SASS Wire Forum

Thanks For All The Laughs

Calamity Kris

I just wanted to drop you all a note letting you know how much I appreciate the humor here.  It really has been uplifting for me.  Keep up the excellent job!!!

Why darlin', we take our humor quite seriously!

(Not much of anything else, but you knew that already!)

Silliness is an art form and I practice it often!

Why, at work, one of the fellows called me a Commodion!

I was kind of corn fused so I asked him what's that and he give me The Look and said "Keller, you're so full of it you need flushed!"

Sad part is ... he's right ...

If you laugh at this stuff, we should worry about you!!

Glad to be of service!!

You will notice though that while some of us think we're funny none of us has quit our day jobs!:P

14 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

You will notice though that while some of us think we're funny none of us has quit our day jobs!:P

Speak for yourself, Rye!! :lol:

8 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Speak for yourself, Rye!! :lol:

Tell me you gotta gig at the comedy club and I'll be there!:lol:

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Tell me you gotta gig at the comedy club and I'll be there!:lol:

Nope! But I get a few laughs for my comments during our band gigs!!  

Get in trouble now and then too!! :o :lol:

Well, I appreciate you all.  

To give you an idea of my week, the work load in the office is disbursed such that each manager has a minimum of 5 people working for them to help  distribute the workload.  In my group, once they "encourage the departure" of a guy who desperately needs to move on, I will be the last person left.   There aren't enough hours in a week to handle the workload.  The outlook isn't very rosy either.  That's why I look forward to the camaraderie and levity here.  It brightens, if only for a little while, the bleak outlook of my work week.

Thank you!!!

9 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Number 38!

You sure know how to tell a joke! ;)

I remember wandering in here a few decades ago. I read some post from Boston John, and Zeb, and a few others.

”What kind of madhouse is this?”, I wondered.

Then I realized.

My kind. :lol:

11 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I remember wandering in here a few decades ago. I read some post from Boston John, and Zeb, and a few others.

”What kind of madhouse is this?”, I wondered.

Then I realized.

My kind. :lol:

For my part, it could just as appropriately been named the Asylum!!! I’ve found a little shelter here at times!!

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

For my part, it could just as appropriately been named the Asylum!!! I’ve found a little shelter here at times!!

In my case, I call my office the asylum because you must be mad to work there........

The SALOON is a great place to kick off your shoes, set a spell and yarn with Pards to unwind and forget your cares for a while.

I know it's been a great for me.

15 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

Well, I appreciate you all.  

To give you an idea of my week, the work load in the office is disbursed such that each manager has a minimum of 5 people working for them to help  distribute the workload.  In my group, once they "encourage the departure" of a guy who desperately needs to move on, I will be the last person left.   There aren't enough hours in a week to handle the workload.  The outlook isn't very rosy either.  That's why I look forward to the camaraderie and levity here.  It brightens, if only for a little while, the bleak outlook of my work week.

Thank you!!!

Snip-it_1651334638784.jpg.f4a81ef185b4153bb645197888b7179c.jpg

I love the Saloon and I love coming in here. I pop in several times a day. I rarely ever go to the Wire, mostly because I just don’t care, but I do care about the Saloon and everyone here. You folks are my friends, even though we have never met…well, I have met a few of the current crop of Saloonatics. 

Like @Calamity KrisI use the Saloon as a respite from work sometimes.  Thankfully my work computer can access the Saloon. Most “gun related” sites are blocked at work. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0a7016c7e1ca0349f52b49a9508c0688.jpeg

Archived