SASS Wire Forum

Computer Problem

Gracos Kid

I replaced my older computer because when I click on to the SASS Wire and several other regular sites each would open immediately, but within a few seconds the mouse would freeze, the site would indicate "this page is not responding", with the option to "wait" or "exit page".    I thought maybe it was just my 13-year old system dying, so a new computer was purchased.  I now have the same issue with the new setup.  My computer tech verified that it was not my old or new computer that was the problem, so I had a technician from AT&T here today.  They too were unable to determine the problem.  I thought it strange that it works fine for me on sites that are not in any way gun related, but those with anything to do with firearms seems to be the issue.  Yet it now occurs when my wife is on embroidery and quilting sites.  I'm using Microsoft Edge.   Anyone else had an issue where "this page is not responding" , and any ideas as to the cause?      Thanks for your thoughts....

Open the sight in Firefox, Google Chrome or Microsoft edge and brave.Also try opening it in edge with internet explorer mode enabled  see what it works in then use that

46 minutes ago, Gracos Kid said:

I replaced my older computer because when I click on to the SASS Wire and several other regular sites each would open immediately, but within a few seconds the mouse would freeze, the site would indicate "this page is not responding", with the option to "wait" or "exit page".    I thought maybe it was just my 13-year old system dying, so a new computer was purchased.  I now have the same issue with the new setup.  My computer tech verified that it was not my old or new computer that was the problem, so I had a technician from AT&T here today.  They too were unable to determine the problem.  I thought it strange that it works fine for me on sites that are not in any way gun related, but those with anything to do with firearms seems to be the issue.  Yet it now occurs when my wife is on embroidery and quilting sites.  I'm using Microsoft Edge.   Anyone else had an issue where "this page is not responding" , and any ideas as to the cause?      Thanks for your thoughts....

How do you get your internet service?  Dial up, DSL, cable modem, fiber optic, satellite or?  What is your download speed?

Microsoft Edge Sucks. On my laptop I go through Google Chrome. 

Gun sites with Edge were quirky, like kind of on purpose quirky. 

I use Firefox with zero problems with almost any site.

1 hour ago, DeaconKC said:

I use Firefox with zero problems with almost any site.

Same here...Foxfire on an IMAC...Works pretty much all time...Did use Chrome but seem to get slow doing things...Went back to Foxfire and run very well for me...Cable hook up...When cable company offers faster speed I more up....So far running very happy....

Texas Lizard

As others have said, try another browser, or an updated version of what you’ve been using. You should also clear the browser memory/cache. Then close all those programs you’re not using, but are probably still running and using up processor power. If those don’t do it, shut everything off including your wi-fi router. Then restart everything, starting with the router. 

I never have problems with my IMac , I highly recommend it!

Archived