SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Cimmaron pistoleros, nice 4 click guns made by pietta, should fit in that budget, available in blue/ case hardened or nickel plated.
  3. Do you also have these items listed on Castboolits under another name? Ad reads exactly like this one. If not, someone is hijacking your listing. Sam Sackett
  4. At the rate we're "progressing," could be california in the not-too-distant future.
  5. And the opposite of fast. I hit the first tombstone a couple of times but too low. I should have shot my left gun first at the larger tombstones - saving my right for the small targets. But I got them all down and had one for dump.
  6. When I get home Sunday I’ll text you what I have if you are still looking. Dakota
  7. Today
  8. Cowboys & Girls. I give up. I just tried my cell phone, found old pictures and added some current ones. Now My F...ing phone says I am not me! If anybody is interested, please PM me with a cell # capable of receiving photos. Please indicate any specific area you would see. Thanks and Sorry for the confusion. C.W.
  9. Whats the weather lookin like there.Getting things loaded & ready.Want to leave outa here Sunday. Largo
  10. Same prompt with minor tweaking... Well now, partner, if you're lookin' to quicken your draw and shoot like a true gunslinger with them .38 Special Old Model Vaqueros, you've come to the right cowboy! Let me tell ya, speed in cowboy action shootin' ain't just about how fast you can pull that iron from your holster. It's a combination of skill, practice, and a whole lotta grit. First off, them Blackhawk and Bisley hammers on them Vaqueros can make a real difference in how fast you can cock that hammer and fire. Some folks swear by the Bisley style for a smoother action, while others prefer the traditional Blackhawk. It's all about findin' what works best for you and practicin' with it. Speaking of practice, ain't no substitute for puttin' in the time at the range. Work on your drawin' technique, aim, and trigger control until it's as natural as breathin'. Smooth is fast, they say, so focus on bein' smooth and accurate above all else. Now, your leather rig can also play a part in how quick you can get that gun out and on target. Make sure your holster fits your Vaqueros just right and allows for a clean, quick draw. And don't forget about your stance – a solid, balanced stance can help you control the recoil and get back on target faster for follow-up shots. So there you have it, partner. To get faster as a duelist shooter in cowboy action shootin', it's all about findin' the right gear, puttin' in the practice, and honin' your skills until you're as fast as greased lightning. Now go on and show 'em what you're made of out there on the range!
  11. I am placing this here, as, if true, affects some buying and selling on this site. I received the below from an auction house. I am not sure that their interpretation of "readily available" is the correct one. Anyone able to clarify? Hello David, Recent ATF regulation adaptations have clearly identified any firearm that is able to fire readily available modern centerfire or rim-fire ammunition is classified as a regulated firearm, regardless of age. Even if a single shot of modern ammunition would theoretically damage the firearm. 50-70 is still readily available for purchase. However this firearm is still C&R eligible. The 01, 03 FFL of your choice should have no problem acquiring this rifle in their bound book. Should we Proceed with the shipment to the FFL you provided? Thank you, Joshua
  12. Yall been dealing with NIAA every time yall talk to Widder, so I don't see why AI is much differnt
  13. "Carrot Pudding With Hard Sauce - Some Of My Favorite Good Things To Eat, By Martha Lee Anderson, Church & Dwight Co. Inc., 1940"
  14. From Ask AI I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying practicing and honing your shooting skills as an Old West enthusiast! Here are some tips and tricks that may help you shoot your Ruger Old Model Vaqueros in .38 Special a little faster: 1. **Practice, practice, practice**: Consistent practice is key to improving your speed and accuracy. Focus on building muscle memory and developing good shooting techniques. 2. **Grip and stance**: Ensure you have a proper grip on the gun and maintain a stable shooting stance. A good grip will help you control the recoil and minimize muzzle rise, allowing for faster follow-up shots. 3. **Smooth trigger control**: Work on your trigger control to ensure smooth and consistent trigger pulls. Jerking the trigger can lead to accuracy issues and slower shooting times. 4. **Shorten your trigger reset**: Work on minimizing the distance the trigger needs to travel to reset after each shot. This can help you take follow-up shots more quickly. 5. **Consider lighter springs**: Lightening the trigger and hammer springs can reduce the trigger pull weight, making it easier to shoot quickly. However, be cautious with this modification as it may affect the reliability of your revolver. 6. **Modified hammers**: Some shooters find that changing to a Blackhawk or Bisley hammer can improve their shooting speed due to the different shape and design of these hammers. These hammers may provide better access and leverage for faster cocking. 7. **Holster design**: Using a well-designed holster that allows for a smooth and quick draw can also help improve your shooting speed. Practice drawing from the holster to build muscle memory. 8. **Dry fire practice**: Practice dry firing your revolver to improve your trigger control, sight alignment, and overall shooting technique. This can be done safely at home and can help you focus on specific aspects of your shooting. Remember, any modifications you make to your firearms should be done carefully and with consideration for safety and reliability. It's always a good idea to consult with experienced shooters or gunsmiths before making significant changes to your firearms. Keep practicing, stay safe, and enjoy your time at the range!
  15. Acquired this fine .54 Trade Rifle from a collector of Green River Rifle Works (GRRW) rifles. His research, backed up by my own, indicates that this rifle was likely built from a GRRW kit by a skilled individual. Information and photos of examples can be found on the GRRW Collector website. The only markings on this is ".54" near breech. The stamp is identical to other examples of GRRW guns. Having no control over how well a builder would finish a kit, they did not put any of the markings found on factory built rifles, lest someone try to pass off a bad kit build as factory. This rifle has only minor handling marks and appears unfired. The 33"x1" heavy octagonal barrel has 1:66 twist and a mirror bore. The Tiger Maple stock has some nice figure. LOP is 13 7/8". The unmarked brass fittings are consistent with the commercially available parts GRRW used to keep up with production. The unmarked lock was made by Ron Long's shop under contract. Single trigger, which is correct for Trade Rifle. Rifle weighs about 8.86 lbs. A really beautiful gun. $1000 + Shipping.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.