SASS Wire Forum

Educational Standards Today

Buckshot Bear

What is the one above the flower, and the one above the chikun supe?

Can't decide whether that's DERITOZ, or DENTOZ, but either way I don't recognize the product.

The same way with CONE MILL. Never heard of it before.

Handwriting is excellent.

Growing up in Appalachian Ohio, I had no trouble translating ... oh wait, that's from years of reading doctor's handwritten orders!

:lol::lol::lol:

21 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Can't decide whether that's DERITOZ, or DENTOZ, but either way I don't recognize the product.

Doritos and corn meal.

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

Doritos and corn meal, just sawd Blarney beet mee 2 ut!

4 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

That's pretty bad, for here, but I'm guessing it's not bad for Aussies.:D

Yer write, ..... but ...

..... cone mill 'n' kechup 'n' halapino popperz .....

....... tend to get me thunkin' it ain't no Awsteraylion chopin' list ......   :blush:

Dish lickwud

Is this an Aussie term? Because I've never heard it before. People I know use dish soap. Or dish detergent. The commercials call it dishwashing detergent. But not dish liquid. Maybe this term is used somewhere else in the country - it's a big country.

In Britain, they use washing up liquid.

What is Dawn or Palmolive or the equivalent in Oz?

24 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Dish lickwud

Is this an Aussie term? Because I've never heard it before. People I know use dish soap. Or dish detergent. The commercials call it dishwashing detergent. But not dish liquid. Maybe this term is used somewhere else in the country - it's a big country.

In Britain, they use washing up liquid.

I'm thinking this is an American shopping list Alpo, Australians are wayyyy to cultured to write so abysmally as that and the giveaways are 'ketchup' and 'Baloney".

Remember.....Australia has more culture than Yoghurt.

aapone-20091103000209227899-topshots-racing-aus-original.webp.a046f3cfa5c4c3ca418c2787695607cf.webp

I'm fully aware that it's a joke. No one could make that many spelling errors.

But I noticed that one of the items bought is corn on the cob. I have never heard of buying corn on the cob at a grocery store. Corn on the cob is a dish. You buy fresh corn, and when you get through cooking it it is corn on the cob.

But someone had to come up with it. And someone had to use the term dish liquid to think about putting it down on his fake grocery list. I'm just attempting to figure out where that term is used, because I have not heard it here in the southeast.

44 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I'm fully aware that it's a joke. No one could make that many spelling errors.

But I noticed that one of the items bought is corn on the cob. I have never heard of buying corn on the cob at a grocery store. Corn on the cob is a dish. You buy fresh corn, and when you get through cooking it it is corn on the cob.

But someone had to come up with it. And someone had to use the term dish liquid to think about putting it down on his fake grocery list. I'm just attempting to figure out where that term is used, because I have not heard it here in the southeast.

Corn on the cob was likely written by someone who neither shops nor cooks.

dish liquid, I would not have written but being multi-regionally and multi-generationally trained linguistically I understood it.

On 7/14/2022 at 4:04 PM, Alpo said:

Dish lickwud

........ well, .... it's "Dawn" ........ and "Palmolive" .........  whether we like it, or not ........   ;)

Archived