SASS Wire Forum

Jerry Miculek's new world record

J-BAR #18287

9 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Some BATF agent is trying to figure out a way to make Jerry's trigger finger illegal.

You just know somewhere there's somebody who's trying to figure out how to make practice and training illegal.

2 or 3 years back I heard comments from a news article talking about how stuff like we do, cowboy action competition, should be considered by the government, training for the militia.

7 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

...A true gentleman who is always willing to help a shooter out.

I've watched plenty of his videos and read about him in numerous articles and everyone pretty much says the same thing about him. A true gentleman.

As he has the best job in the whole world I'm sure that contributes to his good nature. :D

He is a joy to watch.

I am always impressed by him, and he certainly seems like a genuinely nice guy. I would absolutely love for him to give our sport a try.

Before I started Cowboy Action Shooting in 2002, I shot a bunch of Sportsman Team Challege for many years in the 90's.  During that time I had the pleasure to shoot with Jerry many times and as already stated he was always a class act.  He was a member of the Smith and Wesson 3-person team.  During this time I also got to shoot with some other folks you may recognize: Mike Plaxco, Rob Latham, Brian Enos, Doug Konig, Jim Clack and his sister Kay Clark-Miculek who is Jerry's Wife.  We were all a lot younger back then.

18 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Some BATF agent is trying to figure out a way to make Jerry's trigger finger illegal.

Not illegal, just a $200 tax stamp and his finger needs to be secured until until the background check is complete.

Archived