SASS Wire Forum

Funny Photos - add some.

Pat Riot

Sorry Pat! I found it pretty damned funny!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

image.jpeg.acf682f86987040cf942e1a02ec6b3e2.jpeg

This gator is fishing for breakfast. Boat Lure. It’s what all the Pros are using this year. 
image.jpeg.d9e68c6a965f1da4629d672e8be9d600.jpeg

This kid has aspirations. 
image.jpeg.0c223fb6f2ea56ed4fd41db16282e13b.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

These are the same people who don't have Iced Tea in Winter. Avoid them.

When I first heard of this book

41fifwAdIHL._AC_.jpg

The author was explaining how you knew if you were a southern belle. Two things stuck with me - she had a list.

One was if you were in your fifties and you still called your father Daddy.

And another one was ordering iced tea in a blizzard.

She said that she was visiting some friends in New York City one time, and there was a blizzard blowing, and she and her friends went into this restaurant to get out of the snow and the cold. She noticed that half of her friends ordered coffee, and the other half ordered hot chocolate, while she ordered iced tea. That was when she realized that she was a southern belle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Alpo said:

When I first heard of this book

41fifwAdIHL._AC_.jpg

The author was explaining how you knew if you were a southern belle. Two things stuck with me - she had a list.

One was if you were in your fifties and you still called your father Daddy.

And another one was ordering iced tea in a blizzard.

She said that she was visiting some friends in New York City one time, and there was a blizzard blowing, and she and her friends went into this restaurant to get out of the snow and the cold. She noticed that half of her friends ordered coffee, and the other half ordered hot chocolate, while she ordered iced tea. That was when she realized that she was a southern belle.

During my misspent youth in The Marines, I had the misfortune to be stationed at the Naval Air Station in Weymouth Mass. Weymouth is South of Boston a bit. Being a proud Redneck, I always used to order Iced Tea when out to dinner. I can't count how many upturned nosed waiters and waitresses told me that they didn't have Iced Tea because it was Winter and not Iced Tea season. I can't tell you how many, but it was the same number of places that I walked out of.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

These are the same people who don't have Iced Tea in Winter. Avoid them.

Now, see, that’s painting with a really broad Yankee profiling brush. I can guarantee you in the country parts of some Yankee states if you ask for iced tea any time of year you will hear “Do you want sweet or unsweetened, Hon?”

Also, anyone that will not eat ice cream in the winter is someone to steer clear of ‘cause they’re pretty really mean people. The kind that put a hair in their milk and poke holes in the assorted chocolates at Christmas. :P

Edited by Pat Riot
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2