SASS Wire Forum

Military Meme's

PowderRiverCowboy

image.thumb.jpeg.695454874aad5953f064833e6084e80b.jpeg

WTH is up with these stupid ****ing so-called battle cries by the Army and Navy. I knew about the Marine “Oorah” for a long time, but now I see the Navy supposedly has a call of Hooyah? Bull Crap!

My guess is a bunch of whiney douchbag new ensigns and 2nd lieutenants got dare wittle feewings huht because Marines had a battle cry and they didn’t. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

image.thumb.jpeg.695454874aad5953f064833e6084e80b.jpeg

WTH is up with these stupid ****ing so-called battle cries by the Army and Navy. I knew about the Marine “Oorah” for a long time, but now I see the Navy supposedly has a call of Hooyah? Bull Crap!

My guess is a bunch of whiney douchbag new ensigns and 2nd lieutenants got dare wittle feewings huht because Marines had a battle cry and they didn’t. 

Don't know about the Navy, but the Army "hooah" has been around as long as the Marines cry.  I can remember it from about 40 years ago, just never thought much of it.

• Thanks 1

We were living on the Marine air station at Iwakuni in May of 1959. On May Day that year, a bunch of commies rioted at the base entrance, so the base fire department turned the hoses on them. Thus ended the riot. Seems we could resurrect that tactic for some of today’s antics. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Redleg Reilly, SASS #46372 said:

Don't know about the Navy, but the Army "hooah" has been around as long as the Marines cry.  I can remember it from about 40 years ago, just never thought much of it.

Thanks. I can tell that 40 years ago there was no Navy “battle cry”. Now if they said the battle cry was “LIBERTY CALL” then I would say “Damn Straight!” :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

image.jpeg.a8106955540e3a2ee3cbc6112cba6596.jpeg

Company we hire from trucking , Had tickets for the Local Hockey game (they suck the last couple years but Hey )
 So veterans day In a Air Farce town took my Girls and you know that Bear meme of looking then looking away ?
Well that was them looking at me last night when they announced their "Heros" one was a Airman First Class her big accomplishment was She was airman of the Qtr :)  and the other had "deployments to Qatar and Kuwait LOL and one to Iraq well Air Force in Iraq and Afghanistan Didnt even have to carry weapons >

I was 13 months into a 15 month deployment Tal Afar / Mosul /Sinjar nasty area  and finally taking R&R (back To Germany ) You get the dont drink on plane safety brief in Kuwait and well Going to Germany to fly out of Kuwait International Airport they drop you off in Civvies and tell you blend in Umm okay about that I am White and in Jeans and these Kuwaitis Go shopping at they Mall Airport at 10pm at night in pressed white man dresses with their family dont think I will fit in waiting 5-6 hours 
 Anyway back to the Flight  was on a Lufthansa (great airline ) Beer and wine rolling down the aisle before the wheels are up .  I look at my XO he grabs a couple beers , I was across from some Air Force chick e-5 and when I ordered 2 beers , she was like hey "safety brief " said no drinking and so on I need you name rank Unit ect so when I get to my next duty station in Qatar I can report you .LOL  Okay buttercup let me know how that works out for you .
  My Xo overheard her and was Shut the hell up I am His XO (He's  in full beard no hair cut in months ) and He just spent over a year in the (at the time ) nastiest part of Iraq there is kicking doors and clicking triggers If he wants 20 beers he can damn well have them and you mind your own business . She was pretty quiet the rest of the flight 

Edited by PowderRiverCowboy
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

image.jpeg.e3f61f663ad9616e3d0918c2f244abba.jpeg

I had to correct a civilian on IG that said the US Military would protect him from the Government :) as we swore to do so .

Not one place in the Oath of Enlistment does State "Protect the Citizens of the United States "

as most already know it does state " Against ALL enemies Foreign and domestic " 

Edited by PowderRiverCowboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

I had to correct a civilian on IG that said the US Military would protect him from the Government :) as we swore to do so .

Not one place in the Oath of Enlistment does State "Protect the Citizens of the United States "

as most already know it does state " Against ALL enemies Foreign and domestic " 

Exactly!

I was going to say something similar to that, but I have learned that sometimes less is more in online forums. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

m1.jpg

When my ship made it to the 120 day mark in the IO during Carter’s Folly (Iran Hostage fiasco) we each got 2 beers. Budweiser or Colt 45 Malt Liquor. I took one of each. First and last time drinking malt liquor. Yuck! But it was cold and had alcohol in it. ;)

• Like 2