holidays."

•You bow your head when someone prays.

•You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.

•You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.

•You've never burned an American flag.

•You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

•You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

•You'd give your last dollar to a friend.

Yup!!

While I may occasionally have brief periods of Red Neckedness, I will never admit to bein one. :lol:

While I may occasionally have brief periods of Red Neckedness, I will never admit to bein one. :lol:

Sorry Bob, an' I'm proud of it.

Shenny

Let me think...

I've gone swimming in a backwoods swimming hole after cutting off my blue jeans to make "swimming trunks"

I love going four wheeling, and I have been stuck above the tires in mud before. Heck, I sank a Jeep Cherokee once.

To me camping is something you do as far away from an RV park as possible, in a tent or the back of a pickup.

Camping without a good time shooting whatever guns were brought is a wasted trip.

Camping without breaking out the beer or adult refreshment of choice (after the firearms are put away) is darn near sacrilege.

I understand and subscribe to the theory that "there is no replacement for displacement."

I've worked on cars and pickups in garages and backyards, in all kinds of weather. As I result, I know it is possible to eat a ham sandwich with greasy hands without getting grease on the sandwich, and that coffee that won't put hair on your chest is worthless, better yet, have coffee that will rip out the hair it puts there.

I learned, and earned, my signature the hard way.

Yes, I may have slight redneck tendencies. :blush:

I guess I am an "adopted redneck." Don't have a couch or a 'fridge on the front porch, but I'm thinkin' of putting a piano out there.

Note to self, don't let DocWard drive my truck if there's mud or water around.

:D

See? You didn't even need to make a mistake to learn from that one!!!

As I've said repeatedly. :FlagAm: The PROPER term is Mountain William. :FlagAm:

If you ain't one, you'd better damn sure not call somebody else the derivative! :lol:

Amongst our own kind it ain't no disrespect, but you'uns that ain't................ :angry:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes Sir, I IS A REDNECK AND DAMN PROUD OF IT !! :FlagAm:

Have a big bore V-8 hangin' by a chain in da front yard....

Got a fridge on da front porch , next to da freezer...

Aint gotta cut da grass...got a mule to do dat fer me....

Got a spit cup on da dash of my pick-em up truck...

Willie and Waylon blastin' on da rayditio.....

Roof leaks when it rains....

Winders rattles....

OH........I got da good life !!!

As I've said repeatedly. :FlagAm: The PROPER term is Mountain William. :FlagAm:

If you ain't one, you'd better damn sure not call somebody else the derivative! :lol:

Amongst our own kind it ain't no disrespect, but you'uns that ain't................ :angry:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, I'm a Buckeye by birth, but both of my parents hail from Southeastern KY and the heart of Appalachia. They both learned the 3 Rs- readin', ritin', and route 23- north out of the state for a life better than the coal mines, where both of my grandfathers worked, along with a number of my uncles and cousins. I suppose I am as close to a "Mountain William" as one can get without actually being one. However, a redneck is a bit different. While there is disagreement as to whether it is the origin of our modern usage, the word "redneck" appears to have been used to refer to Scottish rebels in the 1600's. Many of those same Scots immigrated to the American South. The Scots-Irish influence in the U.S., particularly the South, is well known. Rednecks have been known to be everything from field workers with sunburned necks to union mine workers wearing red bandanas.

Well, I'm a Buckeye by birth, but both of my parents hail from Southeastern KY and the heart of Appalachia. They both learned the 3 Rs- readin', ritin', and route 23- north out of the state for a life better than the coal mines, where both of my grandfathers worked, along with a number of my uncles and cousins. I suppose I am as close to a "Mountain William" as one can get without actually being one. However, a redneck is a bit different. While there is disagreement as to whether it is the origin of our modern usage, the word "redneck" appears to have been used to refer to Scottish rebels in the 1600's. Many of those same Scots immigrated to the American South. The Scots-Irish influence in the U.S., particularly the South, is well known. Rednecks have been known to be everything from field workers with sunburned necks to union mine workers wearing red bandanas.

It is still a term of endearment where I come from!

Wy schute, Ize gat yall bete, Imma dubal redneck, cuz Ize gat me a dubal wide....en tha vaary depe souf.... :lol:

Cheyenne, wo was bornt en Ft Hamilton and presintlee lives en Ft myers, Culpepper :)

It is still a term of endearment where I come from!

Trust me, I take no offense at either term directed to me. My former boss once called me a yuppie when he found out I used to drive a Cherokee. That I took offense to, so I showed him a picture of it, mud tires, dirt and rust, and told him about the 360 with Holley carb, limited slip rear, 3speed manual....

Trust me, I take no offense at either term directed to me. My former boss once called me a yuppie when he found out I used to drive a Cherokee. That I took offense to, so I showed him a picture of it, mud tires, dirt and rust, and told him about the 360 with Holley carb, limited slip rear, 3speed manual....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ive been called a redneck most all of my life. Around here, rednecks were popular long before Foxworthy ever thought of making a joke about us.

For most of my working life, I have been in the Offroad industry. Either building trucks for mudding or rock crawling ... or building atv's for mudding. And it aint a deep hole unless its at least over the gas tank...and thats for trucks or atvs. Ive probably pulled more engines and trannys from a cable on a tree limb than I ever have in a shop. (my shop now has a piece of railroad track stretched across the top for pulling) Ive painted cars out in the middle of the yard, worked on jeeps worth tens of thousands of dollars in a tin roof shop with a dirt floor. You name it, Ive pretty much been involved in most all aspects of "rednecking"

Around here, the college kids at the University of Mary Washington call us Fredericksburg locals "Frednecks". Yup, I resemble that remark!

Being From (Almost Heaven) West Virginia I'm not quite as redneck as some of my neighbors. But I still qualify. I have two old trucks 1959 Jeep CJ5 and a 1967 Jeep M715 ( the monster truck) even older tractors 1940 Farmall A and a 1959 Cub. Have shot deer and ground hogs out the kitchen window.

Being From (Almost Heaven) West Virginia I'm not quite as redneck as some of my neighbors. But I still qualify. I have two old trucks 1959 Jeep CJ5 and a 1967 Jeep M715 ( the monster truck) even older tractors 1940 Farmall A and a 1959 Cub. Have shot deer and ground hogs out the kitchen window.

Wish I could find the picture of the Redneck hunting deer while in his hot tub.

Shenny

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life
OK, I'll admit I'm a Redneck

As long as ever-dang-body is in this confessional-frame of mind... I also admit that Long Branch Louie is a redneck.

ts

Not me - I'm originally a CoonA$$ from Louisiana. That's spelled and pronounced "Cajun" if ya'll ain't from there. B)

It's just like being a Redneck, only the foods better!

BB

Now you're talkin. I may live in Quitman now but I'm from south Louisiana.

As long as ever-dang-body is in this confessional-frame of mind... I also admit that Long Branch Louie is a redneck.

ts

I LIKE bein' a redneck, don't have ta be bothered with tryin' to impress folks, jist live like I want to.....

I'm old, fat, lazy, short, ugly, bald, half blind, and my feet stink. If someone has a problem with that, well then they can just steer clear. Hey Louie! Hold my beer and watch this!

I'm old, fat, lazy, short, ugly, bald, half blind, and my feet stink. If someone has a problem with that, well then they can just steer clear. Hey Louie! Hold my beer and watch this!

Griz - I'm ok with everything 'cept the stinky feet! Guess I'll just stand back a bit :D

BB

Not many non-rednecks know it, but most experienced rednecks have missletoe attached to their shirt tails. :lol::lol: Cajuns too!! :rolleyes:

Note; Cajuns are actually redneck naval personel. :unsure:

Archived