SASS Wire Forum

1,000,000 lb Load

Sedalia Dave

50 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

One million pounds?  Does that include the trailer?  No worries about someone stealing it when you stop for the night.

I don't know.  If they were driving through Chicago I'd wouldn't be surprised if it was gone before morning along with all the tires.

1 hour ago, Matthew Duncan said:

I don't know.  If they were driving through Chicago I'd wouldn't be surprised if it was gone before morning along with all the tires.

They'd just take the whole truck :D

2 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

One million pounds?  Does that include the trailer?  No worries about someone stealing it when you stop for the night.

Scotty beam it up....Let's see what they say in the morning when it is gone...

Texas Lizard

pretty impressive to say the least , 

i agree if in chicago they would be missing all those tires by morning , 

you do have to wonder about the road damage .....that we all pay to fix , 

11 hours ago, watab kid said:

pretty impressive to say the least , 

i agree if in chicago they would be missing all those tires by morning , 

you do have to wonder about the road damage .....that we all pay to fix , 

I'm sure the fees for the wide load permit help towards the politician's expenses.

I am writing this from memory, I might have a detail wrong.

It was ‘90 or ‘89, I bicycling up Vermont rt 4 toward Killington, helluvahill. The route was Boston-Montreal-Boston, 1200 Km give or take an inch in 90 hours or less. This was the first day and I’d ridden 100+ miles already. There was no traffic. Then comes Vermont’s finest with his lights on signaling me to stay to the side of the road. No problem. Few minutes later, on comes a WIDE LOAD. It looked like a manhole cover over the downhill lane and halfway over the uphill lane and the shoulder on the other side.

4 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I am writing this from memory, I might have a detail wrong.

It was ‘90 or ‘89, I bicycling up Vermont rt 4 toward Killington, helluvahill. The route was Boston-Montreal-Boston, 1200 Km give or take an inch in 90 hours or less. This was the first day and I’d ridden 100+ miles already. There was no traffic. Then comes Vermont’s finest with his lights on signaling me to stay to the side of the road. No problem. Few minutes later, on comes a WIDE LOAD. It looked like a manhole cover over the downhill lane and halfway over the uphill lane and the shoulder on the other side.

Rt. 4 is just a wonderful road for a wide load. Bet he loved getting thru Woodstock!:lol:

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Not trying to be a smart ass, but wouldn't it make more sense to dis-assemble and re-assemble it?

This one.

Archived