SASS Wire Forum

Socks and Sandals

A couple of them look like they had a dual usage. After the march, at camp when they were freezing their...I mean when it was REAL cold, they had other uses.:ph34r:

I used to wear socks with slip on sandals when the weather cooled. I had a pair for use with socks and a pair for no socks. 
They looked similar to these. 
image.thumb.jpeg.2bb6d1406cc19ca2f39a60bf1a84930f.jpeg

• Like 2

They look just like tabis (pronounced tahbee) that are worn with Japanese sandals called zoris (pronounced zorree) that looked like flip flops. They were common when I lived in Japan in the late fifties. Apparently they’re a fashion item now. 

Edited by Abilene Slim SASS 81783
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Geez, I wear socks to bed!

That's weird.

When I went in for the, ah, rear view camera testing,  I tired to leave off the little socks they gave me.  I kept pushing them off, the staff kept putting them back on me.  

16 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Autumn in Oz 

435786642_776089467886994_3309009895866524163_n.thumb.jpg.61dda426c8f8d2006b10eddc1fd31a44.jpg

That is something I cannot do. Well, when I could wear flip-flops I couldn’t do the socks too. 
I went from those Birkenstock looking sandals to flip-flops in 2005. Once I got used to those I didn’t like the slip style. 
When I had a crash in ‘17 I had 2 surgeries on my right foot. I cannot wear sandals or flip-flops these days. Instead I were Sanuk sandal shoes. Comfortable and non-binding. 

My favorite style. 

image.thumb.jpeg.36cdc76aa857e19732c9ac34b3dafff8.jpeg

My wife bought me a pair of these. Sanuk Sidewalk Surfers. Perfect for all occasions…Well, any occasion I am showing up to. 
I have a pair like these, only they’re more blue. 
image.thumb.jpeg.9a82470fbc168112bb3a18581549431b.jpeg

3 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Geez, I wear socks to bed!

me too , otherwise my feet get cold - im not into uncomfortable any more , 

• Thanks 1