SASS Wire Forum

Question about a particular sweep: WTC

Directions need to use language that is the same for everybody.  

If you call it a "Okie Washtub Sweep", or any other colloquial name, then PLEASE also include the target number sequence in the stage instruction. 

Edited by Dusty Devil Dale
  • Like 2

On 4/21/2024 at 1:43 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

For a 3 plate Nevada Sweep, a GUNFIGHTER could anchor their left (or right) pistol on the center plate (P2) for 1st shot, 3rd and 5th shot.

The other pistol would only have to shoot 2nd shot on P3 and then 4th shot on P1.   Or similar depending on which direction they

choose to go.

..........Widder

as a DOUBLE COCKING gunfighter, I would start in the center and do 3,4,3,2,3.  TADA! :)

Hugs!

Scarlett

• Like 2

I'm going to write a stage with a "litigious" sweep. That's where you have to pick someone else to represent you and pay them five bucks to use unnecessary words to confuse you and everyone else while you try and shoot the stage. There must be at least five objections to any misses, one motion to dismiss with prejudice if there is a procedural, and one defense rests at the last shot. All other confusion is subject to the imagination of the participants. :P:FlagAm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Carolina Gunslinger said:

I'm going to write a stage with a "litigious" sweep. That's where you have to pick someone else to represent you and pay them five bucks to use unnecessary words to confuse you and everyone else while you try and shoot the stage. There must be at least five objections to any misses, one motion to dismiss with prejudice if there is a procedural, and one defense rests at the last shot. All other confusion is subject to the imagination of the participants. :P:FlagAm:

I think you just invented a new team side match.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Scarlett said:

as a DOUBLE COCKING gunfighter, I would start in the center and do 3,4,3,2,3.  TADA! :)

Hugs!

Scarlett

Dang, it really really pains me to say it but this one time, and only one time, in this particular instance.....gulp "Scarlet is right." :lol:

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Dang, it really really pains me to say it but this one time, and only one time, in this particular instance.....gulp "Scarlet is right." :lol:

There'll be no livin' with her now...:lol:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

1.   You're behind the time, KK.   She was also right when she married Tommy Gun.

2.  She was right when she shot the Marlin.

3.  AND...... she Was right when she choose to shoot the Widdermatic...... ;)

..........Widder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

1.   You're behind the time, KK.   She was also right when she married Tommy Gun.

2.  She was right when she shot the Marlin.

3.  AND...... she Was right when she choose to shoot the Widdermatic...... ;)

..........Widder

I ain’t gonna acknowledge her being right too often….tends to make her hat fit tight and she pulls out her bullhorn more often. :lol: 

Kajun

• Haha 3

On 4/22/2024 at 3:48 PM, Scarlett said:

Hugs!

Scarlett

We had a stage last weekend Nevada sweep starting in the middle. Loved it.

kR

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 9:06 PM, Carolina Gunslinger said:

I'm going to write a stage with a "litigious" sweep. That's where you have to pick someone else to represent you and pay them…

“I’m your Huckleberry!”

I bill by the hour, though.

• Haha 3

On 4/23/2024 at 3:54 PM, Krazy Kajun said:

I ain’t gonna acknowledge her being right too often….tends to make her hat fit tight and she pulls out her bullhorn more often. :lol: 

Kajun

You’re TOO late, @Krazy Kajun! My hat done be on da stretcher already! @Boaz  and @Crazy Cryder got a LESSON at EOT! :P

And, @Widder, SASS #59054, I was right to shoot your Marlin in NC when I first met you! I was right to listen to you about shooting GF!

Hugs! 
Scarlett 

IMG_0788.thumb.jpeg.65a78657ed1b5654a515037c3a533de7.jpeg

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

You’re TOO late, @Krazy Kajun! My hat done be on da stretcher already! @Boaz  and @Crazy Cryder got a LESSON at EOT! :P

And, @Widder, SASS #59054, I was right to shoot your Marlin in NC when I first met you! I was right to listen to you about shooting GF!

Hugs! 
Scarlett 

See, I was right….didn’t take you long to get out your bullhorn. :P

Kajun

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2024 at 9:06 PM, Carolina Gunslinger said:

I might start a new thread (not today)... There might be something fun in this.

Edited by John Kloehr