SASS Wire Forum

Yul Lose

Rustler and Buck Garrett.

IMG_1253.jpeg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me shooting a stage in the warm-up match.  What I learned was that the R&P targets can be engaged with point shooting, the SG targets are small and distant.  One needs to aim at them or they will be missed.

You’ve heard of the 3 Amigos? Now you have The 3 Peters

IMG_1256.jpeg

Two of my favorite lady shooters, Sassy Kitty and Fireball Rainey.

IMG_1259.jpeg

Cajon Cowboys Match Director Clint Steele and his right hand lady Sassy Kitty.

IMG_1260.jpeg

I’d hate to see this place when it’s busy. Not even half full and very noisy.

El Lazo from the central coast.

IMG_1261.jpeg

I’m on Posse 6 so our safety meeting is at 7:00 and start shooting at 7:30. 4 stages today 11,12,9and 10.

Here are the stages to give you an idea. They only have six bays so there are 2 stage set ups in each bay.

Notice the shotgun set up and instructions on Stage9. I love being able to take down multiple SG targets with one shot and this stage is set up to do so.

IMG_1262.jpeg

IMG_1264.jpeg

IMG_1263.jpeg

IMG_1265.jpeg

Trainwreck Stage12.

On Stage 9 I took 3 knockdowns down with my first shot and used one more on the last one, I use a 16 gauge. One guy on our posse used 5 shots to knock them down.

IMG_1264.jpeg

Why we call him Trainwreck

9 hours ago, Cholla said:

The OK Cafe is SASS central this morning!

Excellent dining before 2 PM.  Another favorite spot.

22 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

You’ve heard of the 3 Amigos? Now you have The 3 Peters

IMG_1256.jpeg

It’s TRAINWRECK!! Please tell them all that I send a hug. To YOU, Yul, I send a hug and a kiss! 

Hugs, 

Scarlett

RJ and Molly McRuger

IMG_1296.jpeg

Packing the house at Big Nose Kates for Karaoke night.

IMG_1300.jpeg

The wind was blowing lightly out of the west for the late afternoon wave.  I heard the wind was dead calm at 7 AM with the BP shooters posting some long times.  I was careful to aim at the shotgun targets and they all went down with one shot.  However, my SG shells are loaded fairly heavily.

The bartender at Big Nose Kates, if I lived here I’d start drinking again.

IMG_1304.jpeg

The woodworkers here should lust after the worlds largest rose bush. We are staying in a suite that opens to it. The trunk is feet across and the canopy covers 8000 square feet. 

IMG_0168.jpeg

11 hours ago, Cholla said:

The OK Cafe is SASS central this morning!

We’re headed there in the morning before we tour the courthouse museum.

1 hour ago, Scarlett said:

It’s TRAINWRECK!! Please tell them all that I send a hug. To YOU, Yul, I send a hug and a kiss! 

Hugs, 

Scarlett

Yep, he’s the middle Peter. He’s on my posse I’ll pass it along, do I really gotta hug him?

Watching Young Guns II at the Crystal Palace.

IMG_1295.jpeg

5 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Nice work with the Lightning.  

This match is made for a Lightning, Lassiter, Boaz and maybe 1 or 2 more are running them.

45 minutes ago, Go West said:

It's great to be back again at BT. I hope you all are having a good time shooting and enjoying yourselves.

When Too Tall Bob invited me when I visited last year I knew I had to make it. It’s absolutely the best venue for a CAS match and the stages are over the top FUN.

Couple of suggestions for today:

The OK Corral reenactment on Allen Street. Best bang for the buck and historically accurate. Plus if the ladies go along one   of the actors is a dead ringer for Sam Elliott and is happy to entertain picture requests. Another looks very much like Kurt Russell, but "Sam" gets the most attention from the ladies.

Tombstone Epitaph newspaper on 5th just off Allen. You can get a copy of the paper that came out the day after OK Corral shooting, with eyewitness statements. Might be a buck or two a copy. We subscribe so we get a free one.

Across the street from the Epitaph is the Spirit of the West Ranch, and olde western art gallery set up like a saloon. The owner/artist, Jimmy Green, does remarkable acrylic paintings from westerns. Jimmy also is an extra in many western film projects, and has got to be friends with Michael Biehn, who drops in to visit now and then (actually his work has been signed by many western actors). Jimmy does the art and wife Kathy(who also designs/makes period correct ladies items) keeps things humming behind the scenes. Both great folks to visit with. Tell them Lawdog and Shortcake sent you. Or just Shortcake since she spends more there than me.:D Just knock on the door and you won't want to leave.

Breakfast at the OK Cafe

IMG_1306.jpeg

The Courthouse Museum wagons and mining equipment.

IMG_1310.jpeg

IMG_1308.jpeg

IMG_1309.jpeg

Archived