SASS Wire Forum

Trouble boils in Jerome

Utah Bob #35998

I visited Jerome last year. Really cool town. No one yelled at us. People were very cordial. AND I had California plates. 

I have never had a problem parking there. Legally.

The parking is bad in some places in Jerome. Part of the problem is tourists park in front a shop that has private parking spots, then walk to the downtown area. The shop then has no spots for their shoppers. As the article states, there is a huge public parking lot with a free shuttle that no one uses. They need to make it more clear that there is free parking. Plus, the free parking lot is right in front of the massive copper mine pit that only a fraction of the visitors see because they don't know it's there.

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I visited Jerome last year. Really cool town. No one yelled at us. People were very cordial. AND I had California plates. 

I am the only SASS member at our club in Chino Valley, AZ that isn't from California!

I was there 3 years ago and very much enjoyed the place. No problems at all except I want to go back and gas is too expensive to do so. :(

My wife and I got married in Sedona and had lunch at the restaurant in the old mental hospital in Jerome, had the haunted hamburger! 

2 hours ago, Jack Spade said:

My wife and I got married in Sedona and had lunch at the restaurant in the old mental hospital in Jerome, had the haunted hamburger! 

I once had a hamburger that haunted me all night.  Ghostly, pure ghostly.

..........Widder

On 7/17/2022 at 5:21 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I had to rent a car couple weeks ago and refused to take one that had Kalifornia plates.

kR

On 7/18/2022 at 5:39 PM, Jack Spade said:

These days you don't stand a ghost of  chance to get in the door! When I drive by, there is often a line down the street waiting for a seat.

Archived