SASS Wire Forum

The LONE RANGER debuts

T.K.

January 30, 1933 on WXYZ in Detroit.  The LONE RANGER first aired and became part of American Culture.

Hi Yo Silver! 

Edited by T.K.
Fat fingers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've never been quite sure whether he said HI OH or HI YO.

But I am quite positive I never heard a second H.

Hi Ho?? Naaawwww.

The seven dwarfs said hi ho, but not kemosabe.

Rossini's "William Tell" opera overture would never again be heard or thought of like it was prior to the debut of the "Lone Ranger" series!

(And that parade worthy Bohlin gear he and Silver wore; just the best!)

Edited by Jackson Haller
  • Like 1

In the insane asylum the doctor was testing one of the patients. Wanted to see if he was sane and could be released to the general public.

So doctor brings in eight naked women. One facing the patient, the next one facing away from the patient, the third one facing the patient, the fourth one facing away, the fifth one facing the patient, and the 6th 7th and 8th ones were facing away.

And the doctor ask the patient, "What do you see there?"

The patient replied, "The Lone Ranger".

Astonished, the doctor asked, "How do you possibly see The Lone Ranger?"

And the patient pointed at each individual woman, while saying,

TITTIE RUMP TITTIE RUMP TITTIE RUMP RUMP RUMP!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Like 2

i remember listening on the radio and watching on the TV in those days long ago , but i remember a lot of radio shows back then , its what my grandfather and i shared a love of radio , i have two of those old family radios from the 20s here today - have not fired them up in recent years but they still work and i have a suitcase dull of old vacume tubes to keep them running here as well , its weird to hear modern music and such coming out of them tho , 

the early TV was a lot of me not understanding that they only broadcast in certain time periods back then , the transition from B&W to color was another tuff transition as by then B&W was more consistent than the color was - irritated a kid when they had to keep adjusting all the time to get a good picture - and they were never a good picture or color rendition , let alone all the fiddlin with the antenna , and my folks had that remote control that adjusted the rooftop antenna back then , my grandfolks had to go up and manually adjust it , we have had it good since then 

The Lone Ranger and Tonto were suddenly confronted by 100 hostile Indians. The Lone Ranger asked Tonto.” What should we do Kemosabe?” Tonto said “ What are you talking about White Man”?

A little known fact...

A 27 year old Keith Richards played rhythm guitar in the original recording of the William Tell Overture recording.

Tell everyone that you heard it here first.

Disclaimer - May have factual inaccuracies in the above statement.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

A little known fact...

A 27 year old Keith Richards played rhythm guitar in the original recording of the William Tell Overture recording.

Who could possibly doubt such a likely statement!! :o :rolleyes:

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

A little known fact...

Did you actually mean the original recording, which was probably around 1880, or did you mean the original playing, which was 1829?

• Haha 1

Rossini actually sought Kieth Richards’ input on the composition!  It’s rumored that the bass line in the original rendering came from this consultation!!

• Haha 2

If you haven't already, you need to read Clayton Moore's biography called, "I was that Masked Man".  It is a fantastic read.