SASS Wire Forum

Credit Card Captain

Buckshot Bear

8 minutes ago, Alpo said:

That was an interesting video but I don't understand why you said it was credit card captain.

He's just bought on his credit card....first time on the water.

See it all the time where I live, might slow down a bit now with interest rates raising (from record lows) to stop inflation down here.

I watched a guy do the same thing only he was trying to trailer his boat. Ended up with a Grady White on top of his F250. Pretty sure he also got arrested for either DUI or BUI, when I left the ramp he was (sort of) walking the line.

Some of the most entertaining and scary things I have seen have been at boat launches (ramps). The dumbassery abounds!  I guess that video could be considered a “boat launch”.

I don't think that's what is meant by "dry dock."

I'm not sure I could do much better. The biggest I've sailed was a 21 foot catamaran.  

The most fun I had was with one of these:

See the source image

11 foot.  Kool had a promotional thing back in the early '70s, send in X number of labels and get a free boat.  My brothers worked at a drive in theater and got all the labels needed cleaning up the field.  Got two of them.   Fun on San Diego Mission Bay.

Might be time to bring back plank walking or yard arm hanging.  Up at the government locks in Seattle a man ran a brand new Cris Craft cabin cruiser into a closed lock gate and tied up traffic for a spell.

I never understood why or how he cleared the barriers in front of the gates.  He must have been really hauling a$$ to get it done.  We saw it as they were clearing out what had been a pretty nice boat.  

My dad shook his head and stated "and I thought I'd done something awful when I drove a tractor into an irrigation ditch."

22 hours ago, Alpo said:

That was an interesting video but I don't understand why you said it was credit card captain.

Because that’s what the guy on the video said. “Welcome to credit card captain”. I guess because he’s going to need one.

My patrol boat back in 93 was moored at a county marina. I saw some amazing things there. 

Whole youtube channel of these antics.

To become a boat Captain all you need is a credit card and a marina that has boat rentals.  

In a nutshell... To become a boat Captain all you need is a credit card and a marina that has boat rentals.  

My stepson has witnessed some some pretty interesting stuff on upper Roosevelt Lake at the marina where he keeps his boat.

Lots of first timers at the helm of a 60 foot long 16 foot wide double decker house boat that think they know what they are doing till the wind gets up just a little.

The local tug boat owner makes a fair amount of money pulling the rental house boats off of sand bars because the lake dropped a foot while the occupants were sleeping off the previous evening festivities. IIRC he gets a about $1000 in advance for the first hour which starts when he fires up the engine and ends when he turns off the key.  If the boat is a ways from his dock this can get expensive in a hurry. 

Archived