SASS Wire Forum

Horror

image.png.b22976ac4d81426cdb264552839f736b.png

The new Heritage Rough Rider Tactical Cowboy, modern day technology into an old classic world. 

Someone needs an ass whipping for this abomination 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Get one of those "tactical lever actions", and use it to beat to death whoever dreamed this thing up.

• Like 3

I hope they hold their hand tight around the cylinder gap so they get a good seal when they pull the trigger

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Oak Ridge Regulator said:

I hope they hold their hand tight around the cylinder gap so they get a good seal when they pull the trigger

Details, details.:o

I think these guns are great. I don’t want one, but guns like these introduce younger people to the joys of single action revolvers. 

I have encountered a few younger guys in their early 20’s that bought one or two of these “atrocious” single action revolvers or tacti-cool lever guns. After buying those they went on to buy more traditional SA revolvers or lever guns. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Details, details.:o

If you take a look at a revolver that has been shot a lot ( esp a high power revolver) you often notice the top strap right above the mouth of the barrel will actually look like it’s been partially cut. Well it has and that caused by VERY hot high velocity gas escaping between the mouth of the barrel and the cylinder face. You DO NOT want your hand blocking that gas, ( it cuts steel imagine what it will do to your hand )most revolvers are capable of causing severe burns or gas cutting of soft flesh even at cowboy velocity. Anyone interested enough to put a silencer on a gun with a gap between the chamber and the barrel probably needs to learn that lesson because there going to have a serious sound leak

• Like 1

Although I Iean towards agreeing with Pat Riot, the gun does earn a BARF emoji in this thread.

2 hours ago, Oak Ridge Regulator said:

If you take a look at a revolver that has been shot a lot ( esp a high power revolver) you often notice the top strap right above the mouth of the barrel will actually look like it’s been partially cut. Well it has and that caused by VERY hot high velocity gas escaping between the mouth of the barrel and the cylinder face. You DO NOT want your hand blocking that gas, ( it cuts steel imagine what it will do to your hand )most revolvers are capable of causing severe burns or gas cutting of soft flesh even at cowboy velocity. Anyone interested enough to put a silencer on a gun with a gap between the chamber and the barrel probably needs to learn that lesson because there going to have a serious sound leak

Mythbusters tested it some time back using ballistic gel fingers, and it was so bad that apparently youtube won't show it. Buy Jerry Miculek shows here what can happen substituting a hotdog for the finger.

4 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Mythbusters tested it some time back using ballistic gel fingers, and it was so bad that apparently youtube won't show it. Buy Jerry Miculek shows here what can happen substituting a hotdog for the finger.

I've seen pictures of someone that kept their finger in the cylinder gap area of a S & W 500. Wasn't pretty...I'm real sure that he won't do that again...ever.