SASS Wire Forum

Primers at pre-COVID prices — it’s real.

Cholla

I just bought 1,000 Remington small rifle primers at Sportsman’s Warehouse for $26 out the door. I am still in shock. 

And they are bench rest as well. I will live in my fantasy land for a little while and dream of $19.99 powder and primers so plentiful that they were on the shelf.

5 minutes ago, Renegade Plowboy said:

How many thousands did you buy? You should go back and buy more! 

Just a brick of 1000. That's all I need for my .223 Savage.

7 minutes ago, Cholla said:

Just a brick of 1000. That's all I need for my .223 Savage.

For that price I’d be buying some for my small primer needs for Cowboy. That is if’n you use small primer ammo. 

3 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Remingtons were more than $28 pre-covid.

He didn't stipulate how much pre-Covid he was figuring!

22 hours ago, Cholla said:

And they are bench rest as well. I will live in my fantasy land for a little while and dream of $19.99 powder and primers so plentiful that they were on the shelf.

No need to dream about the powder.  SW is selling American Select for $19.97/lb.  This is useful powder for CAS.

image.png.a9ff50e07b4eb609de90e84a8e2e11f0.png

10 hours ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

No need to dream about the powder.  SW is selling Amercian Select for $19.97/lb.  This is useful powder for CAS.

image.png.a9ff50e07b4eb609de90e84a8e2e11f0.png

What or where is SW?  Have a link?

Jack,

SW is Sportman’s Warehouse. 

Here is a link:

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gear-gun-supplies/reloading-equipment-supplies/powder/alliant-american-select-smokeless-powder-1lb-can/p/308226

Mine says No Ship to home available (in store only). 

Vic

26 minutes ago, Yellowstone Vic SASS#32968 said:

Jack,

SW is Sportman’s Warehouse. 

Here is a link:

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gear-gun-supplies/reloading-equipment-supplies/powder/alliant-american-select-smokeless-powder-1lb-can/p/308226

Mine says No Ship to home available (in store only). 

Vic

Don't believe their website as far as availability and items in stock. If you want to find out if an item is in stock, call...unless you just want to get out and waste time and fuel. Same thing with Academy Sports...call.

21 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

In all honesty that had to have been an error in your favor.  Locally at Sportsman's they are $58.  Remingtons were more than $28 pre-covid.

I was buying Remingtons at Sportsman's online for around $22 in Feb. and March of 2020, store pick-up.

I've already bought 2-lbs of American Select from my local Sportsmans Warehouse and hope to buy more.  It's next to a Costco so this is a routine shopping destination for me.  BE-86 is also on sale for $19.96 a pound (but I don't reload with it).

Archived