SASS Wire Forum

Kevin Costner for gun control ?

Rube Burrows

He and his liberal kind have no authority on the issue.

They try and be firm on gun-control because they feel it's the guns that take lives (duh! It's the person behind it) yet they support abortion 'rights'...go figger :D

GG ~ :(

He and his liberal kind have no authority on the issue.

They try and be firm on gun-control because they feel it's the guns that take lives (duh! It's the person behind it) yet they support abortion 'rights'...go figger :D

GG ~ :(

I know what you mean. I guess I thought Costner was more like us than some of the others like Clooney.

I know what you mean. I guess I thought Costner was more like us than some of the others like Clooney.

Yeah - kinda disappointing to learn actors you admired are gun-control fanatics.

GG ~ :D

That article was dated May 2007.

Most every actor out there is two faced...... the parts they play and the bs they live.

The bs they live is very liberal. No brains; no understanding; extreme positions.

Many have bodyguards.

Most every actor out there is two faced...... the parts they play and the bs they live.

The bs they live is very liberal. No brains; no understanding; extreme positions.

Many have bodyguards.

YUP........

Makes wanta ask da question; What did ya say/do that you have to have bodyguards ??? :wacko:

Many have bodyguards.

Yup - I know when the article was written and I remember reading it at that time. The feelings about some of these elites is still the same whether then - now - or later as they keep up their antics to strip legal firearms from law-abiding citizens.

GG ~ :wacko:

Not only dat, Gunner...

But it seems to me dat dey think just cuz dey are movie starts dat what dey say and do, all da country sould do dat too !!! :wacko:

Any actor that is an anti should stand on principle and refuse to work in any movie that involves firearms. And, as has been pointed out, not have any armed guards.

Of course, those in the leadership of the gun grabbers should announce publicly that they are giving up their own guns, CCWs, and armed guards.

Whenever folks put an individual on a pedestal they are only fooling themselves. I don't really understand the transfer of adulation, but I see it all through out history so it must be a very human trait. Regrettably, in most cases the individuals are not always deserving of such tribute and fail to live up to the expected standards.

My gauge of such actions is to imagine that individual sitting on the "throne" in the outhouse

and he/she suddenly takes on a very human character. As a young man I learned that everybody has to lower their underwear to take a S(*t. That is pretty much true. As a baby, and as you get older, it does not always hold true. :wacko:

That said, I have a lot of respect for babies and old folks. JMHO

Not only dat, Gunner...

But it seems to me dat dey think just cuz dey are movie starts dat what dey say and do, all da country sould do dat too !!! :blink:

Classic truth pard! ..and a lot of 'em don't even have their own lives in order.

Any actor that is an anti should stand on principle and refuse to work in any movie that involves firearms. And, as has been pointed out, not have any armed guards.

Of course, those in the leadership of the gun grabbers should announce publicly that they are giving up their own guns, CCWs, and armed guards.

Aye aye! - the hypocritical acts abound with these folks!

GG ~ :wacko:

Come on folks, these people are actors, well they claim to be. Not always well qualified.

They are supposed to give you an illusion. I enjoyed Costner in Open Range very much.

I think he did a great job of acting. I don't think I would put him on a pedestal but his character in that film was very believable. Like most actors, he has had some dogs, but he also has appeared in some pretty good films.

Like others have said, just because they live on a bigger than life stage, does not give them anymore insight into social issues than you, me, or any one else.

No body has all of the answers.

Except me! :wacko:

I really like the part where he says he has good reason to have his shotgun 'cause his grandfather passed it down. I guess that means us other currs in the world don't have a "good reason" to have a gun....

First of all I often wonder what qualifies a celebrity to voice an opinion on an issue. Many made fun of how dumb George W Bush is without ever being asked what their college grades were. But then we now have a President who refuses to release his transcript, or birth certificate for that matter. All they really have is a bully pulpit as long as they agree with the media. Charlton Heston once said that after he became outspoken on the pro gun side that he would never be offered another leading roll in a major motion picture and he was right. How much of this is their real opinion and how much saying the things that will keep their careers afloat is always a matter of conjecture if all they are doing is answering a question. Now if they become involved in the anti gun movement then they remove all doubt.

Bugs

Come on folks, these people are actors, well they claim to be. Not always well qualified.

They are supposed to give you an illusion. I enjoyed Costner in Open Range very much.

I think he did a great job of acting. I don't think I would put him on a pedestal but his character in that film was very believable. Like most actors, he has had some dogs, but he also has appeared in some pretty good films.

Like others have said, just because they live on a bigger than life stage, does not give them anymore insight into social issues than you, me, or any one else.

:blink:well Badger, back in tha 70's, I met Ann- Margret...I still keep her on a pedestal an balieve everythin she tolt me.

Oh boy.....Here we go again !! :blink:

I really like the part where he says he has good reason to have his shotgun 'cause his grandfather passed it down. I guess that means us other currs in the world don't have a "good reason" to have a gun....

YUP, I SHORE NUFF DO !!

# 1 Da 2nd Amemdment

# 2 I bought da damn gun !! :wacko:

Any actor that is an anti should stand on principle and refuse to work in any movie that involves firearms.

Well for starters, I doubt that very many of them have any principles TO stand on. Remember, they make their living pretending to be somebody they're not.

There are exceptions; Tom Selleck, Kurt Russel, and Adam Baldwin, for instance.

If you didn't know - Costner actually came up with Open Range as an anti-gun movie.

Worked out well didn't it? :wacko:

He's a home boy,but i ain't got HIS back no more!

Yep and I'm going to Rescind that offer I made a while back about having a research and Kevin doing a western on set here at the Lake. Don't need him............ Bunk House Boss is peeved.......

Yep and I'm going to Rescind that offer I made a while back about having a research and Kevin doing a western on set here at the Lake. Don't need him............ Bunk House Boss is peeved.......

Costner is a wanna be woosey :wacko:

He dances with anti-gun woosies :blink:

Costner has the right to say whatever he wants.....BUT.....we have the right to boycott his movies and tell him so. Ya'll got any cajones to boycott his next movie even if it's a really good western??? That's what it'll take to shut him up. Hmmm............. :wacko:

I haven't seen a Stallone movie since he made his little anti-gun speech on BBC Television back when Columbine happened. I didn't know Costner was anti-gun when Open Range came out. Darn....great movie but I feel like throwing it out! :blink:

Just seen this. Maybe its a repost. If so, sorry.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/20...tricter_gun_law

Opps, I just dropped dances with wolves in the trash.. I loved that movie up until now..

Costner has the right to say whatever he wants.....BUT.....we have the right to boycott his movies and tell him so. Ya'll got any cajones to boycott his next movie even if it's a really good western??? That's what it'll take to shut him up. Hmmm............. ;)

I haven't seen a Stallone movie since he made his little anti-gun speech on BBC Television back when Columbine happened. I didn't know Costner was anti-gun when Open Range came out. Darn....great movie but I feel like throwing it out! :angry:

Now I KNOW why his girlfriend in dances with wolves was called "stands with fist".. she was angry.. lol.

Archived