SASS Wire Forum

New Catagory

seven, #15837

Shooting a match clean anymore just doesn't seem worth what it used to be. Bragging rights I mean. Even the match winners are shooting the match clean. So, ya gotta be fast and clean. I like the concept. It makes better shooters, of all of us. Time for the New Catagory, "Sqeaky Clean." For this you have be within 50% of the winners time and clean.

Example: Winners overall time = 100.00

50% add-on = 50.00

To be Sqeaky Clean, you must be clean, and yer time UNDER 150.00 sec.

Or, no bragging rights fer you. But, nice start kid. Keep practicing.

Most of the clubs around here give some recognition for a clean match and we all look forward to collecting them.

Many closely track the number of clean matches they have had.

Seven, you bring up an interesting question though, stressing both speed and accuracy. A good thought. With your suggested guideline, generally folks would have to finish in the top 1/5 or 1/4 of the shooters. That is a good goal, but some categories would be at a disadvantage except for some top notch shooters. So maybe expand it to winning 1st or 2nd in their category as an option - even if they don't finish that close to the top overall?

Shooting a match clean anymore just doesn't seem worth what it used to be. Bragging rights I mean. Even the match winners are shooting the match clean. So, ya gotta be fast and clean. I like the concept. It makes better shooters, of all of us. Time for the New Catagory, "Sqeaky Clean." For this you have be within 50% of the winners time and clean.

Example: Winners overall time = 100.00

50% add-on = 50.00

To be Sqeaky Clean, you must be clean, and yer time UNDER 150.00 sec.

Or, no bragging rights fer you. But, nice start kid. Keep practicing.

I vote NO! ( I guess we're not voting bit I'm voting anyways) :blush:

A clean shoot ribbon or bragging rights is good enough.

Just for my own clarificatoin; you're not suggesthing a new "category", just adding requirements be added to earn a clean shoot award at the end of a match, right?

If that's the case, I think it's a good idea. Pretty much anybody can shoot a clean match if they don't care about their time. But the added requirement of speed adds a whole new dimention. Neat idea seven, mind if I take credit for it? :blush:

I disagree totally. To many, very fast times and clean matches happen with some regularity. Yet some of the elderly in this game never have a very fast time, and rarely shoot a clean match. Old eyes and reflexes won't get fast times and only occasional clean matches, even though we try our best to go fast. Small tokens of accomplishment are much appreciated in these cases.

We shoot this game to have fun. Let's keep it that way. Old guys/gals like recognition too. Remember, there are a heck of a lot more older and elderly shooting this game, than there are of the younger set.

RBK

You need to get out more............they already have that category in Florida. They have even added another category called Pipsqueaky clean (for the folks under 17). Of course at your age the category would be "Squeaky Clean 'cause my guns haven't been shot in so long, the oil dried up".

Just kidding ya old hermit.

Pretty much anybody can shoot a clean match if they don't care about their time.

Howdy

You think so??

I don't care about my time, yet I am lucky if I get one clean match per year. It ain't as easy as you might think.

Gents, least ones have forgotten, Col Dan many years ago created the The Stealth Bullet Shooting Society Want your name on the roster and not a ribbon but a great decal for bragging rights? - Join! And then put the decal on your cart for bragging rights!

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/M...ithStar1168.jpg

Howdy

You think so??

I don't care about my time, yet I am lucky if I get one clean match per year. It ain't as easy as you might think.

:wacko: Me , too , Driftwood. Even when I hit all the targets , I can easily manage to get a "P" for some brainfart. Clean match has been elusive lately.

Ever hopeful , Rex :ph34r:

:wacko::ph34r::excl::FlagAm::FlagAm:

At some matches where I write the stages, I've given out VCR tapes or CD of old westerns to the clean shooters.

Merry Christmas,

Mustang Gregg

Guest Joe West, SASS#1532 L Regulator

I tried to come up with some bonus for clean shooters for the monthly matches. But we already read out the clean shooters and give buttons, which as Marauder said are prized, so left it at that. Griffin highlights the names on the newsletter scores that shoot clean as well. I like shooting clean, when I shoot clean as a Frontiersman I feel like I've done something.

It might be something from my childhood though as a missed shot on a varmit was rewarded by a whipping. Hit a chicken, whipping. Don't take the shot, guess what, whipping. If you can make a shot on a moving target with a single shot Stevens loaded with one .22 short and sights covered with chicken #### shooting our targets seems easy but without that serious motivation it's hard to keep that focus for a whole match.

Hey let some old veteran beat em with a stick every time they miss and I bet we'll all be shooting clean in a month.

It just won't be fun.

Joe

LOL, I think I managed two clean STAGES this year! :blink:

Some time ago, I set up four Clean Match awards:

Below 200 sec, 200-299, 300-399, 400+. Made them each a different color pin as well. The bragging award is enhanced greatly as pards push their personal limits to not only shoot clean, but kick it up a notch. Was blessed outa my socks when a BP gunfighter pard shot clean and was really excited to have moved "up a notch" from his normal shooting. That is my kinda fun, seeing pards blessed and having fun!

One of our clubs in the Phoenix area, Cowtown, gives out leather chips that are worth $5 towards your entry fee at future matches for shooting clean. I got 11 of them this year which added towards my total of 28 clean matches and 13 non-clean matches for the year. Shooting 41 matches in a year adds up in match fees. You bet I like it when a club gives out monetary rewards for shooting clean. 2009 I had 30 clean and 11 non-clean matches. Guess it's just my thing, but I love shooting clean.

I'm not fast, and have never shot clean. I would like an award for shooting clean, without having to be close to the top shooter. I would rather get a clean shoot, and not fall to the bottom of the list.

I'm not fast, and have never shot clean. I would like an award for shooting clean, without having to be close to the top shooter. I would rather get a clean shoot, and not fall to the bottom of the list.

And there sir, is yer clean match award. For some of the more experienced shooters around, it ain't good enough any more. The standards are changing, the braging rights are moving up a notch or two. Squeaky Clean is a higher standard for those that can walk the walk. No offense to any clean shooter. Not to miss is a great thing, but to do it fast.... Well, that's pretty spectactular. A man on top of his game as it were. Besides, whoever said that there was only one level of a clean shoot award? giddy up

I agree on the "special" regconition. I might go for a hug, and a kiss on the cheek over the gold star; depending, of course, on who is doing the kissing....

Pretty sure yer gettin' a gold star.......IF you get anything :blush:

Archived