SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. You need to come to a match at Wartrace. https://www.wartraceregulators.com/ We shoot the first and third Saturday every month and you can see all kinds of guns in action and ask as many questions as you like. Some of us will even let you try our guns out to see what you like or don't like. Side note, there may not be a lot of people at the first Saturday match of May since a good number of Wartrace shooters will be participating in the Alabama State Championship Match. If you want to come down on Saturday May 4, you could catch 140 shooters in action at the Alabama State Match. I think it would be a 2-2/12 drive from the Nashville area. https://www.northalabamaregulators.com/
  3. Always thought it should be called “Soy juice”
  4. ▲ this is just one reason I never plan to leave the U.S. ever again (probably could say that about leaving The Republic, too) The last time I left I ended up with people shooting at me--trying to kill me! Almost succeded three times. This boy is staying home
  5. By default, email addresses are hidden. But, then you added it to your public profile under "Yahoo", allowing anybody to see it. As Marlin said, private information shouldn't be posted on a public profile.
  6. Howdy Ned, I just saw your reply to my post on the Square Deal B 45 Colt conversion. If you still have it I’ll take it! Please PM me your address to send the gold! 
    Thx,

Al

7. one thing about front sights--Ubeties and the like have very narrow front sights--many cowfolk will put an aftermarket one on that dramatically thickens them. another cost to consider
  8. If she's shooting two handed, be sure she's not letting her off hand or thumb put some drag on the cylinder. I've seen this happen recently but it wasn't a Ruger.
  9. @Colorado Coffinmaker has one, he can tell you more. I think he said it is identical to the Pedersoli and probably made by them.
  10. I'd like to accept this award and thank all my SALOON fans who watched my video.
  11. Don't buy anything till you attend a match or two. Ask to try other peoples firearms to see what feels right to you. Some pistols will point more naturally than others. Some people like birdshead grips some don't. Same for Bisley grips. Some prefer Rugers, some prefer SAA, and others prefer open tops. Barrel length is also a personal preference. You'll see barrel lengths as short as 2" to as long as 12". Same applies to rifles and shotguns. Tricked out heavily modified guns will not make you a top shooter. Properly tuned firearms and a lot of practice is what it takes. BTW some of us shoot for style points and compete to have the most fun.
  12. This is interesting. "Highland Pot Roast - 57 Prize-Winning Recipes, H. J. Heinz Company, 1957" Look at the portion sizes. Four ouces of beef, a small potato, maybe about a half cup of vegetables and mushrooms. A far cry from our modern serving sizes of 8 to 12 ounces of meat, if not more than a pound, two cups of potatoes, and the same of mixed vegetables.
  13. Have you read the Shooters Handbook? Attend a local match. All your questions can be easily answered at a match.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.