SASS Wire Forum

YeeeHawwww, am I pathetic or what

Grizzly Dave

Just got notification that my shotgun has shipped. Should be delivered to my FFL on Thursday.

As excited as I am you would think it was at least a Browning BSS or something, but no, just an inexpensive USSG/Baikal. But hey, it's a new gun and I haven't bought one in nearly two years. Way too long.

Grizz

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell, I get all tingly when a set of screws comes in.

A gun dang near makes me pass out. :lol:

OK Dave, we'll give you an "or what" on this one!

Dat's just plum pathetic, der Grizz

Just plum pathetic !!!!:lol:

(Whar can I git me a new gun wif out Lady hawk knowin' bout it ?! B) )

Just got notification that my shotgun has shipped. Should be delivered to my FFL on Thursday.

As excited as I am you would think it was at least a Browning BSS or something, but no, just an inexpensive USSG/Baikal. But hey, it's a new gun and I haven't bought one in nearly two years. Way too long.

Grizz

What do you mean, just an inexpensive Baikal. They get the job done. Big time. I applaud your choice. I presume it is a 12 gauge? Hammerless?

yup, 12 gauge hammerless

"A label for this shipment has been created, but UPS does not yet have possession of this shipment. Once we receive the shipment, the tracking status will be updated."

Don't they know I'll be sitting at a computer hitting refresh on the tracking page twenty times a minute????

I was going to vote for "or what" but after that last post I'm changing to pathetic. twenty times a minute? I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate.

Yup! I know how ya feel.

I gotz my '73 on the same day they gave us that big "C" scare with Mama Taft. I threw it in the safe and hadn't touched it until I was sure Mama was ok.

I've since had it out and done some work on it to make it my own and I was tickled pink to finally get my hands on it.

I watched the UPS shipping/tracking thingamajig right from the first day it shipped out waiting on it to get here.

Like a kid waitin' fer Christmas! :lol:

~EE Taft~

yup, 12 gauge hammerless

"A label for this shipment has been created, but UPS does not yet have possession of this shipment. Once we receive the shipment, the tracking status will be updated."

Don't they know I'll be sitting at a computer hitting refresh on the tracking page twenty times a minute????

Aint seen dis much excitment since I gave my kids new bikes on Christmas !! :lol:

a new shotgun, and spring is comin, might be gettin on time to think about my spring bath...

NAW, that can wait!

:lol::o:huh::D

Okay Dave, I guess I can't beat ya' so I'll have to join ya'. I got home today and found a slip from UPS saying they tried to deliver a package to me from Longhunter Shooting Supply but, since I wasn't home to sign for it, they'll be back tomorrow. My '66 is back and I can't touch it. I'm pathetic. :(

oh dang Philly, that sucks! That's why I follow the tracking. Although best that does is tell you the day it will be delivered, time is always unknown.

My poor FFL, when my RNVs and TTN got delivered to him, I was on the phone to him before he'd had a chance to close the door I think. He'd actually been lucky and taken delivery as he was on the way out the door to go do something with his wife. It really sucked to know they were 5 miles away and I had to wait another day to get my hands on them.

Dat's just plum pathetic, der Grizz

Just plum pathetic !!!!:lol:

(Whar can I git me a new gun wif out Lady hawk knowin' bout it ?! B) )

"Plum pathetic." Isn't that the new Birchwood-Casey color for "bluing" guns? Kind of a greyish-purple-brown.

Grizz

Grizzes you so deserve this toy.... so cool... I am so happy for you...

Deja, thanks. Hopefully the new shotgun will soon be joined by another pair of pistols and a 73. I'd like some backups, but more than that I'd like a second set of guns for when my boy, or someone else goes to a match with me we don't have to share guns. Not that I mind sharing mind you, it can just be a pain.

yup, 12 gauge hammerless

Pathetic, kind of slow. Only twenty times a minute....Let me see ifin I kin cyfer this. Dat would be onct every 3 seconds...WHAT ARE YA DOIN FER THOSE OTHER 2 SECONDS??

Chili Pepper Kid

posting here in the Saloon of course! :D

Griz Griz Griz you just AM :P braggin summore

Deja, thanks. Hopefully the new shotgun will soon be joined by another pair of pistols and a 73. I'd like some backups, but more than that I'd like a second set of guns for when my boy, or someone else goes to a match with me we don't have to share guns. Not that I mind sharing mind you, it can just be a pain.

Sharing is okay.. but it can be hard if the posse is smaller that is for sure, or if you are too close together. But.. ya do deserve it Grizzes..

Pathetic, kind of slow. Only twenty times a minute....Let me see ifin I kin cyfer this. Dat would be onct every 3 seconds...WHAT ARE YA DOIN FER THOSE OTHER 2 SECONDS??

Chili Pepper Kid

Eating Chili?? lol

Now if I ever get the chance to meet you miss CC :wub: then I will really have a reason to brag!

Grizzes I met her here in CA and she is very pretty and very sweet... and has pretty hair too.. lol.. You would love her as a Sass sister..

Wouldn't be the first time!

Did I really just admit that on the interweb? :blush::o

No change yet on the UPS tracking page, I know you were all curious.

I think maybe tomorrow I need to study up on Marauder's website and learn myself how to disable the auto safety. I hope you don't have to take it apart too far, I tend to wind up with leftover parts when I do things like that.

Grizz

Wouldn't be the first time!

Did I really just admit that on the interweb? :blush::o

No change yet on the UPS tracking page, I know you were all curious.

I think maybe tomorrow I need to study up on Marauder's website and learn myself how to disable the auto safety. I hope you don't have to take it apart too far, I tend to wind up with leftover parts when I do things like that.

Grizz

lol. you are funny... you just need to ask the question and someone on here will have the answer.. I have found that out... When I was in MO I had trouble with the Square D dillon.. which I dont' have btw anymore.. lol.. Anyhow... people were so gracious... so was the Dillion 800 #.. lol.. I think they liked me?? lol..

New guns are so much fun.. lol

I'll study a bit and then ask. Hopefully I can find some pictures.

Off to bed with me now, g'nite Saloon

Sounds kind of like "goodnight moon" that was one of my kids favorite books I read them at bedtime. I'd read and then rock them to sleep, and usually me too.

I'll study a bit and then ask. Hopefully I can find some pictures.

Off to bed with me now, g'nite Saloon

Sounds kind of like "goodnight moon" that was one of my kids favorite books I read them at bedtime. I'd read and then rock them to sleep, and usually me too.

ah.. grizzes you wife and kids have to love ya.. lol... Goodnight Moon.. I think I need to go find that and read it.. GN.. sleep well and safe my sass pard.. Deja.

Getting a new delivery is always exciting; especially when it is a gun!

I once spent 1/2 a day tracking down a shipment that I had missed. My wife had bought me a K-98 for my birthday and I was expecting it to be delivered on Monday morning. On Friday morning at work, I checked the FedEx tracking and noticed that it was already out for delivery. I decided to take the afternoon off, so I could wait for the FedEx guy. When I got home at around noon there was a missed delivery notice on my door. I drove around until I found a FedEx truck, ambushed the driver while he was coming out of a shop, and inquired about my delivery. Unfortunately, it was the wrong truck. He told me to call the FedEx office to see if the driver was still in the area. Unfortunately, they couldn't get ahold of the driver to arrange another delivery attempt but they told me that I could go to the FedEx hub to meet the truck as it returned from all delivers. So Friday night, I went to the FedEx hub and waited in the garage as the trucks came back in, got my K-98 right off the back of the truck, and had a good birthday weekend cleaning up an old K-98!

Archived