SASS Wire Forum

Hey, let's find a really good email outfit.

I liked Juno until they became a teen-age artsy-fartsy group.  Tried a few others and have gmail now....but I'm not really happy with it.

Who can recommend something simple, easy to use, and reliable that doesn't cost a new rifle every month.

Edited by Forty Rod SASS 3935

What’s wrong with Gmail! I’m pretty happy with them,

• Like 1

I haven't had any issues with Yahoo mail. I pay for one account to keep it going with no advertising and have a couple free sub accounts. It was $20/year, but has gone up. Can't rightly recall how much.

46 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I haven't had any issues with Yahoo mail. I pay for one account to keep it going with no advertising and have a couple free sub accounts. It was $20/year, but has gone up. Can't rightly recall how much.

Gmail is free. Just sayin…..

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Gmail is free. Just sayin…..

True, but for an email I don't use, I get over a hundred spam emails a day on it in my phone that needed it to set up!! Mostly what they call "promotions". Only a few a week on my Yahoo accounts.

3 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

True, but for an email I don't use, I get over a hundred spam emails a day on it in my phone that needed it to set up!! Mostly what they call "promotions". Only a few a week on my Yahoo accounts.

Wow never had that experience at all! I have 2 gmail accounts one with my Cowboy alias and the other with my real name. I get a few spam emails but they go in my spam folder or whatever you call it,

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

41 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Wow never had that experience at all! I have 2 gmail accounts one with my Cowboy alias and the other with my real name. I get a few spam emails but they go in my spam folder or whatever you call it,

It's that Promotions folder mostly. I don't even look at em anymore! Always 99+ and I delete them. The normal Social folder isn't too bad.

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

It's that Promotions folder mostly. I don't even look at em anymore! Always 99+ and I delete them. The normal Social folder isn't too bad.

Promotions folder??? I don’t have that! :o

2 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Promotions folder??? I don’t have that! :o

Huh! Mine are, Primary, Promotions, & Social. Maybe because it's part of the phone.

24 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Huh! Mine are, Primary, Promotions, & Social. Maybe because it's part of the phone.

I get emails on my phone and computer and no promotions folders on either. 

4 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I like gmail. My. Complaint is that I frequently get “you have. Used 99% of your storage…” and they want me to buy more. I purge my mail and never get it below 90%. There is no way to find the piggies.

If you use Outlook from Microsoft and have it connect to your g-mail account you can view your e-mails and include information such as from, to, size, date sent, priority, attachments, etc.  You can then sort on the e-mails by size and see which one have bulky attachments or are just big, and decide whether to keep or delete.  You can save older e-mails off line to a folder on your computer, with attachments, and can reload them to your e-mail tool if needed.

If you g into g-mail on the web there will be sub categories such as promotions and the like that g-mail flags for you and you can delete them off the web based tool.

SC

I have an iPhone but I do not use the Apple email except for my Apple account. 
I use Yahoo email.  I have used it for over 25 years. 
I also have a Gmail account. It has taken me 3 years to get myself clear of Google and Gmail. I despise all things Google. 
BUT I started using DuckDuckGo instead of Google for searches. One day they, DDG, offered me email that removed trackers and cookies. How it works is you use your regular email account, but your email address is (your email name)@ duck.com, not (your email name) @Yahoo.com.

Your email shows up in your Yahoo account but DDG removes all the trackers. They clean your email. 
Oh, also I pay $1 a month to keep Yahoo ad free on my iPhone. 

6 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Too many functions, unable to master sending emails, generally overly complicated.

That’s strange, I find it easy to use on my phone and computer. I’ve tried yahoo and others but Gmail is the easiest to use for me. I have an Apple phone and computer. I don’t know if that makes a difference or not. (???)

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

I'm another gMail user. My setup has some complexity, but I find it easy to use.

I point mail for my domains (I have several) to gmail servers so folks just send mail to my domain. Gmail has good but not perfect spam filters. I do not read mail on gMail servers, I use the mail Apple mail app on my phone and Thunderbird on my computers. With this setup, I never see the google ads when reading mail. Of course I do see targeted ads on any web site running google adworks.

Over the years, I have created a lot of folders in Thunderbird and they show up on all devices automatically; they also show up in google mail on the rare occasion I actually log in there. All my mail is synced on all devices.

I use Thunderbird message filters to put lots of incoming mail into the folders as I download them. Most of my mail is what we call spam (even though I "signed up for it" by buying something, I have folders for firearms junk mail, general junk mail, forums, and other categories. Maintenance is then pretty easy, mail from some new (to me) vendor I just bought something from shows up in my inbox, I add the "from" address to the correct filter, and it never shows up in my inbox again.

Every now and then, I go into the folders and delete all but the most recent arrivals. And if I am looking for something, I can go into the folder to actually search for what I seek.

Every now and then I do unsubscribe from something, but having filters and folders makes doing so a low priority.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Okay I checked and it's weird I have "promotions" on my computer but not on my phone. Now that's kind strange. There was only two emails on there from months ago. NRA and SAF and that's it. Weird!:o

• Like 1