SASS Wire Forum

Funny Photos - add some.

Pat Riot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 12 cylinder motorcycle. 1 cylinder per chainsaw. ;)

image.jpeg.9e7fd83002799c8ef339595ebfb2a7fb.jpeg

What would you call this? A Choooooppppperrrrr?

image.jpeg.cfd60949b2e5f31ba3d2311b4602adb2.jpeg

image.jpeg.572a9c3c8ba27128687a99ba8f140a23.jpeg

Edited by Pat Riot
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

I'd call the hardtail "back problems".   

Yeah, no kidding. I rode a hardtail once. It belonged to a friend of mine. We swapped bikes for a little while one day. Ape hangers and a hardtail. Neither appeals to me. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Ape hangers never appealed to me either! Looks or driving! Did have a hardtail BSA and a Sportster chop for a bit though. Couldn't do either now, somehow I got old and now ride a road sofa!

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Alpo said:

My understanding is that a hardtail motorcycle does not have any shocks on the rear wheel.

I could be wrong about that.

True.

Older M/C's had spring mounted seats and balloon tires to absorb the shock. The ones above have the seat mounted directly to the frame so the shock that is not absorbed by the rear tire goes straight to your back!:wacko:

Even though my '46 Indian has "spring shocks" in the rear, the rear tire will still leave the pavement on uneven roads. Think a segmented concrete freeway. That could be painful without the spring mounted seat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

True.

Older M/C's had spring mounted seats and balloon tires to absorb the shock. The ones above have the seat mounted directly to the frame so the shock that is not absorbed by the rear tire goes straight to your back!:wacko:

Even though my '46 Indian has "spring shocks" in the rear, the rear tire will still leave the pavement on uneven roads. Think a segmented concrete freeway. That could be painful without the spring mounted seat.

The one I road had a solid frame. The “tractor seat” had these things that probably were springs at one time. The front forks were raked out a bit. It had a springer front end but I don’t think it helped my. 
My friend who had that Harley was the head of security for the aerospace company we worked at. His guys called him a “hard @$$”.  
I am sure they were right. I only made it a few miles on that thing before my hands were numb and my back was giving me fits. 
Easy Rider my butt!

• Sad 2