SASS Wire Forum

Gotta love UPS

Alpo

I have this package. It's due to arrive sometime between Thursday and Tuesday.

Tonight at 7:30 I get to notice. My package is out for delivery and it's due to arrive by 8:00.

So I go to the UPS site and I check, and my package has been out for delivery since 11:00 this morning, but they didn't notify me until 7:30 tonight. And I go look at the door and it's not there. And I go look again at 8:00 and it's not there. Or at 8:15 or at 8:30. I go back to the UPS site, and it is now supposed to arrive Monday.

I guess 8:00 is quitting time for UPS, and since they hadn't delivered all their stuff yet, they just take the truck back and let that wait till tomorrow. Which, since this is Saturday, will be Monday.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Amazon has done that to me countless times. 

Adding on, USPS hasn’t shown up here for two days. How do I know? I had mail in the box with the flag up. I’m guessing that if a letter carrier doesn’t show up for work, there’s no one to cover the route.  

Kansas conceal/carry renewals are required to be sent certified mail to Topeka, a distance of 60 miles from my house. It took 11 days for mine to arrive   Yet a first class envelope sent to a pard in rural Kansas 235 miles away took only two days. 

:wacko:

I ordered stuff that was shipped by UPS.  I'll be expecting delivery and checking their website.  Then I will see that it says it was delivered.  But, I don't have it and I've been home all day waiting for it.  I'm thinking those idiots have lost my package or delivered it to the wrong house.  Turns out they often drop off small packages at the local post office for the final leg of the journey.  The mail lady delivers it the next day.  

I bought an air conditioner last summer. It came FedEx.

I got a notification that it had been delivered, so I go look at the front door and sure enough it's sitting there next to my door.

On the FedEx website it said that I signed for it.

Now, I don't know if there was a signature required. I don't see why there would be. But I certainly didn't sign for it.

Not everything sold on Amazon is fulfilled by Amazon.  A lot of orders are sold and fulfilled by a third party. Those items are not delivered by Amazon.

Amazon has about 100 warehouses in USA. Also many, many other buildings related to sorting and delivering stuff. I caught a glimpse of 5he delivery route a few times. Some things I order come from a warehouse in Massachusetts, some from farther away like New Jersey. A truck coming from NJ makes many stops on the way here. Amazon estimates delivery before 10pm but often the semi gets delayed and suddenly the ETA changes to tomorrow.

• Like 1

I ordered a backpack last year in Oct and was told they were sold out but would fill the order as soon as the next shipment came in. I am still waiting so I called this past week and was told it was shipped out via USPS on December 16 and it still showed in transit so they won't consider it lost. So I am supposed to just wait until USPS decides to either deliver it or mark it as lost before they will replace it. 

TM

I have  never had a problem with Amazon. I never order from them. Plus I do not think they ship by canoe in the Allagash.

Edited by Texas Jack Black

I love the messages that say "your package is arriving early", then it's 3 days late!

The first few times I got that message that said YOUR PACKAGE IS ARRIVING EARLY, I thought it meant that it would show up at 10:00 in the morning instead of 4:00 in the afternoon. :D

5 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Not everything sold on Amazon is fulfilled by Amazon.  A lot of orders are sold and fulfilled by a third party. Those items are not delivered by Amazon.

True, but I live in a charmed area: an Amazon hub is just six miles away and have had a order placed at mid afternoon delivered within eleven hours.  It's usuall here in three days max.

our amazon deliveries get here [sorta] and my wife gets a photo of where they left it - sometimes its in a really obscure place if you look at where the door is and the driveway , and the mailbox , some drivers are really lazy , some put it right at the door - the door is only 50 ft from the drive , i dont blame them if they leave it at the approach to the house to avoid the dog that gets really agitated when they come but thats half way from the drive - e have a bridge from the walk to the door - about 20 feet ,