SASS Wire Forum

Astronomic Phenominon

Ominous..

This could launch an event of momentous portortions.. B)

I must make my way to my hidden cave deep in the mountains where I will don my pointy hat and most cool-looking cloak with the little stars and moons on it and do what I can to save all of humanity.. :)

Of course if it don't work, I have a goodly cache of supplies in my hidden cave..The rest of y'all are on your own.. :P

Cop on the street knows about the full moon. I wonder just what this will bring? :)THE BEST OF FOLKS? B)

RARE LUNAR ECLIPSE: The lunar eclipse of Dec. 21st falls on the same date as the northern winter solstice. Is this rare? It is indeed, according to Geoff Chester of the US Naval Observatory, who inspected a list of eclipses going back 2000 years. "Since Year 1, I can only find one previous instance of an eclipse matching the same calendar date as the solstice, and that is Dec. 21, 1638," says Chester. "Fortunately we won't have to wait 372 years for the next one...that will be on Dec. 21, 2094."

WHEN TO LOOK: The total eclipse lasts more than an hour from 02:41 am to 03:53 am EST on Tuesday morning, Dec. 21st. Any time within that interval is a good time to look.

Now, it wood have to happen when I'm tryin to git my beautimus rest.... ;)

And it just goes to show those Mayains aint too fer off da mark !!!! :lol:

Cop on the street knows about the full moon. I wonder just what this will bring? ;)THE BEST OF FOLKS? :lol:

RARE LUNAR ECLIPSE: The lunar eclipse of Dec. 21st falls on the same date as the northern winter solstice. Is this rare? It is indeed, according to Geoff Chester of the US Naval Observatory, who inspected a list of eclipses going back 2000 years. "Since Year 1, I can only find one previous instance of an eclipse matching the same calendar date as the solstice, and that is Dec. 21, 1638," says Chester. "Fortunately we won't have to wait 372 years for the next one...that will be on Dec. 21, 2094."

WHEN TO LOOK: The total eclipse lasts more than an hour from 02:41 am to 03:53 am EST on Tuesday morning, Dec. 21st. Any time within that interval is a good time to look.

I'm busy Tuesday night, I'll have to catch the next one.

The Aztec calendar says the end of the civilation is Dec 21, 2012 and here we have this on Dec 21, 2010 - coincidence?

BH

Huuummm........ Cood be....

Just cood be !!! ;)

I might be just a little bit scared !! :lol:

Tank I see it now..........yep.. there it is...shinin through da snowstorm......... :P

Wait a dang minuite.........HE77... DATS A STREET LIGHT !!!!!!!!! ;)

Tuesday, Dec.21, we will have a total lunar eclipse of the full moon on the day of the Winter Solstice. Who knows what this may portend....

So, will this mean more global warming? lol

You guys are silly just an old wives tale :FlagAm::D

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/gunc.../DevilsMoon.jpg BWAAAA HAAA HAA HAA BEWARE MY BIDDING IS NYE~~~~~~

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/gunc...n_and_cross.jpg

I am weary..It was a long, grueling night..But I kept the forces of evil at bay.. :FlagAm:

All of humanity owes me nothing for this but their undying gratitude till the end of time.. :)

And of course, as usual, any monetary contributions will be accepted as well.. :FlagAm:

...went out ta see but it wuz too dark ta tell....

Doc Cherokee I'll get my 'undying attitude' fired up for yer efforts

I am weary..It was a long, grueling night..But I kept the forces of evil at bay.. :wacko:

All of humanity owes me nothing for this but their undying gratitude till the end of time.. :P

And of course, as usual, any monetary contributions will be accepted as well.. :huh:

I tried to send you a monetary gratuity, but tha postage was 5cents more than tha donation .....

............... I won't ask fer that 5cents, .... consider it as a tip ... :blink:

Archived