Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes,
'Twas his intent.
To blow up the King and the Parliament.
Three score barrels of powder below.
Poor old England to overthrow.
By God's providence he was catch'd,
With a dark lantern and burning match

Holloa boys, Holloa boys, let the bells ring
Holloa boys, Holloa boys, God save the King!

Hip hip Hoorah !
Hip hip Hoorah !

A penny loaf to feed ol'Pope,
A farthing cheese to choke him.
A pint of beer to rinse it down,
A faggot of sticks to burn him.
Burn him in a tub of tar,'
Burn him like a blazing star.
Burn his body from his head,
Then we'll say: ol'Pope is dead

May be an image of ‎outdoors and ‎text that says '‎3ه GUNPOWDER DELIVERIES FIRST RIGHT‎'‎‎

Your link took me to some sort of CVS website, where it told me I did not have permission to enter. :blink:

"

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / NAAT) If testing for travel, be sure that your selected test type is accepted at your destination. Upon arrival, follow instructions posted at the site. Do not go into the CVS store unless instructed to do so."

24 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Your link took me to some sort of CVS website, where it told me I did not have permission to enter. :blink:

"

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / NAAT) If testing for travel, be sure that your selected test type is accepted at your destination. Upon arrival, follow instructions posted at the site. Do not go into the CVS store unless instructed to do so."

Thanks.  My phone, for some unknown reason, will sometimes decide to paste a link I had copied 3 or 4 links ago

13 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

anyone wearing a Guy Fawkes mask

First, they should be asked a simple question.  Do you know who Guy Fawkes was, or are you wearing that mask because you saw "v for vendetta", or because you saw other rioters wearing them?  I bet 99% of them would select the last option.. which should be legal reason to slap the snot out of them.

18 minutes ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

First, they should be asked a simple question.  Do you know who Guy Fawkes was, or are you wearing that mask because you saw "v for vendetta", or because you saw other rioters wearing them?  I bet 99% of them would select the last option.. which should be legal reason to slap the snot out of them.

I ask them why they want a Roman Catholic theocracy.

Throw a rope around their neck, drag them to the nearest tree and pull them up.

After all, he was tried, convicted, and sentenced to be hanged drawn and quartered. "He's standing over there? He apparently got away. Quick! Let's carry out the sentence!!"

16 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Uh..............at the risk of offending some people who I really like and don't want to offend, how were Fawkes's actions significantly different than our own founding fathers (and mothers)?

They pulled it off. ;)

Interesting...

In Britain, 5 November has variously been called Guy Fawkes Night, Guy Fawkes Day, Plot Night,[62] and Bonfire Night (which can be traced directly back to the original celebration of 5 November 1605).[63] Bonfires were accompanied by fireworks from the 1650s onwards, and it became the custom after 1673 to burn an effigy (usually of the pope) when heir presumptive James, Duke of York, converted to Catholicism.[3] Effigies of other notable figures have found their way onto the bonfires, such as Paul Kruger and Margaret Thatcher,[64] although most modern effigies are of Fawkes.[60] The "guy" is normally created by children from old clothes, newspapers, and a mask.[60] During the 19th century, "guy" came to mean an oddly dressed person, while in many places it has lost any pejorative connotation and instead refers to any male person and the plural form can refer to people of any gender (as in "you guys").[

Never knew that's where the term "guy" came from. :huh:

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Uh..............at the risk of offending some people who I really like and don't want to offend, how were Fawkes's actions significantly different than our own founding fathers (and mothers)?

Basically, he was trying to put Spanish Catholic catspaws on the English throne. Overthrowing the government.

Our Rebel ancestors were trying to break free and establish their own nation composed of free and independent states.  (Not unlike the events of the 1860s)

12 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Does smoke come out of their ears when they try to comprehend those big words? :D

Theocracy = Theo crazy…:blink::D:lol:

21 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Basically, he was trying to put Spanish Catholic catspaws on the English throne. Overthrowing the government.

Our Rebel ancestors were trying to break free and establish their own nation composed of free and independent states.  (Not unlike the events of the 1860s)

They were also being persecuted because of the religion they practiced. The Spanish king was one of their allies. In America we had the French . I think the common theme here is the English monarchy sucks 

On 11/5/2021 at 9:22 AM, Subdeacon Joe said:

Thanks.  My phone, for some unknown reason, will sometimes decide to paste a link I had copied 3 or 4 links ago

My I pad does that. Sometimes from a month ago or more!

20 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

They were also being persecuted because of the religion they practiced. The Spanish king was one of their allies. In America we had the French . I think the common theme here is the English monarchy sucks 

Did.  Still does.  IMHO.

Archived